ADVERTISEMENT

The Rise and Fall of Adidas Boost.

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
Adidas is no longer hot with the kids and public like Nike. NU needs to switch their gear and go with Nike. Nike makes better apparel compared to Adidas boring designs. Adidas (German company). is not popular with American public like Nike ( American company) today. I see more people wearing Nike compared to Adidas in the public today. No need to defend Adidas.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Nike apparel all looks the same. Even the basketball stuff just looks like their trademark Boring running gear. Adidas has some decent shoe variety and some good premium apparel. Neither are as sought after as air jordan. Should almost go in a completely different direction. Nebraska strikes me as a New Balance kind of school. Kinda kidding.

I hit up the factory stores out here in California quite often. Nike and Adidas are both pretty bland with their apparel offerings. Puma is actually the company that I really see a lot of good stuff from. One of the few companies still making 50%+ cotton apparel as well.

As slow as Nebraska has looked on the field the last several years...I assumed we have been wearing Skechers Shape Ups.

skechers57003-BKSL-1.jpeg

Adidas is no longer hot with the kids and public like Nike. NU needs to switch their gear and go with Nike. Nike makes better apparel compared to Adidas boring designs. Adidas (German company). is not popular with American public like Nike ( American company) today. I see more people wearing Nike compared to Adidas in the public today. No need to defend Adidas.
https://youtu.be/pH2_IcMSol0
Since when are "dad shoes" back in style??? God I'm glad I don't try to be a sneaker junky. I'd get left behind so fricken fast

how about those shoes with the N on the side?
m373-black_red01.jpg

ml501hxb_nb_14_i

New-Balance-M1300CSU-Red-suede-1.jpg

mx40rd_nb_14_i
I believe those are still mostly made in the U.S. (some in the UK).

I agree Nike is more popular with young people, but I don't think anyone really favors it as an American-vs.-German company. New Balance would have that edge, though I don't know if they're too popular with younger people.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
If you want to get in with the kids again you have to get with under armor or Nike... Under Armor is taking over Nike with the younger generation I think

https://youtu.be/pH2_IcMSol0

We need to switch to big baller brand ASAP

I mostly buy Under Armour now, but I don't buy brand specific if I find a shoe I like. I also wear a pair of shoes till they are about ready for the trash and then they become mowing shoes. I'm in work boots most the week anyway. I do like those red shoes with the black N on them up above.

I mostly buy Under Armour now, but I don't buy brand specific if I find a shoe I like. I also wear a pair of shoes till they are about ready for the trash and then they become mowing shoes. I'm in work boots most the week anyway. I do like those red shoes with the black N on them up above.
Does Under Armour make good shoes? I like the way they look, but I've never tried them.

I usually buy New Balance, but because I'm a cheapskate I buy one of the past year's models online or from the local Big 5 store, because I like spending $40 to $50 a lot more than $120.

Reactions: TFrazier
Does Under Armour make good shoes? I like the way they look, but I've never tried them.

I usually buy New Balance, but because I'm a cheapskate I buy one of the past year's models online or from the local Big 5 store, because I like spending $40 to $50 a lot more than $120.

I get good life out of them, but like I said I am not the best person for longevity because I'm usually only wearing them when I go somewhere on the weekend. The last two pairs I have bought have been very comfortable.

There’s a YouTube clip on it, so it must be true

No need to defend Adidas? Why did you even post?

Nike was much more popular in the 90s and Adidas was much less popular in the 90s, the Adidas contract didn’t hurt us then.

and definitely going to take advice on what’s cool and what’s not from two dorky white overweight middle age guys from that video. Definitely seem like a creditable source when it comes to black kids from inner cities

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiv3D
301 posts in 16 years? GTFO. Seriously. That post has troll all over it and it’s about a shoe contract!!! Seriously? You should have an add and a link to purchase Nikes in your post.

Reactions: scarletred
Adidas is doing quite well for themselves and has increased market share double digits over Nike in Last 5 Years. I think they finally started to get their act together

Couldn't be farther from the truth regarding Under Armour. I don't mind some of their gear, but their shoes are awful.

The only shoes that were somewhat decent were the Project Rock, but that is about it, and it is because I like the Rock... All of their other shoes are shit.

Couldn't be farther from the truth regarding Under Armour. I don't mind some of their gear, but their shoes are awful.
Their clothing is pretty good, put their shoes do look cheap, not Payless cheap but a step below the big boys

My son got me a pair of ultraboost shoes mens. Though I’ve not tried many running shoes, I think these are the best. I just like them, and I don’t want to buy any other pair of shoes like Pegasus, for example. IMO all these disputes about the best shoes make no sense. Come on, guys, let’s wear what we like.
Have you ever tried old school Converse Chuck Taylors?

Reactions: Dylman
I'm supprised puma doesn't make real football shoes, they would automaticly get penn state, byu and houston..and any other cat team, with their logo

I think we should sign with Duluth Trading... the guys would rock the "Buck Naked" brand... kids would swarm to the school
I realize this is yet another ****ing resurrected thread but this is the most Nebraska comment on the internet b right now.

Kangaroo. Good enough for Sweetness, good enough for our motley crew.

My son got me a pair of ultraboost shoes mens. Though I haven't tried too many running shoes, I think these are the best. I just like them, and I don’t want to buy any other model like Pegasus, for example. IMO all these disputes about which company is the best make no sense. Come on, guys, let’s wear what we like. Though I like Adidas ultraboost shoes, I’m a great fan of air jordan shoes because they are classic. I’ll never forget how Jordan was fined 5 grand for wearing his own shoes every time he played. Despite this, he kept wearing them. So, let’s just share our preferences but not argue about them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT