ADVERTISEMENT

The reason for the season

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Today, more than any other day, we should give thanks for those that make our freedoms possible. People that gave their life so that you and I can remain free. Look at Russia, China, Iran and North Korea today. Do we really want that? Heck no! I choose democracy and freedom over tyranny and dictators. When I was serving, I remember getting caught out at sunset as taps was being played. You had to stop, turn to the nearest American flag, stand at attention and salute. But it's the guys (and ladies) that gave it their all and didn't make it back that we owe the most to. This is their day. Let's give thanks to all of those buried underground so that we can live free above ground.

ANC.jpg

I took this pic on Memorial Day 2019 in Ballinger, Texas. I walked up on the ceremony as I was about to take pics of the courthouse. *cue up John Mellencamp's Pink Houses*

hgdOpcZl.jpg
You ever been to Westpoint, NE? They have the best Military Memorial I have ever seen. They obviously put a lot of money into it with all the granite and statues. Haven’t seen anything close.

Reactions: Bremser and zrob
You ever been to Westpoint, NE? They have the best Military Memorial I have ever seen. They obviously put a lot of money into it with all the granite and statues. Haven’t seen anything close.
I have not. Any pics? I have been to all 254 counties in Texas and you'd be amazed at all the elaborate veterans memorials that are out there.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I do have pics but don’t know how to upload from my personal albums.

VeteranMemorialPark2019-48.jpg

mem4.jpg
That is great! Love 'em. We have these all over Texas. I was just checking out a trip photo album to see if I had been to a community that was in the news. I had not, but the town nearby had this memorial setup just as I remember. Just one of many!

Check out Angleton, Texas

Last edited:
Today, more than any other day, we should give thanks for those that make our freedoms possible. People that gave their life so that you and I can remain free. Look at Russia, China, Iran and North Korea today. Do we really want that? Heck no! I choose democracy and freedom over tyranny and dictators. When I was serving, I remember getting caught out at sunset as taps was being played. You had to stop, turn to the nearest American flag, stand at attention and salute. But it's the guys (and ladies) that gave it their all and didn't make it back that we owe the most to. This is their day. Let's give thanks to all of those buried underground so that we can live free above ground.

ANC.jpg
Thanks boxes, if I was younger and had the money I would like to travel overseas and visit all the war cemeteries like the one at Normandy the one in Belgium where general Patton is buried, or the ones in the pacific

I remember being station in South Korea and to end every exercise they played Lee Greenwood - God Bless The U.S.A. over the base PA system to index the battle week. Always gave me chills!

There is an amazing WW2 memorial in Bedford, VA on my bucket list. That town sacrificed so much.

Thanks boxes, if I was younger and had the money I would like to travel overseas and visit all the war cemeteries like the one at Normandy the one in Belgium where general Patton is buried, or the ones in the pacific
I believe I have family that was lost in Guadalcanal and in Okinawa. Normandy must be something to see in person.

Reactions: IM4NUalways
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT