ADVERTISEMENT

The Nebraska game is literally Iowa's entire season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all out there. Enjoy the turkey and time off for those fortunate enough to have it.

With that out of the way, let's be realistic about the University of Iowa football program, a program that was and continues to be dogged by severe racial inequalities. This is a football and athletic program that may very well be under the scrutiny of the United States Department of Justice and other powerful branches of the government that investigate civil rights violations. This is not a football program worth admiring or supporting.

The Iowa administration and fanbase know that they are never going to vie for a B1G Championship. They will never compete for a National Championship. They may never even compete for a B1G West Championship after the injustices that have come to light. But they do know that they can catch a rebuilding, proud, historic Nebraska program in its down years. This means everything to them. This is literally Iowa's entire season. This is quite possibly Iowa's existential goal (other than acquiring as much Chinese money as possible and enrolling as many Chinese students as humanly possible to inflate their academic standing and average IQ): just beat Nebraska while they are down and rebuilding. They sure as hell can't beat us when we're firing on all cylinders.

We may be 1-3, but we're playing Iowa on Friday. This is a winnable game no matter how bad you are, no matter what year it is, no matter who you're trotting out at QB.

Nebraska 45
Iowa 13

Last edited:
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all out there. Enjoy the turkey and time off for those fortunate enough to have it.

With that out of the way, let's be realistic about the University of Iowa football program, a program that was and continues to be dogged by severe racial inequalities. This is a football and athletic program that may very well be under the scrutiny of the United States Department of Justice and other powerful branches of the government that investigate civil rights violations. This is not a football program worth admiring or supporting.

The Iowa administration and fanbase know that they are never going to vie for a B1G Championship. They will never compete for a National Championship. They may never even compete for a B1G West Championship after the injustices that have come to light. But they do know that they can catch a rebuilding, proud, historic Nebraska program in its down years. This means everything to them. This is literally Iowa's entire season. This is quite possibly Iowa's existential goal (other than acquiring as much Chinese money as possible and enrolling as many Chinese students as humanly possible to inflate their academic standing and average IQ): just beat Nebraska while they are down and rebuilding. They sure as hell can't beat us when we're firing on all cylinders.

We may be 1-3, but we're playing Iowa on Friday. This is a winnable game no matter how bad you are, no matter what year it is, no matter who you're trotting out at QB.

Nebraska 45
Iowa 13
You are not living in reality. Go read Simples article in LJS. It's an interview with Mike Farrell that is the reality of Nebraska football. A fan base that is rabid, but maybe too rabid for the good of the program. Couldn't be satisfied with 9 wins and will probably not exceed that again. We are really a Boston College. Similar in recruiting base and fan expectations.

Reactions: CatColumbia

Nebraska 45
Iowa 13
An Iowa beat writer was asked and he said the Minnesota game is a much bigger rivalry game to Iowa because it goes back much farther and mutual dislike for each other.

They just enjoy beating us the last few years because of the slight Eichorst said about them.

An Iowa beat writer was asked and he said the Minnesota game is a much bigger rivalry game to Iowa because it goes back much farther and mutual dislike for each other.

They just enjoy beating us the last few years because of the slight Eichorst said about them.
You'd have to be learning disabled to believe that

You'd have to be learning disabled to believe that
lol you may want to check your math skills or knowledge of history genius. Nebraska is the new kid on Iowa’s radar compared to how long they’ve played Minnesota or their other border state rivals. Yes they enjoy beating us but if Iowa’s own is saying they enjoy beating Minnesota more, than I’m inclined to believe them. That’s not to say Nebraska vs Iowa will grow to be a bigger rivalry.

I think most would argue it’s Neb entire season. This is our super bowl. Indisputable. Iowa’s a couple interception away from winning the west.
I would agree. A win by Nebraska would be a sign of improvement and a statement game ending Iowa’s streak.

Being realistic, I don’t see us winning this year. I think we’ll rise to the occasion and play inspired just like the last two years but we are way too sloppy and undisciplined and it will bite us in a critical moment.

lol you may want to check your math skills or knowledge of history genius. Nebraska is the new kid on Iowa’s radar compared to how long they’ve played Minnesota or their other border state rivals. Yes they enjoy beating us but if Iowa’s own is saying they enjoy beating Minnesota more, than I’m inclined to believe them. That’s not to say Nebraska vs Iowa will grow to be a bigger rivalry.

Agreed, A lot of history just like Minnesota would prefer to beat Wisconsin a little more over Iowa...Doesn’t mean it isn’t a rivalry both those teams know the important’s in winning those games which is no different than Ioway and Nebraska wanting to win this game..

Agreed, A lot of history just like Minnesota would prefer to beat Wisconsin a little more over Iowa...Doesn’t mean it isn’t a rivalry both those teams know the important’s in winning those games which is no different than Ioway and Nebraska wanting to win this game..

Minnesota should change their colors to blue. And everyone should enjoy beating Minnesota.

You know it! Old rivalries mean something a little more.

Ten years later I still love it when Colorado, Oklahoma, and especially Texas loses!

Reactions: SWIowahawks
well if you ask , and yes it has been asked , Iowa fans and players , it’s not Neb
The western part of the state yes
Sorry , but it is still Iowa State followed by Minnesota . Then it’s bunched up with Wisconsin , Illinois and Nebraska
Good gosh , seriously, do you feel better by saying that it makes their season because that’s the biggest game ?
So, I am guessing Neb is also the biggest game for Minnesota, Wisconsin , etc too?
Rolling my eyes

well if you ask , and yes it has been asked , Iowa fans and players , it’s not Neb
Sorry , but it is still Iowa State followed by Minnesota . Then it’s bunched up with Wisconsin , Illinois and Nebraska
Good gosh , seriously, do you feel better by saying that it makes their season because that’s the biggest game ?
So, I am guessing Neb is also the biggest game for Minnesota, Wisconsin , etc too?
Rolling my eyes
Biggest game for the coaching staff

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
I did, I do, and it is. Truth hurts. Kelvin is a great guy, iowa's dline is in great hands with him

Then you also know there is some bad blood on the recruiting trail. Kelvin wasn't a part of that. It's a rivalry game for both teams. Nothing more in terms of importance. Certainly not Iowa's most important game. Their in state rival is due to in state recruiting of linemen and lb's. And that part is significant.

Then you also know there is some bad blood on the recruiting trail. Kelvin wasn't a part of that. It's a rivalry game for both teams. Nothing more in terms of importance. Certainly not Iowa's most important game. Their in state rival is due to in state recruiting of linemen and lb's. And that part is significant.
Kelvin is a good man, and a friend, but this is definitely the coaching staffs most important game every year.

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
Nebs top paid asst coach and best man at the frost wedding says the game is important to the program and entire state of Neb

Rolling my eyes

Don’t put words in my mouth saying that it makes their season or the biggest game of the season..

Granted people in western Ioway would rather beat Nebraska and eastern people in Ioway would rather beat Illinois but beating Minnesota is bigger to the majority of the state in general...

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Nebs top paid asst coach and best man at the frost wedding says the game is important to the program and entire state of Neb

Of course it is because he played there and both states boarder one another and work together and have friendships with one another.. duh..

dagnabbit!! -- another correction - apologies -- he said it was super, super important to the entire state of Neb

Please get it correct. He used the word "super" 12 times in his statement, and the phrase "extra special" once. He further used the word "covfefe" once, as he did the phrase "never take the short money".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT