ADVERTISEMENT

The new monitoring system....why?

Nov 3, 2012
People say things, and sometimes they say things we don't all agree with. The monitoring system is a source of ridicule that come this way from other boards.

It's more childish than people acting childish. It's a joke, and others outside this board know it's a joke. So do you, despite the fact that many of you won't say a thing against it.

Traffic is down big time, and the monitoring BS is a big reason why.

Hey if you can't win the game than change the rules Cool

No clue if it's better or worse since the change other than I'll say the same people who constantly attack all posts are easier to mandate out.

GBR

I am certain the monitoring system was created to assist mods with the nearly thankless job of keeping the community here inviting for all. Frankly, over the last few years I can't imagine it's been rewarding at all to be a mod for our community. If others outside the community find it to be a "joke", I would question what their motivations for feeling that way are. I suspect more than a few that deride it have a personal reason for doing so. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and thank you, mods.

I would suggest making it visible. If someone is going to get suspended, it should not come out of totally nowhere.

People say things, and sometimes they say things we don't all agree with. The monitoring system is a source of ridicule that come this way from other boards.

It's more childish than people acting childish. It's a joke, and others outside this board know it's a joke. So do you, despite the fact that many of you won't say a thing against it.

FYI traffic is not down big time as you state. With the new system we have more traffic than ever before. If you have monitoring concerns please send them to Sean or Mike.

I would suggest making it visible. If someone is going to get suspended, it should not come out of totally nowhere.

With the new system they are sent an IM with a warning so it rarely comes out of nowhere.

Just checking to see if I'm still banned.

Reactions: sparky62
Since "the change", these things have been buzzing over my hacienda, 24/7.

I know "they"are just waiting for me to make a mistake. Don't tell me I'm paranoid...I 've seen those "eyes" next to certain posts.

Get off my back, you rat bastards!!

020514hel.jpg

Since "the change", these things have been buzzing over my hacienda, 24/7.

I know "they"are just waiting for me to make a mistake. Don't tell me I'm paranoid...I 've seen those "eyes" next to certain posts.

Get off my back, you rat bastards!!

020514hel.jpg

This is all sparky`s doing.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil

Love it. Calling out the mods with your 2nd post. You're making it too easy. I don't even need to send you a warning. You just crapped in your own mess kit for everyone to see. Laughing

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Love it. Calling out the mods with your 2nd post. You're making it too easy. I don't even need to send you a warning. You just crapped in your own mess kit for everyone to see. Laughing

I have taught you well. Doesn`t mean I`m old though.

Is that a good thing? What does this kind of behavior and obvious insider talk, pointed out by another I this very thread have to do with anything. An opinion was given and that's that.

Is that a good thing? What does this kind of behavior and obvious insider talk, pointed out by another I this very thread have to do with anything. An opinion was given and that's that.
and the monitoring BS is a big reason why.
That's not just an opinion.

Hey I am not trying to sound dumb, it just comes across that way naturally....but what is the new monitoring thang everyone is talking about here...In two sentences or less. I have ADD.

From the Sticky Thread, up top of the forum page...May 10th, cut & pasted fer ya.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"We have decided to institute the new point system for monitoring and suspensions under our new format. Here's how it will be run:

The board montitors have several "warning" options to choose from depending on the infraction. The warnings have been standardized and set to default, so it will automatically add one warning point to your username every single time any type of warning is sent to you. It will also add one point every time someone has their avatar or signature blocked.

The only exception will be the "General Warning" which will have no ban/blacklist/warning points attached to it.

The mods will have the discretion to issue up to three warning points per warning if they believe it's warranted by the seriousness of the infraction.

We have set it up to where if you reach these levels of points within a year's time an automatic suspension will kick in:

10 points -- one week suspension
20 points -- one month suspension
30 points -- three month suspension
40 points -- six month suspension
50 points -- one year suspension

There is another another option for the mods in which they will be able to issue ten points immediately. Those are for the infractions that are well out of line and deserve at least an immediate week's suspension.

Lastly, for the most extreme cases, the mods have at their disposal an option of "PERMANENT BLACKLIST" which removes the user's ability to post or reply for an indefinite time until manually reinstated by staff.

All warning points issued will remain on your account until one year from the date they were given, upon which they will expire.

Only monitors and staff will be able to see how many warning points members have. You are not to discuss your warning points on the boards, but you should contact a monitor or me [mike@huskeronline.com] if you have any questions."

It's not on the Iowa or Iowa State Rivals sites.
We have elected to use the point system. That was an option. But the boards look the same from a mods point of view. The thread tools, edit, delete, report, warning, PM's etc. Sorry for the confusion.

I think traffic is down because the new boards suck. Well, that and it's summer, but I would bet the new board design has chased a number of people off. They make you feel like you have tunnel vision.

I think traffic is down because the new boards suck. Well, that and it's summer, but I would bet the new board design has chased a number of people off. They make you feel like you have tunnel vision.
Funny thing Du, traffic isn't down.

I'm not a traditionalist in all things... Sometimes newer is better. I like the new format. I don't know if it's easier, because I use it very basically (just to post messages and read messages... I don't insert any gifs or links), but in this case, I like it.

Now new uniforms, generally speaking, turn me off. I tend to be pretty traditional in that way...

Du traffic is not down, in fact it is way up. Just remember just because some poster says it does not make it true. In fact, he said quite a bit that is not true.

Allllrighty then. I will admit I am still not 100% clear, because it looks like I have 48 points...which can't be right because I'm freaking awesome.

I'm with litespeed, I don't really get how it works but I also don't really care because I highly doubt I'll ever say anything punishment-worthy. Not sure why anyone would get worked up about this.

Du traffic is not down, in fact it is way up. Just remember just because some poster says it does not make it true. In fact, he said quite a bit that is not true.
It just seems like it is. When you look at the post logs, I've seen as long as 2-3 hrs between the next time someone posted at all on the Football board. This was during the day of course, but I've never seen that before.

I don't think the new rules help to be honest. It definitely seems like a drop in activity. The new format is better too. Much better, much more interactive.

Either way, there has been a change and it's noticeable. Another poster around here noticed the same thing and started a thread as well about it, thinking it was due to the inability to 'complain' or whatever.

Always slow during summer... This summer is different because we want to see success in recruiting starting now. If the mods say traffic is up, it must be up. i don't think it's too different than past summers, but I've never been on this much in the past either.

BIG fan of the system. I dare say the behavior is much improved since it came about. I've had to keep my trash talking to Call of Duty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT