ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Issue...

30BringsTheHurt

All-American
Nov 27, 2004
Times have changed. If we want to be relevant again we have to get our bag men game up to form. Let's cut the crap...Bama, Clemson, the entire SEC, Oklahoma, etc, etc, etc...are all paying to sign elite talent. When everyone is doing it, there is no moral high ground...only niavity. The Nebraska Way needs to evolve.

If you actually watched the games you'd know that raw talent isn't the issue...

Times have changed. If we want to be relevant again we have to get our bag men game up to form. Let's cut the crap...Bama, Clemson, the entire SEC, Oklahoma, etc, etc, etc...are all paying to sign elite talent. When everyone is doing it, there is no moral high ground...only niavity. The Nebraska Way needs to evolve.

We can start with QBs and WRs.

Not only am I fine with it but anyone that has an issue with some old dude wanting to pay a HS kid money to attend the college that he roots for...is a moron.

If you actually watched the games you'd know that raw talent isn't the issue...
Sorry. Don't know who you have been watching, but you are out of your mind if you think the kids we suit up are comparable or can be competitive against any of the teams that are in the playoff picture. That is flat out fantasy.

It is certainly A issue.
DEPTH certainly caused a few issues this year, but the only game where talent was the reason we lost was ohio state (although Northwestern and Indiana put that into question). Every other loss was due bad coaching and player execution. There were times where it was obvious we were more skilled than the other team but would continually shoot ourselves in the foot or commit mental errors that cost us big (remember yesterday when I pointed out that despite it being obvious a qb draw was coming, we were able to bully Rutgers for solid gains, but the turnovers were killing us. Then we proceeded to run all over their ass🤷‍♂️).

Penn State is a prime example of how we're realistically "talented" enough, we've just gotta put it together between the ears for the talent to even matter

Reactions: oldjar07
Sorry. Don't know who you have been watching, but you are out of your mind if you think the kids we suit up are comparable or can be competitive against any of the teams that are in the playoff picture. That is flat out fantasy.
I've watched some extremely talented players make some boneheaded plays that cost their team games. It takes more than just "talent" to win games. We've lost to plenty of teams way below us in the recruiting rankings over the years.

Reactions: oldjar07
If you are talking just winning games in the B1G West and getting in the top 25, I'd agree to an extent. But if you are talking revisiting the days of the Top 10 with a shot at the playoff and a NC, I stand behind my original proposal.

If you are talking just winning games in the B1G West and getting in the top 25, I'd agree to an extent. But if you are talking revisiting the days of the Top 10 with a shot at the playoff and a NC, I stand behind my original proposal.

Didn't Riley have this program in the top 10?

Didn't Riley have this program in the top 10?

Rileys 3 years

4th in division + Bowl
3rd place + bowl
5th place

Frost

5th place - no bowl
6th place - no bowl
5th place

one can’t help but to conclude that the future is indeed bright

Last edited:

Are some pass rushing olb on the shopping list?

Rileys 3 years

4th in division + Bowl
3rd place + bowl
5th place

Frost

5th place - no bowl
6th place - no bowl
5th place

one can’t help but to conclude that the future is indeed bright

Don’t forget to send your buddy a Christmas card and a Kiss!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT