ADVERTISEMENT

The Gatorade bath

One of the stupidest traditions in football. I'd rather you just hoist the coach on your shoulders as was done previously. It seems like something (the bath) that would have been done to someone you didn't like.

I hope Nebraska football players get the chance to choose whether to dumb Gatorade or carry Coach Frost off the field next year. What will they decide...can’t wait!! Winking

Well can you imagine the outrage some would have if you raised a white coach up on the shoulders of a black student athlete?!!

I agree with you that lifting a coach up is the best show of respect a team could do but people are too triggered for that to happen today.

I liked what they did at the Idaho Potato Bowl. Dumped a bunch of fries on the coach, though I think they did get him with Gatorade later too.

Agreed, that and the Miami turnover chain purchased at Dollar Tree.

Let's throw in the cigars. I'm not saying that you can't do these things off camera when you're partying afterwards. I just want the discipline shown on the field to extend to their personal lives. Act professional.

People only dislike it because they don't drink Gatorade. Dump a keg of bud-light or a bunch of BBQ chicken wings on the coach and we'd all be like "i wish that was me".

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I was lucky enough to have it done to me, it is pretty cool. I think it is more for the people dumping it than the coach, like, they get to be a part of that forever.

ADVERTISEMENT