ADVERTISEMENT

The hornets nest that is Boulder....

What are your thoughts on the Big Red invasion about to take place?
I am absolutely jacked up excited for this game. Once we beat down our little brother CSU on Friday my full attention will be on this game. As for the invasion, NU always travels well and that is impressive and I will welcome and invite anyone from this Rivals forum to stop by my tailgater and accept a beer and a nip of whiskey as a sign of respect.

Reactions: timnsun
Lots of talk that practices and the like are a dumpster fire. You have worse depth issues than we do.

Also, the experience or lack thereof, of some of your assistant coaches should be concerning.

Why so confident? Nebraska finished the season on an upward trajectory..Colorado 0-7.
My confidence in born through several factors: 1) my sources deep within the program 2) Laviska the soon to be Top 10 NFL pick 3) Montez, the 3rd QB (or better) off the board in the 2020 NFL draft 4) The Tucker factor, MacIntyre was weak and of course the X factor (desire/venue/will to win/guts, etc).

The Tucker factor

FeistyEdibleGoral-size_restricted.gif

Husker nation I come in peace. I do however predict an emphatic beat down for your not-quite-ready-for-primetime squad from Lincoln. One request - once we put you in your place, please do not fabricate stories about how poorly you were treated upon your visit to our fine town. We are gentlemen (and gentle-ladies), scholars and welcoming hosts and our good name must not be soiled.

Thank you in advance and please beat S Alabama (it will make our victory even more satisfying).
You are trash and your fan base is trash. Pretty well everything about CU is garbage. This game is going to be ugly mentally prepare yourself. Neb 54- sCUm 27 If your excuse for a college program can keep this game to within a 2TD loss I will congratulate you for a good game.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
I like Boulder. I like Colorado. I like Coloradans, at least the ones I know. I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacations there, especially the fishing vacations I have taken there.

I HATE the University of Colorado, it’s anemic football program, and it’s ill-informed and classless fans.

I hope AND expect the following:
1. There will be more NU fans than CU fans at the game
2. Nebraska will win by three touchdowns in a game that will never be in doubt.
3. We will never hear from the OP again.
Agree
Agree
Agree
I would like to add I like Iowa fans better than CU. Never thought I would use like and Iowa in the same sentence. I can at least find a few logically/ good Iowa fans. I have yet to come across a knowledgeable, above 8th grade education CU fan. They are a different kind of dumb.

Your statement is a bit misleading but true, both gentlemen have never held the title of position coach. I have great confidence in them and am also heartened by the fact that even Nick Saban once held the mantle of inexperienced.

Yeah, maybe at Toledo but certainly not in his time at Alabama..

My confidence in born through several factors: 1) my sources deep within the program 2) Laviska the soon to be Top 10 NFL pick 3) Montez, the 3rd QB (or better) off the board in the 2020 NFL draft 4) The Tucker factor, MacIntyre was weak and of course the X factor (desire/venue/will to win/guts, etc).
Every teams is overly confident when a new coach comes into the program. Every single fan of every single program. A new coach is sign of hope, a rebirth, a fresh start. This new found optimism leads most fans to have unreal expectation. Nebraska found this out hard core last year. I don't have time to research, but Im going to guess very few year 1 (let alone first HC job ever) find success year one. Your trash program has even more going against you than most others. So it is almost comical how confident you and other buffs fans are
I can sympathize with you a tiny bit, we were in your shoes last year. We had the hope that we will prove everyone wrong. We were going to be great. We were going to go against the odds and magically turn our program around right from the start. I have some words of advice for you. It will help the sting of what is to come for you this year.
#1. Be patient, all good things take time
#2. Mel will be an ok coach and could consistently get CU to mediocrity levels
#3. When those losses start to add up, and they will, just remember it is only year 1, look to the future.
#4. Take your beat down from Nebraska and other schools with class (if possible for sCUm fans)
#5 Always remember you are Neb little brother.

Goodnight and God Bless.

You are trash and your fan base is trash. Pretty well everything about CU is garbage. This game is going to be ugly mentally prepare yourself. Neb 54- sCUm 27 If your excuse for a college program can keep this game to within a 2TD loss I will congratulate you for a good game.
Husker2612 - turn that frown upside down! I will await your congratulations.

Anyone that has Nebraska winning by anything less than 3 TDs isn't playing with a full deck. This is going to be a beatdown. No Colorado fan in their right mind has CU winning this game.

Are you also Including the people in Vegas...

Having just moved to Nebraska after 20+ years in Colorado I have a number of friends who are die-hard CU fans, including one who played for CU. Their consensus, based on their superior knowledge of what's happening with the program right now, is that CU's offense will ultimately be better than a lot of people anticipate. But because of the new system, it will be at least game 4-5 before you really see that decent offense. It's not just the players learning the system, it's the coaches as well, as they learn what plays work with the players they have. The O will still be a major work in progress when NU hits Boulder and won't be that good yet. OTOH, they think the defense will be the proverbial dumpster fire all year. Too few reasonably talented players, players too young, and a new system all will combine for a dreadful defense. As one of my friends said, any team with any sort of pulse on offense will score in at least the 30's against CU, unless that offense self-destructs. And NU has a pretty good pulse on offense. CU will move the ball on occasion and have some nice plays against NU. Montez and Laviska are too good. But NU should move the ball at will.

I am absolutely jacked up excited for this game. Once we beat down our little brother CSU on Friday my full attention will be on this game. As for the invasion, NU always travels well and that is impressive and I will welcome and invite anyone from this Rivals forum to stop by my tailgater and accept a beer and a nip of whiskey as a sign of respect.
Where EXACTLY will your tailgate be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT