ADVERTISEMENT

The real devil who killed Nebraska football. Full court press is on for Frost. GBR

He'll either come here or go to Florida. No way he stays in Central Florida. He was upset yesterday that only 15k showed up to support a team that is undefeated and ranked 18th nationally. Things like that remind coaches that they are in a stepping stone type of job. The Nebraska job might not become available for a while (Goodness I hope that's the case) and he knows that. Question from me is, is Frost numero uno on Moos' list?
I hope you mean “that’s NOT the case.”

Either way, great post. I saw highlights from the UCF player/veteran running out on the field with the American Flag to honor vets day, and the stands were uncomfortably empty.

Frost would come here if only to play to a packed house. If he were a touring musician, he likely would never agree to play UCF again. But who knows.

I heard an analogy about all of mess of getting rid of everything related to our history. The negative people want to point out all of bad things in our history and keep bringing it up. Kind of like being married and having your spouse bring up everything you ever did wrong. How long will that relationship last? There is no way to know the Dynamics of everything that went on in the past but to keep on blaming people for everything accomplishes nothing. I don't understand it. Move on.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I heard an analogy about all of mess of getting rid of everything related to our history. The negative people want to point out all of bad things in our history and keep bringing it up. Kind of like being married and having your spouse bring up everything you ever did wrong. How long will that relationship last? There is no way to know the Dynamics of everything that went on in the past but to keep on blaming people for everything accomplishes nothing. I don't understand it. Move on.
I agree - to a point. If you don't remember and learn from undesirable history, you are doomed to repeat it. Hiring Green and Bounds through national searches - check. Hiring Moos after a national search - check. Now, if he can go out and search nationally for the best coach possible (whether or not that guy won 1/2 of a MNC here), hire him and let him do his job, maybe we can finally stop talking about the good ole boy system that began in 1997 that got us where we are today.

Those ADs a direct reflection of that guy...

"O" Street gang has had enough. Frost is at the top of the list, but will he come back? Nobody knows. Scott is playing this one close to the vest, and weighing all of his options
What about, "you can never go home" adage?

HP was not the AD when Tom went over the AD's head and named Frank his successor without the backing of the AD. Tom recommended hiring Steve Pederson. There's plenty of blame to go around but no doubt the conflict between HP and TO played a role. IF SE or TO had made better hires, we wouldn't even be talking about HP.
Also if Tome doesn't go over Byrne's Head, maybe Byrne doesn't go to A&M and we never get Peterson, Cally, Etc.

Ah, Perlman. The favorite whipping boy when something needs to be blamed on someone, but there's no other obvious candidate.

You'd be shocked just how little Perlman thought about the football team. His job was to run a university. He correctly left it to others to run the athletic department and football program. Through three athletic directors and four football coaches, it didn't happen. I don't see how blaming it on the university chancellor has any merit, other than people just don't want to point fingers at Nebraska guys like Solich or Osborne.

Ah, Perlman. The favorite whipping boy when something needs to be blamed on someone, but there's no other obvious candidate.

You'd be shocked just how little Perlman thought about the football team. His job was to run a university. He correctly left it to others to run the athletic department and football program. Through three athletic directors and four football coaches, it didn't happen. I don't see how blaming it on the university chancellor has any merit, other than people just don't want to point fingers at Nebraska guys like Solich or Osborne.

You need to read/listen to Sipple. Perlman was running amok.

You think this Perlman stuff is opinion, it’s not. It’s common knowledge.

Reactions: Minn1954
You need to read/listen to Sipple. Perlman was running amok.

You think this Perlman stuff is opinion, it’s not. It’s common knowledge.
You're first mistake was listening to Sipple.Winking I enjoy reading Husker newspaper stories but man its' tough for them to always come up with something to write. His words aren't gospel.

You're first mistake was listening to Sipple.Winking I enjoy reading Husker newspaper stories but man its' tough for them to always come up with something to write. His words aren't gospel.

I believe other media members said the same thing. If you believe folks here over Sipple, I have some oceanfront property in lincoln for sale.

I agree - to a point. If you don't remember and learn from undesirable history, you are doomed to repeat it. Hiring Green and Bounds through national searches - check. Hiring Moos after a national search - check. Now, if he can go out and search nationally for the best coach possible (whether or not that guy won 1/2 of a MNC here), hire him and let him do his job, maybe we can finally stop talking about the good ole boy system that began in 1997 that got us where we are today.

Well, the past is just that, the past right wrong and there is so much revisionist history on everything. How do we know a national search was not done in the past? I won't even get into the variable opinions of what "the best possible" is verses the best coach available. Could it be that already happened in the past?

Well, the past is just that, the past right wrong and there is so much revisionist history on everything. How do we know a national search was not done in the past? I won't even get into the variable opinions of what "the best possible" is verses the best coach available. Could it be that already happened in the past?
Hard to tell what happened in the past because back in the day we didn't have message boards where many knowledgeable posters had all the facts. I don't believe there was a legitimate search for Byrne, he was Spanier's buddy from Oregon. Obviously not a search for Solich. Not a search for Perlman, he was promoted from within without looking around much. Maybe Perlman had a national search for the best candidate and that was Pederson, but I doubt it. Plenty of people were ready to run Pederson out of Pitt for moving football games to Heinz Field and demolishing the on-campus stadium. Pederson wanted to replace Solich with Wannstedt, his coach at Pitt. When that fell through maybe there was a "national search" resulting in Callahan, but I consider that more like taking left over pot luck. Not a search to replace Pederson with TO. TO may have had a "national search" to replace Callahan, but it was a one-man search and I believe it was a given from thee start it would be Gill or Pelini. Maybe Eichorst was the result of a national search if the definition of that is calling Barry Alvarez for advice. And there was no committee of consultants or consulting firm in the pick of Riley.

Nothing wrong with promoting from within or through networking if there is a slam dunk person available. We just promoted a gal from within to be CEO and she is doing exceptionally well. But you get in trouble over time if you promote from within or through networks if that shuts out much more qualified talent. In our case Byrne did well and Solich did pretty well, but everyone else on the list did marginally/poorly except I admit TO/Perlman did get us into the B1G.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
No way TO made worse hires than Pederson and Eichorst.

Winning pct proves that regardless how Peelini handled himself that none of us appreciated and he left being an ass.

100% correct sir. Bo wasn't PC or a nice guy. And he couldn't get over the hump to reach Devaney or TO land.

But at least he was massively better than the Clownahan & MR losing machines to say the very least.

Reactions: Minn1954
My gut...

I think he stays at UCFast. Easy 9-12 wins a year. He'll get to $4mil a year over time. Likes it. Why leave?
Where did you find out he will be getting 4 mil a year? Do you know he likes it?

Your gut is mighty powerful to know these details.

Where did you find out he will be getting 4 mil a year? Do you know he likes it?

Your gut is mighty powerful to know these details.

UCF will get Frost to $4mil a year over time, if he sticks around.

He likes it. His wife likes it. He's said so

Hard to tell what happened in the past because back in the day we didn't have message boards where many knowledgeable posters had all the facts. I don't believe there was a legitimate search for Byrne, he was Spanier's buddy from Oregon. Obviously not a search for Solich. Not a search for Perlman, he was promoted from within without looking around much. Maybe Perlman had a national search for the best candidate and that was Pederson, but I doubt it. Plenty of people were ready to run Pederson out of Pitt for moving football games to Heinz Field and demolishing the on-campus stadium. Pederson wanted to replace Solich with Wannstedt, his coach at Pitt. When that fell through maybe there was a "national search" resulting in Callahan, but I consider that more like taking left over pot luck. Not a search to replace Pederson with TO. TO may have had a "national search" to replace Callahan, but it was a one-man search and I believe it was a given from thee start it would be Gill or Pelini. Maybe Eichorst was the result of a national search if the definition of that is calling Barry Alvarez for advice. And there was no committee of consultants or consulting firm in the pick of Riley.

Nothing wrong with promoting from within or through networking if there is a slam dunk person available. We just promoted a gal from within to be CEO and she is doing exceptionally well. But you get in trouble over time if you promote from within or through networks if that shuts out much more qualified talent. In our case Byrne did well and Solich did pretty well, but everyone else on the list did marginally/poorly except I admit TO/Perlman did get us into the B1G.

Wannstedt = Diaco.

What a shitshow

Great post

P.S. Disagree on Solich, but he didn't get a great shot with new recruiting personnel. IMO, he couldn't close, didn't have the national appeal, of TO, and that was a huge drawback. He looks like a Toad

Reactions: dinglefritz
100% correct sir. Bo wasn't PC or a nice guy. And he couldn't get over the hump to reach Devaney or TO land.

But at least he was massively better than the Clownahan & MR losing machines to say the very least.

Both Bo and Solich needed to "outsource" recruiting. Big time.

It's a novel concept, but one that would be interesting, if you have a pretty good coach who can't recruit for shite...get him some help

Then your opinion is in the minority. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying you’re the only person I’ve seen defending Perlman (who is a giant idiot IMO with things like approving idiotic contracts).

Maybe he's a lawyer too.

Not saying lawyers are bad. Just saying, a bar exam doesn't = knowledge of college football. By a longshot

He'll either come here or go to Florida. No way he stays in Central Florida. He was upset yesterday that only 15k showed up to support a team that is undefeated and ranked 18th nationally. Things like that remind coaches that they are in a stepping stone type of job. The Nebraska job might not become available for a while (Goodness I hope that's the case) and he knows that. Question from me is, is Frost numero uno on Moos' list?
I'm betting on Chip Kelly to Florida. Have no idea about Scott. Probably comes down to Tenn or Neb.

harvey-perlman-cutout-min.png

Had to make sure everyone new he was in Power. reminds me of the kid who no one would play with so he promised himself he would show people when he got power. He reminds me of the weasel from Bugs Bunny cartoons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT