ADVERTISEMENT

The road ahead

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
I am feeling a lot more enthusiastic about Nebraska's season after today. If we were in the Big 12 this year, I would say this is a 7-8 win team. However, even though we had a glimmer of hope today, our schedule just got tougher after results around the country.

Michigan State will be a Top 20 team this week and will be undefeated going home to play NU.

Minnesota shutout Colorado today in Boulder which is not easy to do.

Purdue even in a loss has looked better than expected in their first three games

Michigan has played some cupcakes but offense looks a lot better.

Honestly, this those 50/50 games are looking tougher and tougher!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I view it as a schedule breakdown. In November the games are against Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio State.

Those are three losses, which puts Frost at 5 losses for the season.

Frost would need to win two games against Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Michigan just to get to 4 wins.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I view it as a schedule breakdown. In November the games are against Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio State.

Those are three losses, which puts Frost at 5 losses for the season.

Frost would need to win two games against Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Michigan just to get to 4 wins.
You also said Lincoln Riley was going to "skullfvck Nebraska". He was going to win by 4 TD's. ETC, ETC, ETC. He was held to his lowest output EVER at oklahoma.

Your Football acumen is not very good. I've never seen one be so wrong in so many predictions.

You want Nebraska to hire a Kirk Ferentz clone. Which would be mind bending stupid. We don't need to go back to the 3 yard cloud of dust offense in 2021. We don't need to out Iowa, Iowa. There's a reason why Iowa has the worst QB and receivers in the Big 10. Their offense sucks. They can't recruit skill positions to that offense. We will beat Iowa this year!

You also said Lincoln Riley was going to "skullfvck Nebraska". He was going to win by 4 TD's. ETC, ETC, ETC. He was held to his lowest output EVER at oklahoma.

Your Football acumen is not very good. I've never seen one be so wrong in so many predictions.

You want Nebraska to hire a Kirk Ferentz clone. Which would be mind bending stupid. We don't need to go back to the 3 yard cloud of dust offense in 2021. We don't need to out Iowa, Iowa. There's a reason why Iowa has the worst QB and receivers in the Big 10. Their offense sucks. They can't recruit skill positions to that offense. We will beat Iowa this year!

And if Oklahoma played Nebraska again tomorrow I would predict the same thing I did going into this game. D showed some good stuff but that was it.

I want to hire a coach with P5 experience and has won things - like national titles. Scott Frost is not a good head coach. He hasn't fixed his side of the ball in 4 years now and special teams are worse this year than the previous years.

And if Oklahoma played Nebraska again tomorrow I would predict the same thing I did going into this game. D showed some good stuff but that was it.

I want to hire a coach with P5 experience and has won things - like national titles. Scott Frost is not a good head coach. He hasn't fixed his side of the ball in 4 years now and special teams are worse this year than the previous years.
So Jamey is out then? No P5 experience.

So Gus is your only candidate?

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
So Gus is your only candidate?

Chris Klienman is my #1 guy. Won national titles at the FCS level and has done a good job at Kansas State and has his team undefeated heading into conference play with a P5 level win already this season.

Lance Liepold has won titles, albiet the D3 level but he is not a bad coach.

Jeff Monken has consistently won.

If we hired someone without a conference title or national title or division title that coaches at the P5 level, there is on that would be a damn good hire - Jeff Hafley.

Gus would be fine and I'd be thrilled with that, but he seems pretty damn happy at UCF.

The ideal hire would be Matt Campbell but I don't talk about him since it's hard to see that as being realistic. He is a great culture builder, develops players, the players like playing for him, and he let's his coaches coach and is a CEO, not a coordinator acting as a head coach.

Beating Iowa this year is possible. But as of today I wold say not probable. But as someone once said “that’s why they play the games”

Chris Klienman is my #1 guy. Won national titles at the FCS level and has done a good job at Kansas State and has his team undefeated heading into conference play with a P5 level win already this season.

If we hired someone without a conference title or national title or division title that coaches at the P5 level, there is on that would be a damn good hire - Jeff Hafley.

Gus would be fine and I'd be thrilled with that, but he seems pretty damn happy at UCF.

The ideal hire would be Matt Campbell but I don't talk about him since it's hard to see that as being realistic. He is a great culture builder, develops players, the players like playing for him, and he let's his coaches coach and is a CEO, not a coordinator acting as a head coach.
Your #1 guy is a 53 year old guy born in Iowa. Who was 8-5 in year 1 and 4-6 in year 2. In what is basically a mid major conference with teams like Kansas, Baylor Texas tech, okie state, iowa state. Were getting a Kirk Ferentz type guy just not as good as Kirk Ferentz. Who has shown nothing at recruiting. Good choice Eichorst.

Your #1 guy is a 53 year old guy born in Iowa. Who was 8-5 in year 1 and 4-6 in year 2. In what is basically a mid major conference with teams like Kansas, Baylor Texas tech, okie state, iowa state. Were getting a Kirk Ferentz type guy just not as good as Kirk Ferentz. Who has shown nothing at recruiting. Good choice Eichorst.
Scott Frost losses and keeps losing. You are one of those Frost lovers that doesn't get it.

Chris Klienman is a solid coach that will win big before his days are done. I like it you ignore the national titles at the FCS level and the undefeated start to this season that also includes a P5 level win.

Has Scott Frost even won a P5 game in non-conference play since being the head coach at Nebraska?

Ole Miss offense is legit even though they don’t run the option 😉. Their defense is suspect. They’re ranked 17th and still have to play everyone in the SEC west but they get Tenn and Vandy from the East. They also have Liberty at home. Liberty was good enough to beat Coastal Carolina in a bowl game. And we all know how well Jamey coaches and how dynamic their offense is.

Reactions: Redinwashington
Scott Frost losses and keeps losing. You are one of those Frost lovers that doesn't get it.

Chris Klienman is a solid coach that will win big before his days are done. I like it you ignore the national titles at the FCS level and the undefeated start to this season that also includes a P5 level win.

Has Scott Frost even won a P5 game in non-conference play since being the head coach at Nebraska?
Craig Bohl won 3 FCS NC before him. He's 41-44 at Wyoming . So obviously FCS level success doesn't necessarily translate to FBS success. I predict Kleiman will have a similar record at Kansas State. We don't need to take a chance on a unproven coach.

I am feeling a lot more enthusiastic about Nebraska's season after today. If we were in the Big 12 this year, I would say this is a 7-8 win team. However, even though we had a glimmer of hope today, our schedule just got tougher after results around the country.

Michigan State will be a Top 20 team this week and will be undefeated going home to play NU.

Minnesota shutout Colorado today in Boulder which is not easy to do.

Purdue even in a loss has looked better than expected in their first three games

Michigan has played some cupcakes but offense looks a lot better.

Honestly, this those 50/50 games are looking tougher and tougher!

I don't recall that all those were 50/50 games. More like 30/70 games.

Ole Miss offense is legit even though they don’t run the option 😉. Their defense is suspect. They’re ranked 17th and still have to play everyone in the SEC west but they get Tenn and Vandy from the East. They also have Liberty at home. Liberty was good enough to beat Coastal Carolina in a bowl game. And we all know how well Jamey coaches and how dynamic their offense is.
Agree. But that QB is filthy. And D is better than expected at THIS point.

Craig Bohl won 3 FCS NC before him. He's 41-44 at Wyoming . So obviously FCS level success doesn't necessarily translate to FBS success. I predict Kleiman will have a similar record at Kansas State. We don't need to take a chance on a unproven coach.
And Brian Kelly won D2 titles and has lead Notre Dame to the playoffs.

Sometimes coaches that win titles at a lower level can win big at the P5 level. Shocking, I know.

He may be your #1 guy but none of us want you to make the decision that Alberts will make..

• Love

Why don’t you start your 1000th thread on the subject. Tell us more about smash mouth

Scott Frost’s offense against FBS teams in 2022.

22, 28, 16.

Nebraska has been held under 20 4 times since the start of last year and only scored 30 twice against FBS teams.

Iowa hasn’t scored <20 over the past 2 years, scored 30+ 6 times.

If their offense sucks, how do you describe Frost’s offense?

22, 28, 16.

Nebraska has been held under 20 4 times since the start of last year and only scored 30 twice against FBS teams.

I believe most of Iowa's points are scored by their defense.

As we journey down the road ahead, I hope they decide to keep Saturday’s uniforms.

Talk about hitting the spot. The white stripes and the grey face masks. Provided a sleeker and cleaner look.

Best looking unis I’ve seen in a long time. Who do we need to petition or dial up to make the change permanent?

Also it probably wouldn’t hurt to take the whole team down to the creek and have em wash off the last 20 years…

GBR

You know Fleck could coach circles around Frost and is a damn good coach.

I hope we have another kicker that they can get ready. I also hope the OL has the best guys playing their best positions. Something tells me that is not the case, but it would really help get the running game going.

We have a lot of weapons on offense, and if Scott continues to slow the game down with ball control, that would give us a real shot at improving the record this year.

22, 28, 16.

Maybe it's because Iowa's offense is so boring.

I hope we have another kicker that they can get ready. I also hope the OL has the best guys playing their best positions. Something tells me that is not the case, but it would really help get the running game going.

We have a lot of weapons on offense, and if Scott continues to slow the game down with ball control, that would give us a real shot at improving the record this year.
I don't believe NU is using the best available players on the offensive line. I don't want to continue to state what I think is obvious.

I thought the move to start Hixson instead of Piper was positive. It changed that position from dreadful to whatever the next adjective is above dreadful.

If suggestions were made from "above" and it resulted in that one position change, I take that as a positive move. But when a poster uses the excuse that these are all freshmen or young really doesn't cut it with Frost, cause he doesn't (or shouldn't) have 2-3 years to screw around walting for these young kids to grow into the positions.

A potential line change next week, and then maybe one the next week and it may be enough to help SF save his job. But playing the same non productive players and not making changes is not "improvement" to me.

The time may come where SF will find himself forced into personnel changes and good things could happen.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Maybe it's because Iowa's offense is so boring.
I don't have dog in the fight. It seems that you must wake-up with a hardon about Iowa. THERE IS MEDICINE THAT COULD ??? HELP YOUR PROBLEM. Seward Nebr. is not far from Lincoln.

I don't believe NU is using the best available players on the offensive line. I don't want to continue to state what I think is obvious.

I thought the move to start Hixson instead of Piper was positive. It changed that position from dreadful to whatever the next adjective is above dreadful.

If suggestions were made from "above" and it resulted in that one position change, I take that as a positive move. But when a poster uses the excuse that these are all freshmen or young really doesn't cut it with Frost, cause he doesn't (or shouldn't) have 2-3 years to screw around walting for these young kids to grow into the positions.

A potential line change next week, and then maybe one the next week and it may be enough to help SF save his job. But playing the same non productive players and not making changes is not "improvement" to me.

The time may come where SF will find himself forced into personnel changes and good things could happen.
Need to get Sichterman out too and Teddy needs to play. That would go a long way to taking our Oline from horrid to maybe somewhere around average. We have the talent on Oline to be good even this year if Frost had the balls to fire Austin in-season.

Reactions: scarletred

Honest question, do you have any idea how to spell your favorite coaches’ names? I’m not usually a nit picker but the irony is too much.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
ADVERTISEMENT