ADVERTISEMENT

The Texas connection is strong with this staff

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
And now here's another move that will show Rhule's intention to recruit Texas: sources tell FootballScoop that Rhule is working to hire University Interscholastic League athletic director Dr. Susan Elza as his chief of staff in Lincoln.
As Rhule's chief of staff, Elza will represent Rhule in all off-field matters and serve as his right-hand in building the program. While Elza will not do any off-field recruiting, she'll be an important part of the on-campus recruiting experience while, most importantly, making Texas high school coaches comfortable putting their players on a plane to Lincoln in the first place.

Last edited:
He’s done pretty well hiring strategically, I’ll give him that…

darth vader force GIF

He’s done pretty well hiring strategically, I’ll give him that…
Getting recruits from Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's is the key. Just take a look at where most of the SEC schools get their key players. Of course there is a huge cultural difference between those states and Nebraska. Have to make those guys feel comfortable somehow!!

Reactions: WHCSC
Getting recruits from Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's is the key. Just take a look at where most of the SEC schools get their key players. Of course there is a huge cultural difference between those states and Nebraska. Have to make those guys feel comfortable somehow!!
Always gonna a hurdle anymore… combine that with all the NIL money at the bigger schools and it’s tough sledding ahead. Don’t see Rhule getting significantly more elite talent than what we’ve had. Let’s hope his ‘development’ skills are superhuman…

• Haha
Reactions: Dylman
Always gonna a hurdle anymore… combine that with all the NIL money at the bigger schools and it’s tough sledding ahead. Don’t see Rhule getting significantly more elite talent than what we’ve had. Let’s hope his ‘development’ skills are superhuman…
I’m getting older now and one of the first thing to go is my memory, but it would seem to me as a percentage of the staff, rhule has more minority hires than any prior Husker staff this century.

He also probably had a wider spread of experience ranges on staff than many husker coaches did previously as well. There should be something for everyone so to speak.

Last edited:
couldn't we just hire a professional bbq chef and fill some cigar boxes with benjamins as welcoming gifts for new recruits? that would increase my interest

Last edited:
We already have more talent than most B1G teams. Just average development will yield 80-100% more wins.

I sure hope they start targeting my kids school more often as Rhule is connected to our coach on Twitter... They're only the most dominant team in Texas 5A with 11 state titles winning it again this year! played in the same division as Raiola when he was in Texas last year and beat them consistently. They just have so much talent including Hauss Hejny a QB with a current Husker offer and more kids in quite a few top programs... Would be so great watching future Huskers on the field down here

And now here's another move that will show Rhule's intention to recruit Texas: sources tell FootballScoop that Rhule is working to hire University Interscholastic League athletic director Dr. Susan Elza as his chief of staff in Lincoln.
As Rhule's chief of staff, Elza will represent Rhule in all off-field matters and serve as his right-hand in building the program. While Elza will not do any off-field recruiting, she'll be an important part of the on-campus recruiting experience while, most importantly, making Texas high school coaches comfortable putting their players on a plane to Lincoln in the first place.
I'm all for it but somewhat puzzled as I thought he already had hired a chief of staff. Maybe there's going to be more than one chief.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT