ADVERTISEMENT

The Person to Blame for this Season ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
is Trev. He needs to own responsibility for not firing Frost last year and getting us started with a new coach this season. I don't accept excuses that he might have been obeying boosters, Osborne or anyone else. When you're the AD getting paid big bucks you need to have the balls to do the job for the fans and nobody else. He needs to get this new hire right or ....

is Trev. He needs to own responsibility for not firing Frost last year and getting us started with a new coach this season. I don't accept excuses that he might have been obeying boosters, Osborne or anyone else. When you're the AD getting paid big bucks you need to have the balls to do the job for the fans and nobody else. He needs to get this new hire right or ....
Cmon man. Not this crap again. First of all there would have been another mutiny if he had fired Frost last fall. Secondly Trev was working the back channels and not getting the answers he needed. You do NOT fire your head coach unless you’re pretty certain you have his replacement lined up. Even then it can backfire like it did to Pederson.

Last edited:
lol

every week

like clockwork

just remember trev has none of the experience everyone seems to be requiring out of our next Head Coach

Reactions: Vitalis Jackson
gaston-fires-up-a-fearful-mob.jpg

Every week.

Cmon man. Not this crap again. First of all there would have been another mutiny if he had fired Frost last fall. Secondly Frost was working the back channels and not getting the answers he needed. You do NOT fire your head coach unless you’re pretty certain you have his replacement lined up. Even then it can backfire like it did to Pederson.
Did you mean Alberts?

Cmon man. Not this crap again. First of all there would have been another mutiny if he had fired Frost last fall. Secondly Frost was working the back channels and not getting the answers he needed. You do NOT fire your head coach unless you’re pretty certain you have his replacement lined up. Even then it can backfire like it did to Pederson.
Maybe that's a good indication we shouldn't have hired an amateur hour AD in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
The boosters pay the bills. Part of the athletic director's job is to keep the boosters happy, since they are the one's paying the bills. The AD position is very much a political position like it or not.

What? Can't handle the truth?
It's not the truth. Trev was hired late. He had to deal with boosters. Set up for this year. Fired Frost when he couldn't take it any longer. People obviously like Mickey and are giving him a chance to see what he can do. That is more than wins and losses when he has the same players and staff (sans Chins) that Frost did. Am I missing something?

Maybe that's a good indication we shouldn't have hired an amateur hour AD in the first place.
I’m sure with your experience as a class C position coach you could handle the job. Unlike your buddy Eichorst I trust Trev to do the right thing.

An AD has to have his ducks in a row before he fires a coach. Trev had only been the AD for a few months then and didn’t have the blessing if people who matter last fall. I hate to break it to you but you and I don’t really matter.

Last edited:
It's not the truth. Trev was hired late. He had to deal with boosters. Set up for this year. Fired Frost when he couldn't take it any longer. People obviously like Mickey and are giving him a chance to see what he can do. That is more than wins and losses when he has the same players and staff (sans Chins) that Frost did. Am I missing something?
You're missing a couple things: first, they were never going to fire Trev after they just hired him and second, the team deteriorated quite a bit from last year. Hard to believe, but we were close in the games last year, this year now we're getting blown out in some of them. This after we made what seemed like a decent NIL/transfer portal haul in the off season, we still got worse this year.

You're missing a couple things: first, they were never going to fire Trev after they just hired him and second, the team deteriorated quite a bit from last year. Hard to believe, but we were close in the games last year, this year now we're getting blown out in some of them. This after we made what seemed like a decent NIL/transfer portal haul in the off season, we still got worse this year.
Well they were never going to fire Pederson either right? He was a Nebraska guy endorsed by TO. You still HAVE to have the backing of the people who matter and the people on this board aren’t the people who matter.

Not to mention a far easier schedule than last season.

He was hired the summer before last year's season. That's way more time to evaluate and make contact with outside coaches than a lot of ADs get. Many get hired and immediately have to start a coaching search for a quality coach or their ass will be on the line next. That's just the nature of the business. The excuse making for Husker alums is just pathetic at this point, and outsiders wouldn't get near the same treatment for failure after failure. You're obviously missing a lot, as nothing you say aligns with reality.

I’m sure with your experience as a class C position coach you could handle the job. Unlike your buddy Eichorst I trust Trev to do the right thing.

An AD has to have his ducks in a row before he fired a coach. Trev had only been the AD for a few months then and didn’t have the blessing if people who matter last fall. I hate to break it to you but you and I don’t really matter.
I could handle the job just fine. My sights are set a lot higher than being an AD for this now joke of a program.

• Wow
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Legit question, who was available last year that we missed out on? Damn near everyone on our most wanted list wouldn’t have come here last year. I’m not crowning Trev as this phenom AD yet but seriously remind me of the big name home run guy we missed on by keeping frost another year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
And the story I got from a booster of substance was that a megadonor walked in to Trev’s box during the Georgia Southern game and said it’s time. I believe this was somebody who up until the NW game had been supporting Frost.
that is awesome

Legit question, who was available last year that we missed out on? Damn near everyone on our most wanted list wouldn’t have come here last year. I’m not crowning Trev as this phenom AD yet but seriously remind me of the big name home run guy we missed on by keeping frost another year.
It's no different any year. Nobody is ever available until you make them an offer.

If you think Trev could have just fired Frost without the okay of his bosses you are just plain ignorant or stupid. I will not tell you which I think you are . Trev has to answer to people just like most working folks. Trev fires Frost without the okay of his bosses he is also firing himself. Especially in this case where TO was also still in Frost's corner!

Trev has people above him too believe it or not. Welcome to the real world.
IF they're dictating the shots then why do we need Trev? We could hire a lackey for far less salary. Poor excuse IMO.

Problem with hiring a national championship winning QBfrom Nebraska. People love him and believe in him long after it is obvious he is not going to get it done. Another reason I am against hiring an alum, people get too emotional about it. The fact Mickey is even thought of as a candidate by anyone is a bad joke. It is one thing for people on this board to want a make a wish level hire, but we saw with frost the boosters will accept losing football far longer with an alum

It just doesn’t matter at this point. We’re bad, we’ve been bad, and will continue to be a bad until we clean house and start fresh with a new head coach with a proven track record of rebuilding a program. This season is a total loss and I’ve officially checked out. Once again, we’re a joke of a program. That is all.

If you think Trev could have just fired Frost without the okay of his bosses you are just plain ignorant or stupid. I will not tell you which I think you are . Trev has to answer to people just like most working folks. Trev fires Frost without the okay of his bosses he is also firing himself. Especially in this case where TO was also still in Frost's corner!
That's just making excuses for Trev. Nobody actually knows what dictates (if any) were given to Trev. People are just trying to rationalize his behavior and make excuses for keeping Frost. Well those excuses got us where we are this season. That's all I'm saying. If people are satisfied with this season, so be it but I'm not satisfied with the season.

Problem with hiring a national championship winning QBfrom Nebraska. People love him and believe in him long after it is obvious he is not going to get it done. Another reason I am against hiring an alum, people get too emotional about it. The fact Mickey is even thought of as a candidate by anyone is a bad joke. It is one thing for people on this board to want a make a wish level hire, but we saw with frost the boosters will accept losing football far longer with an alum
Just stop

Reactions: Hford
And the story I got from a booster of substance was that a megadonor walked in to Trev’s box during the Georgia Southern game and said it’s time. I believe this was somebody who up until the NW game had been supporting Frost.
Peed? Yeah that guy can go **** himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT