ADVERTISEMENT

The Rams are not going to be a pushover

BigNUFan51

Walk On
Nov 29, 2015
I used to live in the Bronx. There are going to be some tough SOBs with a Jesuit education coming to Lincoln Nebraska. I can tell you that the Rams are circling this game on their calendar.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
OGC.7f78f359b136a4aa47fc0413a8e7e29b

Fun Fact.

The first college football game on TV involved the Rams and the Yellow Jackets from Waynesburg.

I used to live in the Bronx. There are going to be some tough SOBs with a Jesuit education coming to Lincoln Nebraska. I can tell you that the Rams are circling this game on their calendar.

If this team underestimates anyone they are insane. They havent been close to good enough to over look anyone. Im sure the coaches are telling them that.
Frost could field a team of walkons and still win by at least 2 TDs.

I'm not going to disagree with you. IF I'm their coach you have two options. Team, we're going there for the money and let the chips fall where they may. AND/OR we've got an opportunity to go into lincoln, take on a blue blood while they're down and IF everything goes our way we get the W.

Reactions: Wasker77
Monsters of the Midway they are. Sure to be some NFL picks in that bunch based on those bios.

I got my Ph.D. at Fordham in the early 90's. Beautiful campus in the middle of the Bronx and very near little Italy on Arthur Avenue. The fact that we are playing them is shocking to me. If you go to their campus the football stadium looks like it might hold 10,000 people, tops. I get why we are playing them and I do not oppose the idea. Still... we could beat this team playing nothing but our walk ons. Seriously. This game will be a glorified scrimmage for us and really is on the schedule now purely for the revenue, businesses in Lincoln, recruiting during warm weather, and one more practice scrimmage before the season really heats up.

Fordham has sent more starting QBs to the NFL than Nebraska recently. Ever hear of John Skelton?

Also totally disagree that a team exclusively comprised of Nebraska walkons would beat Fordham. Fordham has kids on scholarship.

Reactions: v1nufan
Keep laughing. Look at the Ram roster. Some big boys.

We should never look past anyone, especially in the position we find the Huskers in.... so in that manor your post is warranted... that said, not knowing this team I look to the trenches to see how this game is going to go. Yes there are a couple of big boys but the Huskers vastly outsize the Rams on both sides of the line. Throw in conditioning and I have to believe we just simply over power these guys... this should allow our skill guys to open up and have a great game that they can use for confidence building...

That all said, I was in the stadium when Ameer had to save us in a "pushover" game when we were still a respected team and that wasn't a pleasant feeling... GBR!

Fordham has sent more starting QBs to the NFL than Nebraska recently. Ever hear of John Skelton?
Ever hear of Tanner Lee? And interestingly, they have remarkably similar stats. 15 TDs to 25 INTs for Skelton. Lee, while not active, was on a roster for a hot second.

At least he went to Jesuit high school, which evidently excites you.

Ever hear of Tanner Lee? And interestingly, they have remarkably similar stats. 15 TDs to 25 INTs for Skelton. Lee, while not active, was on a roster for a hot second.

At least he went to Jesuit high school, which evidently excites you.
Skelton was a starter. Lee never started.

I got my Ph.D. at Fordham in the early 90's. Beautiful campus in the middle of the Bronx and very near little Italy on Arthur Avenue. The fact that we are playing them is shocking to me. If you go to their campus the football stadium looks like it might hold 10,000 people, tops. I get why we are playing them and I do not oppose the idea. Still... we could beat this team playing nothing but our walk ons. Seriously. This game will be a glorified scrimmage for us and really is on the schedule now purely for the revenue, businesses in Lincoln, recruiting during warm weather, and one more practice scrimmage before the season really heats up.

I will now refer to you as Dr.

Is it bad that I just watched two FCS teams and my main thought was whether one or both of the QBs would be able to make it to #2 on our QB depth chart?

Well the TD pass thrown at the 30 second mark would've been picked and housed vs. a Big Ten team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT