ADVERTISEMENT

The next coach...

i still think the defense was worse on saturday. impressive, given how shitty the offense is/was.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Scott Frost has destroyed Nebraska football. He's done nothing to rebuild it or fix it.. it just keeps sinking..

Wait till you see the list of transfers this year, since this season doesn't count for eligibility.

It's going to be an epic vote from the players and staff, just how much faith they have in this arrogant fool that so many of you want to keep.

He needs to eventually figure out his loyalty to his school he is coaching for or close friends he has hired to assist him in coaching...

This will be the true factor of his success here..

We've had problems with loyalty issues, with our coaches. Next coach needs to be a proven coach. Don't care if he's not power 5 or a lower division. He needs to have been a Head coach for 5 or more years. He needs to focus on the run and stopping the run. He needs to be detail oriented and field disciplined teams.

It's on the WHOLE team. IMO, the offense was the weakest weak link Saturday. Illinois did punt a 3 times. Our offense on the other hand had 3 interceptions and 4 fumbles with 2 lost. I will grant that the one lost fumble was not a fumble and at least one of the interceptions didn't really matter. Our defense was not good at all. Our offense was worse. That special teams blunder that doesn't show up on the box score was horrible. That ONE play largely is responsible for their small lead in yards per play. We had over 40 yards in negative offensive plays. Bad snaps don't show up either in the box score.
Who cares which is worse? They both suck, and there's little point debating who sucks slightly less.

Frost's system and play calling seemed to work pretty well at UCF. Maybe, just maybe, it's something else?
Well, Charlie Strong looked pretty impressive at Louisville when he had Teddy Bridgewater and he wound up getting fired after three years at both of his next stops - both the massive promotion (Texas) and the massive demotion (South Florida).

Frost deserves to be in misery trying to coach this team for years and years----he has failed so badly that he deserves to wallow in this mess for many many years.

So Stoops is the man to take over?

Grabbing Stoops after he stepped down at Oklahoma probably would've been a good Idea.

Stoops announced his retirement June 7, 2017

On December 2, 2017, Frost accepted the head football coach position at his alma mater

Jeff Hafley, head coach at Boston College, is one to watch. Pro background, excellent DB coach/defensive coordinator; a coach that relates to/develop players, good recruiter. I hated to see him go after only 1 year at OSU. If Day decides to go the pro route someday, I would have no problem including him in the OSU coaching search. Don't know if Nebraska would look at someone with only 1 year head coaching experience.

Grabbing Stoops after he stepped down at Oklahoma probably would've been a good Idea.

Stoops announced his retirement June 7, 2017

On December 2, 2017, Frost accepted the head football coach position at his alma mater

No way he would have came here. No way.
The only time I’d say we could have gotten who we wanted was back in ‘97 and we didn’t even open it up.

If Frost doesn’t work out, I’d really like to see the Huskers move back to the triple option.

Neb didn’t run the triple option - the fullback give/pull was not part of their option game

Last edited:
No way he would have came here. No way.
The only time I’d say we could have gotten who we wanted was back in ‘97 and we didn’t even open it up.

I think I understand your reasoning. In light of current circumstances, it's comforting to think SF is ...

large_iQ8xiJmLsS0EoH3DhX0YdrbmRu3.jpg

As long as we're fantasizing - Jim Leonhard will be a D1 coach. He may eventually be an NFL coach.

ADVERTISEMENT