ADVERTISEMENT

The Spring Game will be a real game

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Hallelujah. I'm really glad to see the kicking teams will be part of the game. I got tired of stopping the games to run drills and the coaches standing behind the formations. The Team Jack run was an exception of course.

Did we really need to see lineman catching punts also? Waste of time.

I usually hate running clocks but with 20 minute quarters it should be pretty cool. Is halftime the Drug Free Pledge?

Originally posted by hamneggs53:
Did we really need to see lineman catching punts also? Waste of time.
Eh, I know it was the Bo Era, but a lot of people (including me) liked the goofier stuff that went on. At the time, it was seen as a way to entertain the crowd and have fun without as many opportunities for injuries. Lots of schools are doing that type of spring "game" nowadays. But I do agree that it'll be great to see a real game.

Forecast shows windy (15 - 20mph) and warm (66 - 72degrees) so it shouldn't be too bad to attend this year. I don't see any tornados in the forecast yet!

I love the idea of playing an actual game to see all aspects. What better way for the coaches to get a real good idea of what they have and be able to evaluate at full speed (well, as close as they can get right now.)

Watching the video of AJ Bush on the front page of Husker Online today, I see that players that have yet to play in a game can indeed speak to the media now! A good long interview if you haven't seen it.

Irrelevant IMO. Lets just impress some recruits and come out of it healthy.

They are going to stop the clock on change of possession though. I will be watching on BTN and we have a 2-hour timeslot. The game will probably butt up against that or run over.

Originally posted by jteten:
Irrelevant IMO.
I flew back every year from SoCal for the Spring Game and to see family. I stopped scheduling my family visit during Spring Game week when it was no longer much of a "game". I assume a lot of other people stayed away for that reason. The size of the crowd might make a little bit of difference to a recruit or two. So I think the format could be relevant. I am already planning to start coming again next year.

ADVERTISEMENT