ADVERTISEMENT

The Gunny died Sunday morning. (Full Metal Jacket)

R.I.P. Gunny. Semper Fi. He can now go enjoy a few drinks with Chesty, Smedley, and the rest of the boys. I read one comment after seeing this earlier that was really funny. "He is probably in Heaven telling Jesus to get an f-ing haircut."
HT_r_lee_ermey_04_jef_140709_16x9_608.jpg

R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") died Sunday morning. Played his long time profession of a Drill Instructor in Full Metal Jacket. The Man was all around quality IMO. RIP

Here he is again at 1:38.

Many years ago he was in Omaha (can't remember why, maybe some fundraiser?) and I saw him eating breakfast at a restaurant. This was long before smartphones, but I was so tempted to go up and talk to him, but I decided to let him be and eat his breakfast in peace. Kind of regret that decision now.

Many years ago he was in Omaha (can't remember why, maybe some fundraiser?) and I saw him eating breakfast at a restaurant. This was long before smartphones, but I was so tempted to go up and talk to him, but I decided to let him be and eat his breakfast in peace. Kind of regret that decision now.

I've seen a number of I guess you'd call them semi-famous people in places like airports, restaurants and court clerks offices (no, they weren't on trial, it was when they were filming The New Perry Mason TV show in Denver). If they didn't appear busy I've gone up to them and said something along the lines of "I just wanted to say thank you for your role in ****. Now I'll leave you alone." More than half the times the person has asked a question back or done something else to get into a conversation. There was only one person who was downright rude to me.

I've seen a number of I guess you'd call them semi-famous people in places like airports, restaurants and court clerks offices (no, they weren't on trial, it was when they were filming The New Perry Mason TV show in Denver). If they didn't appear busy I've gone up to them and said something along the lines of "I just wanted to say thank you for your role in ****. Now I'll leave you alone." More than half the times the person has asked a question back or done something else to get into a conversation. There was only one person who was downright rude to me.

Okay, who was the rude one, out with it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT