ADVERTISEMENT

The hornets nest that is Boulder....

Husker nation I come in peace. I do however predict an emphatic beat down for your not-quite-ready-for-primetime squad from Lincoln. One request - once we put you in your place, please do not fabricate stories about how poorly you were treated upon your visit to our fine town. We are gentlemen (and gentle-ladies), scholars and welcoming hosts and our good name must not be soiled.

Thank you in advance and please beat S Alabama (it will make our victory even more satisfying).
Prediction – we never hear from you again after the game is finished.

I like Boulder. I like Colorado. I like Coloradans, at least the ones I know. I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacations there, especially the fishing vacations I have taken there.

I HATE the University of Colorado, it’s anemic football program, and it’s ill-informed and classless fans.

I hope AND expect the following:
1. There will be more NU fans than CU fans at the game
2. Nebraska will win by three touchdowns in a game that will never be in doubt.
3. We will never hear from the OP again.

Husker nation I come in peace. I do however predict an emphatic beat down for your not-quite-ready-for-primetime squad from Lincoln. One request - once we put you in your place, please do not fabricate stories about how poorly you were treated upon your visit to our fine town. We are gentlemen (and gentle-ladies), scholars and welcoming hosts and our good name must not be soiled.

Thank you in advance and please beat S Alabama (it will make our victory even more satisfying).
Signe

“Husker fans I come in peace but also your team sucks and you lie about the stories from Boulder... but seriously I come in peace.”

Nice passive aggressiveness. Good luck September 7th your team is about to fold harder than they did against Oregon st last year. As 104.3 the fan said yesterday nobody in Colorado likes or cares about you. Sucks to suck

I like Boulder. I like Colorado. I like Coloradans, at least the ones I know. I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacations there, especially the fishing vacations I have taken there.

I HATE the University of Colorado, it’s anemic football program, and it’s ill-informed and classless fans.

I hope AND expect the following:
1. There will be more NU fans than CU fans at the game
2. Nebraska will win by three touchdowns in a game that will never be in doubt.
3. We will never hear from the OP again.
And I like Nebraska. My mother was born there. I love the golf in western Nebraska - the sandhills are a gift from God. I respect your score prediction but I will argue CU by 17. I guess that is why they play the game.

Signe

“Husker fans I come in peace but also your team sucks and you lie about the stories from Boulder... but seriously I come in peace.”

Nice passive aggressiveness. Good luck September 7th your team is about to fold harder than they did against Oregon st last year. As 104.3 the fan said yesterday nobody in Colorado likes or cares about you. Sucks to suck
Who said that? The great Sandy Clough? D-Mac? I will have their job.

Well, based on the thought process of the genius Colorado fans who were on the board last year - NU will be at a tremendous disadvantage having played a game before the game with CU. That assumes we get the game with Alabama (South) in. There were a couple of CU fans convinced NU caught a break not having to play Akron last year.

You do know Vegas has your o/u total wins at 4 this year right? Joel Klatt beloved CU Buffalo has us number 13 in his top 25. Why on earth would we lose to a team that is supposed to win 4 games?

Last edited:
In case you are young, a brief history: Before moderated/owned web discussion boards like this one there were wild and wooly free Usenet “newsgroups.” Pretty much anything could be said without any consequences.

During the Usenet era was Ted “we are always a mile high” Smith who later founded/sold the detested Netbuffs — and even later sued his beloved CU over press credentials. He was a constant annoyance during the so called CU-NU rivalry but at least he could write. Now all we get are the low IQ D students posting here for CU. I kind of miss Ted, but suspect he might no longer be with us as he has been silent for many years. Does anyone know?

Nopipesnobuttwipes claims to bleed black and gold.
Black and gold are the colors of Omaha Burke. The official colors of CU are silver and gold, a nod to the mining heritage of the state. Black is a 'branding' color courtesy of the marketing folks.

Reactions: timnsun
In case you are young, a brief history: Before moderated/owned web discussion boards like this one there were wild and wooly free Usenet “newsgroups.” Pretty much anything could be said without any consequences.

During the Usenet era was Ted “we are always a mile high” Smith who later founded/sold the detested Netbuffs — and even later sued his beloved CU over press credentials. He was a constant annoyance during the so called CU-NU rivalry but at least he could write. Now all we get are the low IQ D students posting here for CU. I kind of miss Ted, but suspect he might no longer be with us as he has been silent for many years. Does anyone know?

I wonder if Ted called someone a coward once too many times? After the third time he called me that, I stated that I lived in Colorado Springs and that I would be happy to meet him in Denver and have him explain face to face why I was a coward. I meant it, as I was tired of his antics. But I also knew he was a bully of the worst kind and so, as I expected, he never replied.

I wonder if Ted called someone a coward once too many times? After the third time he called me that, I stated that I lived in Colorado Springs and that I would be happy to meet him in Denver and have him explain face to face why I was a coward. I meant it, as I was tired of his antics. But I also knew he was a bully of the worst kind and so, as I expected, he never replied.
Ted certainly was annoying and his frequent posts were during the McCartney era when CU unilaterally decided we were their rival. Ironically he sued CU and lost to get press credentials, then was forced to pay huge CU legal bills, I think. They may be why he disappeared. I’m surprised you got that emotionally involved with him, though as I noted unmoderated Usenet boards did get pretty wild.

Ted certainly was annoying and his frequent posts were during the McCartney era when CU unilaterally decided we were their rival. Ironically he sued CU and lost to get press credentials, then was forced to pay huge CU legal bills, I think. They may be why he disappeared. I’m surprised you got that emotionally involved with him, though as I noted unmoderated Usenet boards did get pretty wild.

Yeah, I'm not particularly proud of it. But after he crowed about getting an NU fan fired for arguing with him while the fan was at work I was a little ticked. I made sure I didn't challenge him while I was working. And I was 99.9% certain he would not take me up on my challenge. I just wanted it out there that he was a bully.

Nopipesnobuttwipes claims to bleed black and gold.
Black and gold are the colors of Omaha Burke. The official colors of CU are silver and gold, a nod to the mining heritage of the state. Black is a 'branding' color courtesy of the marketing folks.
Awesome. Pure gold. And silver.

Either he’s a terrible buff fan who doesn’t even know his school colors, or he’s a troll.

Well, actually, he’s a troll either way. Great post!

Hornet's nest.... LOL.....
Sections-of-Folsom-Field-Clear.jpg

They are inexplicably confident on their board. They think Tucker is turning them around overnight and they’re already back. They lost 7 straight to close last season, including to Oregon state, at home...
Remember when most of us thought Riley had us on the way up? Being deluded like that is not out of the norm. I'm sure Puff fans are hearing nothing but sunshine and lollipops from their media just like we heard from ours.

Reactions: blackshirts4life339
Remember when most of us thought Riley had us on the way up? Being deluded like that is not out of the norm. I'm sure Puff fans are hearing nothing but sunshine and lollipops from their media just like we heard from ours.
I don't know about most but I never once thought Riley had us on the way up. Not after I had to Google who he was when it was announced.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I don't know about most but I never once thought Riley had us on the way up. Not after I had to Google who he was when it was announced.
Not one Husker fan ever thought so at this point. Everyone knew Riley sucked hard donkey dicks. Not one of us bought the hype. Thanks for helping me win a bet. I knew this would be the first response to my post.

It’s truly funny watching how you Colorado fans are so sure your goin got win the Huskers game with a brand new Head Coach, staff and players learning new systems. Ever team struggles in year 1...ever team, even worse early on. And guess what, Colorado plays the Huskers their 2nd game of the year.

You guys lost your final 7 games in a row and one game was to a Oregon State Beavers team that went 2-10 with their other win coming against a non major team in S Utah. Colorado is a dumpster fire right now and it will take time for Mel Tucker to right that ship...if he does at all. You won’t beat Scott Frost and the Huskers come Sept 7, Colorado won’t have their issues fixed that fast. You may as well accept it now.

Last edited:
Not overnight. He has been coach 1 week shy of 9 months.

Lots of talk that practices and the like are a dumpster fire. You have worse depth issues than we do.

Also, the experience or lack thereof, of some of your assistant coaches should be concerning.

Why so confident? Nebraska finished the season on an upward trajectory..Colorado 0-7.

Lots of talk that practices and the like are a dumpster fire. You have worse depth issues than we do.

Also, the experience or lack thereof, of some of your assistant coaches should be concerning.

Why so confident? Nebraska finished the season on an upward trajectory..Colorado 0-7.

And one of those loses was to a 2-10 Oregon State Beaver team. Their other win was against S Utah (a non major team). Colorado is an absolute dumpster fire and it will take Mel Tucker time to fix their issues. He won’t have them fixed by game 2 of the season...believe that.

Reactions: huskergal99
Any thoughts on the Buff LB and DB coaches who have never coached football before?
Your statement is a bit misleading but true, both gentlemen have never held the title of position coach. I have great confidence in them and am also heartened by the fact that even Nick Saban once held the mantle of inexperienced.

Your statement is a bit misleading but true, both gentlemen have never held the title of position coach. I have great confidence in them and am also heartened by the fact that even Nick Saban once held the mantle of inexperienced.

You do realize a lot of coaches (assistant coaches) come from Saban in some shape or form. You guys are going to get a harsh reality check soon. You don’t lose 7 in a row (one being to Oregon State that went 2-10), get a brand new Head Coach (only HC experience was an interim HC for 5-6 months for the Jags) and just instantly snap back out of that dumbest fire and play strong from game 1. Colorado will struggle early and often. Tucker will be lucky if he’s got Colorado playing solid football by mid season like Frost did.

Reactions: huskergal99

But there is only one Nick Saban in the entire history of college football. You think your coach was able to hire 2 of em before anyone else could? LOL. You’ve spent too much time in the dispensaries it appears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT