ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa Board Has A 27 Page Thread About Husker Recruiting

Captain Nick

Sophomore
Jul 22, 2008
giphy.gif

Odd this one surpasses it?

How would this one surprise pass a post about the Huskers recruiting on the Iowa board and it going 27 pages long? I love the OPs post. It just shows the obsession the Iowa fan has about the Huskers and wanting to be just like big brother one day.

My guess is they are trying to poke fun because we have what, 7-8 commits now and they are basically full or close to it? But I get it, if we recruited low level 3 star players too, I’m sure Frost would have his recruiting all locked up too. Our Huskers are fine, Hell the season hasn’t even started. We will get a lot more action during the season when recruits come visit during game day. Game day visits has always been our bread and butter. So I’m not worried one bit. I will say, this recruiting season is definitely different from the last years, I don’t think I seen this many players committed so early on. Plus side, NO ONE is signed yet. There is still a long ways to go before signing day ;)

We had two more commits going into practice or the season, ad two from last year committed the prior year, both native Nebraskans.
So, basically, we are on the same clip, with fewer guys this class than last.

Come on guys - let's show some respect for the Iowa fans. Any fan base that can support their favorite team knowing that their greatest seasons end with a bowl loss has fortitude.

Now that’s funny. I still remember watching Stanford and a McCaffery absolutely DESTROY that Iowa team that was apart of their greatest seasons!!!

I would have thought on the Iowa board they’d be talking about the price of hogs and soybeans instead of discussing Nebraska recruiting

Nope, Huskers live rent free in their heads none stop. Why do you think we have some many Iowa fans living on our boards constantly jumping in to reminding us what their opinions are about our Huskers...like we give a crap.

Because sometimes you just have to check in and take a peak at your stalker's page to make sure they're keeping the proper distance.

It is why young girls with brown hair parted in the middle followed the old Ted Bundy message board back in the day.

Pisses me off that there are 27 threads a week on here that mention the blackened golden showered birds to the east.... Stop talking about them and there is at least a chance they cease to exist!
I counted one...this one (and two threads about pot). But yeah, they do get brought up too much. This is simply a drive by point and laugh thread.

Nope, Huskers live rent free in their heads none stop. Why do you think we have some many Iowa fans living on our boards constantly jumping in to reminding us what their opinions are about our Huskers...like we give a crap.
Are you the “huskersalts” twitter handle that responds to Iowa beat writers at 2:30 in the morning about Iowa football?

Checked out Iowa’s recruiting class and out of 22 commitments they only have one 4 ⭐️ player and one 5.7 3 ⭐️. Pretty underwhelming class. So maybe that’s why their talking huskers.
I’m going to go ahead and trust the coaches that put lots of guys in the NFL. Getting guys they have seen in person and want early is not a bad thing when you have a track record of knowing and developing NFL talent.

The numbers you quoted are better than the 2016 class that ranked 42nd on rivals and was filled by the end of August. I’m betting in a rerank, that class would finish top 10.

24/7 sports also has a good handful of those guys as 4 stars so I don’t think there is much of a difference between 5.6, 5.7, 5.8.

I’m going to go ahead and trust the coaches that put lots of guys in the NFL. Getting guys they have seen in person and want early is not a bad thing when you have a track record of knowing and developing NFL talent.

The numbers you quoted are better than the 2016 class that ranked 42nd on rivals and was filled by the end of August. I’m betting in a rerank, that class would finish top 10.

24/7 sports also has a good handful of those guys as 4 stars so I don’t think there is much of a difference between 5.6, 5.7, 5.8.
I agree with you that Iowa evaluates and develops talent very well but overall they lack the top end playmakers to compete against the best teams in the country.

If a team gets kids rated low(er) and then those kids go on and get drafted but the college team they are on is pretty lame/average...are those really the coaches you want to put your trust in?

It seems like if anything it should be the opposite. I would be pissed if my favorite team kept having a ton of draft picks each year but ended up with 7 or 8 wins.

I trust Bama, they get tons of guys drafted and they win, I trust Clemson because they do that too. Why the **** would you trust coaches that not only can't recruit but also can't win?

This was the type of crap the Riley crowd was selling. "Ohhhh wow look at how he develops talent!" Develops them to do what? Not win games.

Most people that are average to below average at 66% of their job usually don't keep their job and/or are put on some sort of "Performance Plan".

I agree with you that Iowa evaluates and develops talent very well but overall they lack the top end playmakers to compete against the best teams in the country.
Agree completely.

If a team gets kids rated low(er) and then those kids go on and get drafted but the college team they are on is pretty lame/average...are those really the coaches you want to put your trust in?

It seems like if anything it should be the opposite. I would be pissed if my favorite team kept having a ton of draft picks each year but ended up with 7 or 8 wins.

I trust Bama, they get tons of guys drafted and they win, I trust Clemson because they do that too. Why the **** would you trust coaches that not only can't recruit but also can't win?

This was the type of crap the Riley crowd was selling. "Ohhhh wow look at how he develops talent!" Develops them to do what? Not win games.

Most people that are average to below average at 66% of their job usually don't keep their job and/or are put on some sort of "Performance Plan".
Because I have zero control over the fact that Kirk isn’t going anywhere. I have settled into the mind set that Iowa is NEVER going to be Alabama or Clemson. Heck, even OSU hasn’t come close to those two. I do think, however, Kirk’s classes since 2016 can lead to Big Ten title opportunities. So damn close last year at making the game. (Aside from finishing a full three games behind NW).

Basically, I’m past the pissed off stage. Being pissed off doesn’t do any good.

Agree completely.

Because I have zero control over the fact that Kirk isn’t going anywhere. I have settled into the mind set that Iowa is NEVER going to be Alabama or Clemson. Heck, even OSU hasn’t come close to those two. I do think, however, Kirk’s classes since 2016 can lead to Big Ten title opportunities. So damn close last year at making the game. (Aside from finishing a full three games behind NW).

Hahaha! That is an awesome answer! So honest!

I heard on the radio that Kirk might be trying to force the school to hire his son as the next coach?

Agree completely.

That is the best comment I have ever seen from an Iowa fan. Someone who actually understands what Iowa football is. Not trying to sugar coat it or pretend it is something its not.

Hahaha! That is an awesome answer! So honest!

I heard on the radio that Kirk might be trying to force the school to hire his son as the next coach?

Kirk can’t force them to do anything. However, it has been widely speculated that Brian is being groomed to take over some day. It’s to early to say how that would go as I still believe Kirk will be coaching Iowa for another 3-5 years.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT