ADVERTISEMENT

The west for the taking

We still have the most talent. If we can figure out how to get them in the right places the other western teams will have a tough time with us.

I would believe you, but we still have dudes that have no business being on major DI starting rosters starting for us. I hate bringing our players down but there's no way Gifford starts for any team east of the Mississippi - HS or College.

Edit:. Re-watched the game and Gifford did play pretty good. I used a bad example when trying to make my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3ntral08
I would believe you, but we still have dudes that have no business being on major DI starting rosters starting for us. I hate bringing our players down but there's no way Gifford starts for any team east of the Mississippi - HS or College.
Every team in the West has that...but you don't follow them closely.

Do you still believe all of that after tonight?
we have recruited better according to Rivals. We certainly haven't coached them up though. seems we take chicken salad and make it chicken sh!+, where the other west teams take chicken you know what and make chicken salad with it. this isn't just with the current coaches but with all the coaches we've had this century.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Gifford played well when the scheme wasnt handcuffing him to sit and wait.

Why because he's white? Even though our defense was horrible, Gifford had a pretty decent game. Played much better than Newby or Davis. On one of the bubble screens he blew up the block and tackled the receiver for no gain. On another pass to the flat he was playing off the receiver but closed the gap very fast for minimal gain. Gifford looked to me like the most athletic linebacker we have.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Lol whatever. I'll eat crow next week after oregon if we get smashed. Because that Defense scheme that was out there tonight, was the worst I've ever seen.
Ever? You must not remember the Callahan era and getting 70 put up by Texas Tech...

I was actually happy with what I saw from Iowa. Free his first four passes, Stanley settled in and made some good throws. Dude needs to learn to hang onto the ball when he gets sacked though. Had good touch on his TD passes. Shows decent athleticism running outside the pocket.

The defense was, well, pretty stellar. Didn't miss many tackles. The break down on the deep ball was on the backup CB as Rugumba was out with a suspension. Josh Jackson looked so good on the other side of the field.

All in all, with three starters out and a new QB coupled with first time OC, I'm happy.

Reactions: chrislukenel
I agree with the other hawk fans. First start for a new QB who THREW, you know that thing Iowa can't do, for 3 touchdowns. Akrum went over 100. Butler runs like a man and doesn't go down on first contact. I'm not sure what game the op was watching but other than all the fumbles that was about as good as we could have asked for in a tough home opener, missing leaders on both sides of the ball. There are going to be ups and downs but our defense isn't going to bow to anyone. Missing our best o line and center, Daniels, we didnt miss a beat and have solid depth both places. Iowa is good when we get a pass rush and we rotate 8 Solid d-line guys which is going to wear teams out all year. Good win for Neb, a W is a W, but I wouldn't get too comfy thinking your going to win the west OP.

No one in the west scares me. Iowa looked awful; Stanley is trash. NW lol people picked them to finish ahead of us? Wisky game will be for the west. Hope everyone is there on their feet yelling. Let's make it to Indy boys. WIN THE BIG TEN. Lfg.

Stanley trash? Have you looked at his stats after 3 games?

Reactions: BC Hawk
Lol Bohl called a horrid game. Running straight ahead out of the I formation vs Iowa. Derp. You have a 1st round qb and iowa secondary lost King. THROW. Atrocious play calling. Stanley coming into Lincoln? Good luck. How anyone watched the whole game and thought Iowa looked good is beyond me. Iowa, NW, Illinois, Minny, Purdue never beating us. Its Wisky and thats it. Plain and simple. Iowa will lose 6 games promise.
Yeah, we'll go 3-6 in conf play......i'll take that bet

A teams record says what they are not a talent show where the ugly girl always has the best voice but loses to the pretty one.

still very realistic. Iowa doesn't look good. Purdue gunna steam roll Iowa as well has everyone else in the west not named Wisconsin.

PU? LMAO
I'd take that bet too! Shame I'd never get paid.
Just because they're gonna steamroll you guys, doesn't mean they will everyone.....

I agree with him that we recruit better.
Whether we coach better is a whole nother story.
But we can still pump sunshine every feb about our top 25 recruiting classes, right?
All I have to ad is, do we really recruit better? Do you realize that * rankings are click bait, some kids get more based upon if they attend a camp sponsored by click bait ranking services.

Reactions: Arbitr8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT