ADVERTISEMENT

The number One reason NU needs an NFL

4-3 D

Athletic Director
Jan 15, 2007
HC is recruiting. Callahan use his NFL coaching constantly to sell his ability to help the recruit get to the next level. Pelini was DB coach for Frisco, LB for New England & Green Bay, again he used his NFL coaching in recruiting. It's a huge plus for NU who desperately needs a few more difference makers if they are going to improve very much.

We also need an INOVATOR: If we're super lucky and get MR, he doesn't have a set of schemes he's married to, he studies the conference & then makes hires that fit what he believes is the best fit for who he can recruit. He's big at being very sound fundamentally & that doesn't happen with an overly complex system. The players will probably love the schemes. It may take 2 or 3 years to build, but should be a great hire.

Last edited:
HC is recruiting. Callahan use his NFL coaching constantly to sell his ability to help the recruit get to the next level. Pelini was DB coach for Frisco, LB for New England & Green Bay, again he used his NFL coaching in recruiting. It's a huge plus for NU who desperately needs a few more difference makers if they are going to improve very much.

We also need an INOVATOR: If we're super lucky and get MR, he doesn't have a set of schemes he's married to, he studies the conference & then makes hires that fit what he believes is the best fit for who he can recruit. He's big at being very sound fundamentally & that doesn't happen with an overly complex system. The players will probably love the schemes. It may take 2 or 3 years to build, but should be a great hire.
Agreed. If not Urban or Kiffin, Rhule's the next tier guy ahead of Leipold, Klieman, etc.

Ultimately that would help make us into a top team in the conference, but whoever we get is going to have to start with rebuilding from the lines.
I think one of the problems with Frost was that he liked more of a finesse type system and unless maybe you are Ohio State where you start with a talent edge that isn't going to work in the Big 10.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker

Michigan probably thought the same thing and got Harbaugh. The first couple of years was a nightmare for them until they brought in the assistant coach who helped Jim make the transition. Harbaugh also struggled at SF until they brought in someone to help with the transition to the NFL. NFL and college coaches rarely make the switch because of what each program needs. Colleges need coaches who babysit and develop and can be the mini-dictator players need. NFL needs coaches who are organizers and believe in letting the players run the locker room. Very rarely does any coach make the transition from one to another. I think position coaches can make the transition and be of benefit to recruit.

Winning in football is a simple process. Run the ball, stop the run, and play keep away. If you are able to consistently get 3-5 yds running and mix in some simple passes you will win about 90% of your games. You don't need new-fangled ideas or fancy schemes. If you win the LOS, you win. There are teams that periodically win with 90% passing and hurry-up offenses, but eventually, they get exposed and fade away. They may win a lot of games, but their trophy case is empty (unless you are in the Big 12 and every team runs a gimic offense).

Michigan probably thought the same thing and got Harbaugh. The first couple of years was a nightmare for them until they brought in the assistant coach who helped Jim make the transition. Harbaugh also struggled at SF until they brought in someone to help with the transition to the NFL. NFL and college coaches rarely make the switch because of what each program needs. Colleges need coaches who babysit and develop and can be the mini-dictator players need. NFL needs coaches who are organizers and believe in letting the players run the locker room. Very rarely does any coach make the transition from one to another. I think position coaches can make the transition and be of benefit to recruit.

Winning in football is a simple process. Run the ball, stop the run, and play keep away. If you are able to consistently get 3-5 yds running and mix in some simple passes you will win about 90% of your games. You don't need new-fangled ideas or fancy schemes. If you win the LOS, you win. There are teams that periodically win with 90% passing and hurry-up offenses, but eventually, they get exposed and fade away. They may win a lot of games, but their trophy case is empty (unless you are in the Big 12 and every team runs a gimic offense).
Michigan was 10-3 each of Harbaugh's first 2 years playing in the Citrus and Orange bowls and finished being ranked 11th and 10th in the nation - hardly a nightmare

he was also pretty damn successful at San Diego and Stanford in the college game

guy is weird AF but I think he knows what he is doing

I suggested gruden and was shunned.
apperently suprbowl rings are like pink parcipitation ribbons, now

You are absolutely correct and I feel Nebraska has lost it's identity as a school that produced fast and tough linemen on both sides of the ball. You build a team starting with the lines and go from there, you can have all the skilled players in the world but if you don't have those studs up front you won't go very far.

Reactions: WHCSC
Michigan was 10-3 each of Harbaugh's first 2 years playing in the Citrus and Orange bowls and finished being ranked 11th and 10th in the nation - hardly a nightmare

he was also pretty damn successful at San Diego and Stanford in the college game

I'm just glad the Vikings dodged a bullet on that weirdo.

Guess I didn't follow him as much I thought. My bad. I only remember all the fans being pissed off most of the time. I stand corrected.

Guess I didn't follow him as much I thought. My bad. I only remember all the fans being pissed off most of the time. I stand corrected.
Going blown out repeatedly by Ohio State will do that. Also the COVID year was a trainwreck so many people were ready to move on from him. Since that time he is 22-2 lol, good thing they didn't

I suggested gruden and was shunned.
apperently suprbowl rings are like pink parcipitation ribbons, now
Most people just realize that isn't going to happen although it would be funny to have employed both coaches from that super bowl

Going blown out repeatedly by Ohio State will do that. Also the COVID year was a trainwreck so many people were ready to move on from him. Since that time he is 22-2 lol, good thing they didn't
michigan is 22-2 since covid

what's their second best win in that span?

You are absolutely correct and I feel Nebraska has lost it's identity as a school that produced fast and tough linemen on both sides of the ball. You build a team starting with the lines and go from there, you can have all the skilled players in the world but if you don't have those studs up front you won't go very far.
Started with Solich. Our Olinemen started having necks, instead of being a head attached to a huge body. It’s been a LONG LONG time since we’ve had big, TOUGH Olinemen.

says the definition of delusion
Yeah, because saying one of Rhule-BoB-Patterson will get the job, and that Freeze is who TA should obviously be going after is real delusional lol. You ruhtards running around thinking Meyer or any sitting P5 coach you want is coming to this dumpster fire is the definition of delusional.

Yeah, because saying one of Rhule-BoB-Patterson will get the job, and that Freeze is who TA should obviously be going after is real delusional lol. You ruhtards running around thinking Meyer or any sitting P5 coach you want is coming to this dumpster fire is the definition of delusional.
Mr. Parrot talking dumb again. 30 IQ loser with the same old nonsense.

be still jr.

Ultimately that would help make us into a top team in the conference, but whoever we get is going to have to start with rebuilding from the lines.
I think one of the problems with Frost was that he liked more of a finesse type system and unless maybe you are Ohio State where you start with a talent edge that isn't going to work in the Big 10.
Imo, we haven't emphasized linemen or power football since 2003

ADVERTISEMENT