The great hoax is over

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I must have missed where anyone said the masks are forever. But then again we are talking about people who think that a piece of fabric on their face is taking away their rights.

Also I would prolly thank the thousands of scientists who worked and developed the vaccines over the last decade(s). And the people in the clinical trials who tested its safety and effectiveness. Then the healthcare workers and public health workers that organize/administer the vaccine so that we can be back to normal.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
"hoax"
zPByzJp.jpg

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX
The sheep don’t know what to do. The masks were supposed to be forever. Thank you President Trump for getting the vaccine. Nappy time Joe

I'm guessing I'm one of those "sheep" that you're referring to here. As far as I'm concerned it's a great day for vaccinated people everywhere and I'll gladly toss the mask in the trash. It was never a "we're gonna have to wear masks forever" issue for the vast majority of people. Most of us were just being decent human beings and doing what we could to mitigate this pandemic. Trash me and others all you want, I did my part and I'm glad I did.

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
The sheep don’t know what to do. The masks were supposed to be forever. Thank you President Trump for getting the vaccine. Nappy time Joe

You're either just a douchebag troll or a complete rube who will buy anything right-wing media throws at you to think that anyone wanted the masks to last forever. Why would anyone have wanted that? Who, specifically, do you think wanted that?

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
I must have missed where anyone said the masks are forever. But then again we are talking about people who think that a piece of fabric on their face is taking away their rights.

Also I would prolly thank the thousands of scientists who worked and developed the vaccines over the last decade(s). And the people in the clinical trials who tested its safety and effectiveness. Then the healthcare workers and public health workers that organize/administer the vaccine so that we can be back to normal.
Project warp speed sounds like something a 5 year old made up, but if either administration gets any credit after all the scientists and medical professionals it would be the Trump administration for their roll out and cutting back of FDA regulations to lay the plans for producing and distributing millions of vaccines in the shortest amount of time ever for a new pathogen vaccine.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle

I guess the only person who will be wearing it forever and must want to keep wearing it forever are you weirdo anti-vaxxers. Hope you, Jenna Elfman and Jenny McCarthy enjoy wearing your masks forever.
dkiHuM7.jpg

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Project warp speed sounds like something a 5 year old made up, but if either administration gets any credit after all the scientists and medical professionals it would be the Trump administration for their roll out and cutting back of FDA regulations to lay the plans for producing and distributing millions of vaccines in the shortest amount of time ever for a new pathogen vaccine.
Don't you think any sitting president would have done the same? Do you honestly think Trump came up with the plan or even had any input into it?

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
TBF, there was a vaccine for the H1N1 flu less than six months from its discovery. In both cases, they where able to use information from decades of research to make the vaccines as quickly as they did. However, the influenza vaccine making technique was more established, resulting in the FDA forgoing the EUA vs. the current COVID vaccines.

However, in both cases neither president deserve the credit for the speed in which the vaccines were created and made.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
I'm guessing I'm one of those "sheep" that you're referring to here. As far as I'm concerned it's a great day for vaccinated people everywhere and I'll gladly toss the mask in the trash. It was never a "we're gonna have to wear masks forever" issue for the vast majority of people. Most of us were just being decent human beings and doing what we could to mitigate this pandemic. Trash me and others all you want, I did my part and I'm glad I did.
No shit.

And what's especially stupid about the "hoaxers" like the idiot OP, or anti-maskers, or anti-vaxxers (like Nebyank, RIP, brother) ...

... pandemics are not new ... they've been happening for centuries ... and we've been combating pandemics with quarantines, and lockdowns, and masks, and vacccines ... for CENTURIES!

Yet somehow Americans have reached an epidemic level of stupidity, selfishness, entitlement, and anti-science insanity (particularly among conservatives) that all of sudden in 2021 they think that they don't have to do this shit. Unbelievable! Epic idiocy. Sadly, while the COVID pandemic is going away, this American Idiocracy epidemic is not going away anytime soon.

slattimer99

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2019
Yet somehow Americans have reached an epidemic level of stupidity, selfishness, entitlement, and anti-science insanity (particularly among conservatives
Yeah. It’s not just some conservatives. You can lump in both fringes in that realm. They’re just the loudest on social media.

Reactions: stevehammer

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
Don't you think any sitting president would have done the same? Do you honestly think Trump came up with the plan or even had any input into it?
All I’m saying is they got us to where we are today with what they did in the 10 months of the pandemic with the vaccine production and rollout. If they hadn’t done what they did, or done a worse job, we wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are with the amount of people vaccinated.

Reactions: nelsonj22

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
All I’m saying is they got us to where we are today with what they did in the 10 months of the pandemic with the vaccine production and rollout. If they hadn’t done what they did, or done a worse job, we wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are with the amount of people vaccinated.
Are you talking about the scientist and drug companies or Trump?

Edit:I guess they could of said fvck the vaccine but Germany and Pfizer beat us to the punch anyway without American money 🤷‍♂️

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

Pfizer has distanced itself from Mr. Trump and Operation Warp Speed. In an interview on Sunday, Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at Pfizer, said, “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” adding, “we have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp
as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.

Last edited:

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003

A plan yes but donnie came up with that Big Beautiful Plan. People told him they couldn't believe how beautiful the plan was, never seen one like it in history of the universe.

• Haha
Reactions: realbp

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
A plan yes but donnie came up with that Big Beautiful Plan. People told him they couldn't believe how beautiful the plan was, never seen one like it in history of the universe.
T is basically Thanos to some bow and quiver or die 😂

• Haha
Reactions: bldhuskerred

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
Are you talking about the scientist and drug companies or Trump?

Edit:I guess they could of said fvck the vaccine but Germany and Pfizer beat us to the punch anyway without American money 🤷‍♂️

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

Pfizer has distanced itself from Mr. Trump and Operation Warp Speed. In an interview on Sunday, Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at Pfizer, said, “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” adding, “we have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp
as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.
See, that proves Trump is responsible for the vaccine!

Says the reading comprehension challenged Republican.

But seriously, as others have said, Trump had nothing to do with this. Any President would have done the same thing. What Trump did do is fail to support masks, failed to make a WW2 level effort to produce tests and really get after the virus at the beginning. His response to the virus probably grades out at a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Reactions: Dharry

hephusker

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011
OP can't return to normal though because he is an anti-vaxxer.

You need to keep wearing a mask per CDC you idiot.
you don’t have to do anything....it is still a free country. I’m vaccinated and support it but the government cannot and should not force you to vaccinate.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I have talked about the friend that died from COVID and thought it was a hoax and did not want the vaccine. His family was influenced by him. Now the family are getting vaccinated. They can not bring back the husband and father, but they are trying not to loose any other family members. You could not convince him to take the vaccine. Very sad, he was so stubborn and it cost him his life and risked his families lives.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005

Almost every single pharmaceutical company began working on this, before Trump admitted it was real. And would have continued regardless of Trump.

You see pharmaceutical companies are in business to make money. And this presented a once in a generation potential to do that.

While trump was promoting hydroxychloriquine, real scientists were actually working on solutions.

If anything, trumps denials simply added to the death toll.

Praise be to god we have so many scientists from left leaning colleges that fought the good fighf in a vacuum of leadership.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001

Oh man it was God like. Trump saved the world. It was truly beautiful to see. It could not have been done by anybody else. One of the greatest accomplishments the world has ever seen. The world owes Trump a big thank you. Give him a Nobel prize! LOL!

Last edited:

konaki

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
It's the new civil war in the U.S. left vs right and it's raging and it's outcome is still in doubt based on your views. It really saddens me that people can't accept people based on their views whether it's liberal or conservative. It seems it takes a justified war to pull our population together and that is really sad.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
OP doesn't give a shit. 600k dead is a hoax to him and he didn't believe anyone outside of a nursing home died
The irony (if you can call it that) is in one breath people like the OP call it a hoax and nothing to worry about and in another breath they brag about Trump inventing the vaccine/saving America and accusing Cuomo of killing 15,000 people. How did Cuomo "kill" that many people if it was a hoax with nothing to worry about?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
The irony (if you can call it that) is in one breath people like the OP call it a hoax and nothing to worry about and in another breath they brag about Trump inventing the vaccine/saving America and accusing Cuomo of killing 15,000 people. How did Cuomo "kill" that many people if it was a hoax with nothing to worry about?
Cause they were in a nursing home duh. And only like 500 people really died the rest were all car accidents and people who died "with Covid" not because of Covid. Or they were already dying of commodities like being overweight. And they were all in NY and California.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Valid point. So much irony with the covid discussions.

I think it was overblown from beginning to end. That doesn't mean it's a hoax and shouldn't have been taken seriously. Much like anything the extremes could have met somewhere in the middle and we would have been better off. Once it became political there was no chance of that.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

I think it was overblown from beginning to end. That doesn't mean it's a hoax and shouldn't have been taken seriously. Much like anything the extremes could have met somewhere in the middle and we would have been better off. Once it became political there was no chance of that.
Agreed. I totally agree the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It is just sad that it became political and so many people look at it in black and white and not a gray area in between so we can all get on the same page.

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003

Hard for me to call it overblown with the number of deaths.

hephusker

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011
Almost every single pharmaceutical company began working on this, before Trump admitted it was real. And would have continued regardless of Trump.

You see pharmaceutical companies are in business to make money. And this presented a once in a generation potential to do that.

While trump was promoting hydroxychloriquine, real scientists were actually working on solutions.

If anything, trumps denials simply added to the death toll.

Praise be to god we have so many scientists from left leaning colleges that fought the good fighf in a vacuum of leadership.
If Trump wasn’t president they would till be studying the vaccine.