ADVERTISEMENT

The Nebraska game is literally Iowa's entire season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll believe the truth when I hear it come from the mouths of the actual coaching staff at Iowa before I believe it from someone who masquerades as a Husker fan and name drops on a free board.

Already Iowa fans are coming on here saying we’re behind Minnesota and now Iowa State. Probably behind Wisconsin even. You say the Iowa staff thinks we’re the biggest game on the slate? Well if that is true then apparently the Iowa staff isn’t very in tune with the Hawkeye fan base.

Reactions: scarletred
Especially texass ..
We’ve been in the BIG-10 for ten years but I’m still indifferent to many teams here. I really only hate Wisconsin and the BIG-10 Commission so far.

Even though we are not in the old Big 8 and Big 12 anymore I still hate Oklahoma, Colorado, and especially Texass more than any BIG-10 team (so far)

Reactions: SkerInCo
I’ll believe the truth when I hear it come from the mouths of the actual coaching staff at Iowa before I believe it from someone who masquerades as a Husker fan and name drops on a free board.

Already Iowa fans are coming on here saying we’re behind Minnesota and now Iowa State. Probably behind Wisconsin even. You say the Iowa staff thinks we’re the biggest game on the slate? Well if that is true then apparently the Iowa staff isn’t very in tune with the Hawkeye fan base.
Born and raised a Cornhusker fan, 34 years. Get a grip on reality, beating Nebraska has a bigger national impact than isu and Minnesota combined. Iowa's owned us recently, nobody is denying it...

Reactions: headcard

1) Rival - Iowa State due almost entirely to in state recruiting. Rivalry.

1a) Rival - Minnesota. Rivalry. I personally hate them due to their politics.

1b) Rival - Nebraska. Rivalry. A young rivalry. Largely due to message board fans of both teams. It is also a rivalry to those that live in Western Iowa. The fans that actually attend the game at both venues are some of the friendliest in the B1G. And I've been to every B1G venue.

1) Importance - Wisconsin. There is mutual respect, but Wisconsin is clearly a better program presently.

We are a rival to Northwestern due to breaking Fitz' leg. There is a lot of respect between their coaching staff and Iowa's coaching staff.

Born and raised a Cornhusker fan, 34 years. Get a grip on reality, beating Nebraska has a bigger national impact than isu and Minnesota combined. Iowa's owned us recently, nobody is denying it...
Let’s not confuse beating Nebraska of today vs Nebraska of yesterday junior.

You clowns say we’re irrelevant but when you beat us then we’re relevant? gtfo with that stuff

1) Rival - Iowa State due almost entirely to in state recruiting. Rivalry.

1a) Rival - Minnesota. Rivalry. I personally hate them due to their politics.

1b) Rival - Nebraska. Rivalry. A young rivalry. Largely due to message board fans of both teams. It is also a rivalry to those that live in Western Iowa. The fans that actually attend the game at both venues are some of the friendliest in the B1G. And I've been to every B1G venue.

1) Importance - Wisconsin. There is mutual respect, but Wisconsin is clearly a better program presently.

We are a rival to Northwestern due to breaking Fitz' leg. There is a lot of respect between their coaching staff and Iowa's coaching staff.
Probably the best breakdown here for those that aren’t ‘connected’ to members of Iowa’s staff.

Reactions: CriticalObserver
We’ve been in the BIG-10 for ten years but I’m still indifferent to many teams here. I really only hate Wisconsin and the BIG-10 Commission so far.

Even though we are not in the old Big 8 and Big 12 anymore I still hate Oklahoma, Colorado, and especially Texass more than any BIG-10 team (so far)

Even though I have numerous Herky fans I have gained a dislike for Ioway from the ones that appear on the message board, so I do enjoy when they lose just as much as they enjoy when we lose...

No question they have had the upper hand since joining the conference lately, but they have won during our worst period since the Jennings era and at one time Ioway was a bad and even worse, at one time they didn’t have a winning season for 19 years..

Relax s
You are wrong though
You’re the one that is butthurt for being wrong and called out for it.

Your very first comment from the get go was wrong...
“It's the only time every year that anyone cares about their program.”

Don’t hate me for pointing out facts and then calling BS on your posts. Back in your cage now.

You’re the one that is butthurt for being wrong and called out for it.

Your very first comment from the get go was wrong...
“It's the only time every year that anyone cares about their program.”

Don’t hate me for pointing out facts and then calling BS on your posts. Back in your cage now.
How am I wrong?

How am I wrong?
Dude...are you able to read? Did you spin so much BS that you don’t even remember what you posted?

Your very first post in the thread stated that the Nebraska game is the only time anyone in Iowa cares about their program. You’re wrong...confirmed by Iowa beat writer on 1620, observers on this board, Iowa fans. I called BS on this one. Not personal just business. You’re making it personal.

Dude...are you able to read? Did you spin so much BS that you don’t even remember what you posted?

Your very first post in the thread stated that the Nebraska game is the only time anyone in Iowa cares about their program. You’re wrong...confirmed by Iowa beat writer on 1620, observers on this board, Iowa fans. I called BS on this one. Not personal just business. You’re making it personal.
No bs, why do you care so much about Iowa? I have a personal connection to the program and only care about it once a year. Why does the truth about them trigger you?

lol you may want to check your math skills or knowledge of history genius. Nebraska is the new kid on Iowa’s radar compared to how long they’ve played Minnesota or their other border state rivals. Yes they enjoy beating us but if Iowa’s own is saying they enjoy beating Minnesota more, than I’m inclined to believe them. That’s not to say Nebraska vs Iowa will grow to be a bigger rivalry.

Please.. Iowa was obsessed with Nebraska well before their B1G days genius.

How am I wrong?

Question for you Big Red. What do you expect him to say to you? Especially if he knows your a Husker fan.

Do you really think he would say “yeah we want to beat Nebraska but there are more important games”.

I think most would argue it’s Neb entire season. This is our super bowl. Indisputable. Iowa’s a couple interception away from winning the west.
Yet, they aren’t. They have lost two games and like every year, this is the only one they care about.

Beating Nebraska has zero national impact. Beating them 15 years ago, you bet.

I do think this game is important to Iowa coaches, hence the dumb decision to go for that fake FG two years ago. It’s also obvious that it’s important to the Husker coaches and players. The evidence, to me, is Nebraska getting smacked in the mouth the past two seasons and making a come back. Usually, they just roll over.

Frost himself, said “if you can’t get up for your rival”, on Tuesday. More evidence that this game isn’t important to both sides. Maybe some day the game will be important nationally, but it hasn’t since 2015.

Reactions: szohn
Please.. Iowa was obsessed with Nebraska well before their B1G days genius.
Little late to the game genius. To clarify...the thread started off when another genius (not to be confused with the OP) claimed that Nebraska was the only game each year that Iowa pays attention to. I only stated the post was false (with facts) and then it devolved from there.

In our glory days I could see why Iowa would obsess over us but we are clearly not back to that level yet. If that is their thing then they should obsess over Wisconsin or Northwestern not a team they’ve been able to handle for the last 5 years.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Question for you Big Red. What do you expect him to say to you? Especially if he knows your a Husker fan.

Do you really think he would say “yeah we want to beat Nebraska but there are more important games”.
The jokes on you as to who the real Husker fan is. RollingLaugh

Erik and his family still can't believe the entitlement of the players in Nebraska. They said it's almost impossible to change the culture of the program. Erik said he will hang on to Frost wherever he goes, he's his meal ticket. Happy Thanksgiving from Allison, Iowa.

Nebraska is not relevant in any phase of college football. You want to be relevant so bad you’re searching for even the little ways to be relevant such as Iowa cares about you. Wanting to pretend like you are Iowa’s biggest rival is laughable. No one outside Southwest Iowa even gives two shits about your once proud program. Reminds me of my trip to Rome walking outside of the Roman Colosseum. The Romans were talking about how great they used to be and how they ruled the world!

Reactions: szohn
Nebraska is not relevant in any phase of college football. You want to be relevant so bad you’re searching for even the little ways to be relevant such as Iowa cares about you. Wanting to pretend like you are Iowa’s biggest rival is laughable. No one outside Southwest Iowa even gives two shits about your once proud program. Reminds me of my trip to Rome walking outside of the Roman Colosseum. The Romans were talking about how great they used to be and how they ruled the world!
very relevant in your tiny, inbred brain, it appears

comparing NU to Rome is a very iowa-level ‘insult’

maybe the lack of chromosomes inside iowa fan due to generations of inbreeding creates an innate and desperate craving to obsess about the Huskers?

Not to the coaching staff at iowa
You don’t know what the entire staff at Iowa thinks, neither does one coach I guarantee you havent spoken to about it.
I played FBS ball and don’t have the first clue what any of my former coaches feel. Stop acting like you are an expert on the way the Iowa staff thinks. You have no clue.

Beating Nebraska has zero national impact. Beating them 15 years ago, you bet.

I do think this game is important to Iowa coaches, hence the dumb decision to go for that fake FG two years ago. It’s also obvious that it’s important to the Husker coaches and players. The evidence, to me, is Nebraska getting smacked in the mouth the past two seasons and making a come back. Usually, they just roll over.

Frost himself, said “if you can’t get up for your rival”, on Tuesday. More evidence that this game isn’t important to both sides. Maybe some day the game will be important nationally, but it hasn’t since 2015.
Your programs only national claim to relevance

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You don’t know what the entire staff at Iowa thinks, neither does one coach I guarantee you havent spoken to about it.
I played FBS ball and don’t have the first clue what any of my former coaches feel. Stop acting like you are an expert on the way the Iowa staff thinks. You have no clue.
I do though

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think Iowa's biggest rival, historically and currently is Minnesota...and it's really not event close. I submit the following:

1982. Minneapolis. After Minnesota coach Joe Salem called the Hawkeyes "a bunch of farmers," earlier in the week, Iowa went up and beat the Gophers 21-16. After the game, Hayden Fry showed up to the postgame media scrum in bib overalls and straw hat. When asked about his outfit, he quipped, "I figured if we were going to take Floyd home, I may as well dress for the occasion. I don't want to scare him and dress like a city slicker."

1991, Iowa City. The Snow Game. There was a blizzard in Iowa City overnight and continued into the day. Stands were half full, but the student section was well attended, lubricated and lively. Whenever Minnesota was backed up around their own 10 going out, hundreds of snowballs would fly onto the field and pelt their players. Time and time again until issued a warning. Danan Hughes caught a TD in that endzone, putting Iowa well ahead, and proceeded to make a snow angel in said end zone. Iowa won easily and it marked Hayden's 100th B1G win.

2002. Minneapolis. Iowa caps an 11-1 season and 8-0 B1G record. Iowa fans storm the field and tear down the goalposts. Said Iowa fans pranced around the turf with the posts for a while, then decided to try and take them home to Iowa City, which of course failed miserably.

2008. Minneapolis. The Lois Feldman Incident. Lois - a light drinker - hated the Gophers so much that she got tanked on cheap wine and then took her frustration out by performing certain secual acts on another Iowa fan (12 years her younger) in a men's bathroom stall. Event security eventually settled her down and returned her to her husband who was in the stands watching the game. Lois' passion for the Hawks and hatred for the Gophers spurred Iowa to a 55-0 victory.

2020. Minneapolis. The Friday Night F-U. With Iowa up 35-0 late in the fourth quarter, and having pulled all of their defensive starters from the game, Minnesota kept most of their offensive starters in the game in an attempt to avoid a shutout. With :17 remaining in the game and Minnesota on the 4, PJ Fleck took a timeout. Following PJ's timeout, Kirk Ferentz took a timeout. And another. And another. Minnesota scored on the next play to finally get on the scoreboard with :14 left. When asked about the timeouts, Kirk (who was an assistant at Iowa when Hayden put the bib overalls on" quipped, "I figured we'd take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here."

That's a rivalry. And it runs deep.

I think Iowa's biggest rival, historically and currently is Minnesota...and it's really not event close. I submit the following:

1982. Minneapolis. After Minnesota coach Joe Salem called the Hawkeyes "a bunch of farmers," earlier in the week, Iowa went up and beat the Gophers 21-16. After the game, Hayden Fry showed up to the postgame media scrum in bib overalls and straw hat. When asked about his outfit, he quipped, "I figured if we were going to take Floyd home, I may as well dress for the occasion. I don't want to scare him and dress like a city slicker."

1991, Iowa City. The Snow Game. There was a blizzard in Iowa City overnight and continued into the day. Stands were half full, but the student section was well attended, lubricated and lively. Whenever Minnesota was backed up around their own 10 going out, hundreds of snowballs would fly onto the field and pelt their players. Time and time again until issued a warning. Danan Hughes caught a TD in that endzone, putting Iowa well ahead, and proceeded to make a snow angel in said end zone. Iowa won easily and it marked Hayden's 100th B1G win.

2002. Minneapolis. Iowa caps an 11-1 season and 8-0 B1G record. Iowa fans storm the field and tear down the goalposts. Said Iowa fans pranced around the turf with the posts for a while, then decided to try and take them home to Iowa City, which of course failed miserably.

2008. Minneapolis. The Lois Feldman Incident. Lois - a light drinker - hated the Gophers so much that she got tanked on cheap wine and then took her frustration out by performing certain secual acts on another Iowa fan (12 years her younger) in a men's bathroom stall. Event security eventually settled her down and returned her to her husband who was in the stands watching the game. Lois' passion for the Hawks and hatred for the Gophers spurred Iowa to a 55-0 victory.

2020. Minneapolis. The Friday Night F-U. With Iowa up 35-0 late in the fourth quarter, and having pulled all of their defensive starters from the game, Minnesota kept most of their offensive starters in the game in an attempt to avoid a shutout. With :17 remaining in the game and Minnesota on the 4, PJ Fleck took a timeout. Following PJ's timeout, Kirk Ferentz took a timeout. And another. And another. Minnesota scored on the next play to finally get on the scoreboard with :14 left. When asked about the timeouts, Kirk (who was an assistant at Iowa when Hayden put the bib overalls on" quipped, "I figured we'd take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here."

That's a rivalry. And it runs deep.
TL;DR

post this where people give a shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT