ADVERTISEMENT

THE PLAYOFFS ... are we eligible

CFP committee person said earlier today they're not automatically out, but will need to see the 'look' of a team the B1G hopes to have rep the conference in the playoffs.

to me, that means if ohiost goes unbeaten and just kills everyone, they're in. any 1-loss team probably won't be.

A good link but problematic. They assume the other conferences won't object to the fact the B10 played a schedule subjecting them to fewer injuries and opportunities for loss. Basically an abbreviated schedule makes it easier to go undefeated. Other teams are going to lobby the NCAA to put an asterisk next to any school from the B10. Which could lead to a firestorm of legitimacy. It's all speculation at this point. I have to wonder how the B10s schedule will affect their rankings in the top 25, and how that will affect who gets into the playoffs.

Reactions: piercebs
A good link but problematic. They assume the other conferences won't object to the fact the B10 played a schedule subjecting them to fewer injuries and opportunities for loss. Basically an abbreviated schedule makes it easier to go undefeated. Other teams are going to lobby the NCAA to put an asterisk next to any school from the B10. Which could lead to a firestorm of legitimacy. It's all speculation at this point. I have to wonder how the B10s schedule will affect their rankings in the top 25, and how that will affect who gets into the playoffs.

"Basically an abbreviated schedule makes it easier to go undefeated."

Agree, it will be interesting to see how the strength of schedule effects the playoff committees decision as to who are the top 4 teams.
That said, there will be other teams that go undefeated on theirschedules that will have played 11/12 games. It will be tough to get a team in regarless, nevermind having a single loss .Someone in the Big 10 (presumably Ohio State or obviously The Big Red) would have to run the table in order to make it in.

Further, this season will have an asteriks either way given the difficulty we've already had in getting this season underway. Ill remind you - none of the Pac 12 is playing games this year as of now. USC now lobbying for the governor to ease restriction and allow play.

Reactions: starbrown
I doubt it. When the season is over, there will be a lot Big Ten teams trying to make the playoffs with a 2-0 record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT