ADVERTISEMENT

The positive stories are all great and well-written

huskerpete8

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
But I decided I'm not going to read them anymore leading up to the opener. I've just seen it far too often anytime there's a coaching change. When Callahan replaced Solich, the players raved about the "pace" of practices, the professional approach these new coaches were taking (including Elmassian, ouch) and just the improved feel day-to-day. When Bo took over for BC, the stories were about how intense practices were compared to the almost sterile feel of the BC era, how passionate Bo was and how that passion is soooo infectious day to day. And now we have a story about how "simplified" our defense is, a story that literally implies technique doesn't matter as much as it used to (not sure how I feel about that).

Anyway, I don't mean to be critical. All the state's writers have to write about something ,and obviously there's going to be a positive air around the program. But there always is this time of year. The proof will be in the proverbial pudding when we kick off. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited (and nervous) about a season opener. We will see so much.

(P.S. -- I must admit I am drinking the Kool-Aid in regards to the new S&C coach and his philosophy. This "could" make a huge, huge difference for us. The way we were physically manhandled by Wisconsin was unacceptable).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News