ADVERTISEMENT

The most disappointing thing about this season

Husker2307

Jul 5, 2019
We lost a golden opportunity to resurrect the program to its blue blood status.

Yes the losses suck, but what’s worse is we have really found ourselves in “Oh ****, what now?” territory.

SF banked on being able to recreate his UCF story. “I know where this is going”. This wasn’t a project that was being built from the ground up. Aside from Held, we have no great recruiters. We really needed that momentum of SF’s miracle season to capitalize on.

Every opportunity has a window, and I’m afraid we may have missed ours. I think SF can still bring us back, but it’s going to be a whole hell of a lot tougher now.

I think you have to reconsider your long term plan at this point, starting with a couple assistant coaches.

You are going to get a lot of s**t for this post, but I think it is a hell of an observation. I couldn't agree more......IF SF could have had at least signs of progress and/or a step forward this year, at the very least, the ILLUSION that he is the next great young head coach would still be there. Because of this, recruiting could have had a major jumpstart. Instead, that window has already closed. Can SF get it done here? Sure.....but things just got a lot tougher now.

Last edited:
Saw CBs coming in for Choe Bryant Strother to UCLA.
If we can’t recruit solid players things are gonna get tough. LB’s in particular right now are getting thin and we’ve been missing on targets.

Most disappointing this year has been Martinez for me. I really thought he’d be on fire this year, but his play has been shockingly awful.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Chicken Little fans that won't give a coach a full 2 years before crapping their pants. And then more lemmings that agree with said stupid post. Yeah, no good recruiters yet the last class was ranked 15th and included Wan'Dale and Luke. Btw the last class was 28 players, still less than the number of players that have left.

Chicken Little fans that won't give a coach a full 2 years before crapping their pants. And then more lemmings that agree with said stupid post. Yeah, no good recruiters yet the last class was ranked 15th and included Wan'Dale and Luke. Btw the last class was 28 players, still less than the number of players that have left.

Their parents failed to teach them patience and it's obvious they have no football IQ...just drive by dummies that every fanbase has.

Right on cue.

Most disappointed with the following:

AMart - We all know his regression.
Frost - Questionable play calling. Haven’t seen the team make adjustments at all this year. Questioning his overall leadership, seems to be wavering on his belief and approach.
Strength and conditioning- War daddy up? Didn’t we post some crazy lifting numbers in the offseason? But yet we’re getting pushed around by Purdue’s second stringers...

The entire season has gone up in shits creek but maybe Martinez can get it together and have an Illinois type of performance against Maryland and Iowa.

Their parents failed to teach them patience and it's obvious they have no football IQ...just drive by dummies that every fanbase has.

No doubt, patience is always a struggle. I’m willing to give Frost a full 4 years before saying changes are absolutely required. If things keep up like this and he’s unwilling to make changes, he will have lost the team and future recruits long before that.

Whatever, I supported the last coach and the one before that and I'll continue to do so. I'm glad it offends the fragile weak minded arm chair idiot brigade lol.

One thing my parents did not teach me was blind loyalty. I’ll keep watching the games and attending when I can. Not supporting the team any less than usual. Doesn’t mean you can’t look at things objectively.

As for your recruiting rebuttal, Held did a hell of a job recruiting Wan’Dale. But like Frost just said, we need 2-3 more weapons like him. I hope they can replicate a 15th ranked class. That would give me a lot more hope for the future. As it stands now, it’s difficult to envision a top 20 finish with the remaining targets we know about.

Most disappointed with the following:

AMart - We all know his regression.
Frost - Questionable play calling. Haven’t seen the team make adjustments at all this year. Questioning his overall leadership, seems to be wavering on his belief and approach.
Strength and conditioning- War daddy up? Didn’t we post some crazy lifting numbers in the offseason? But yet we’re getting pushed around by Purdue’s second stringers...

The entire season has gone up in shits creek but maybe Martinez can get it together and have an Illinois type of performance against Maryland and Iowa.
His questionable play calling all has to do with Martinez. He obviously doesn't know the offense as well as Luke and Vedral. It's tough when you can't do the same things you are used to. This all comes down to AM. He needs to unhitch the wagon from him.

No doubt, patience is always a struggle. I’m willing to give Frost a full 4 years before saying changes are absolutely required. If things keep up like this and he’s unwilling to make changes, he will have lost the team and future recruits long before that.

One thing my parents did not teach me was blind loyalty. I’ll keep watching the games and attending when I can. Not supporting the team any less than usual. Doesn’t mean you can’t look at things objectively.

As for your recruiting rebuttal, Held did a hell of a job recruiting Wan’Dale. But like Frost just said, we need 2-3 more weapons like him. I hope they can replicate a 15th ranked class. That would give me a lot more hope for the future. As it stands now, it’s difficult to envision a top 20 finish with the remaining targets we know about.

Well said. Exactly my point earlier in this thread. Can Frost still get it done? Sure he can. That being said, it just got a lot harder to get there without the illusion that he is the next big thing. Will he prove to actually be the next great head coach? I hope so...and I personally think he still can be, but he still is a work in progress, has lost a sh*t ton of momentum because of play on the field, and probably had some very tough decisions to make irt the current staff.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
ADVERTISEMENT