ADVERTISEMENT

The MSU version of Sean Callahan predicted Husker win

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
In case you didn't read it, in an interview for HOL, the guy who writes for MSU things Nebraska will win on a last minute field goal, 20-17. Now, obviously he doesn't know much about how our kicking game is going, but this is a huge surprise to me considering how well the Spartans have played, and it is in East Lansing. Maybe he knows something we don't.

I'm hoping for a statement victory for Frost. Best case scenario NU 38 MSU 13. With penalties/"special" teams/turnovers it'll be NU 24 MSU 25. Blackshirts lock up Walker and force some turnovers.

I'm hoping Martinez gets some momentum and turns in a great season with some Heisman mentions (but no invite) and goes as a 2nd round pick.

I'm hoping for a statement victory for Frost. Best case scenario NU 38 MSU 13. With penalties/"special" teams/turnovers it'll be NU 24 MSU 25. Blackshirts lock up Walker and force some turnovers.

I'm hoping Martinez gets some momentum and turns in a great season with some Heisman mentions (but no invite) and goes as a 2nd round pick.
Maybe second day pick, but I have a hard time seeing Martinez as a second round pick, even if he finishes strong. Too pedestrian the last 2 years, in my opinion.

Maybe second day pick, but I have a hard time seeing Martinez as a second round pick, even if he finishes strong. Too pedestrian the last 2 years, in my opinion.
Kellen Mond seems like a decent comp. He went 3rd round.

We could win the game but I wouldn't want to bet it. Some day this misery will end , we'll stop beating ourselves and win these close matchups. Will Saturday start a positive trend ?

Reactions: headcard
NFL requires you to read defenses. He will not be drafted as a QB.
To be clear, I didn’t mean to say I think he’ll go 3rd round. Some coach will see his skillset and think he’s worth a late rounder in hopes of being able to teach him how to read defenses. His tools are valuable enough to do so.

If it comes down to a kick to win the game I don't like our chances. We seem back full circle to 2019 with place kicking. I was at the CU-NU game in 2019 when that game went into overtime and I remember thinking at the time we're screwed if it comes down to a kick as we had no reliable kickers. It did, and we were.

ADVERTISEMENT