ADVERTISEMENT

football season is over, what now?

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Since the football season ended a couple weeks ago or whatever. What do y'all do in the off season?

Personally, I've been playing alot more playstation.

Baseball starts in a few months, and I will watch a few of those games, it just sucks having to rely on btn+, where the production quality is generally pitiful.

I'm just really excited for Elden Ring, I don't care what else happens next year, as long as I get to play some Elden Ring, I will be happy.

Football hasn't ended for me..

Nebraska football has ended for the season. What team do you root for?

Do you have any advice for the thread on what to do in the off season? Or were you just gloating?

I'm a Nebraska fan but that doesn't mean I don't watch other games. The season doesn't end for me until after the Super Bowl.

Damn, so kind of gloating that you can enjoy watching some random football games. My season ends when Nebraska's season ends.

I used to watch the nfl when I was way younger, but I've not watched more than a few plays of an nfl game, going on almost 20 years now.

Good for you though man, that's what makes life great, many options for entertainment.

Reactions: barney44
Since the football season ended a couple weeks ago or whatever. What do y'all do in the off season?

Baseball starts in a few months, and I will watch a few of those games, it just sucks having to rely on btn+, where the production quality is generally pitiful.

I'm just really excited for Elden Ring, I don't care what else happens next year, as long as I get to play some Elden Ring, I will be happy.

V B

Reactions: Jaemekon
How about spend quality time with family and friends? You could also watch a couple prominent Nebraska games on YouTube if needed. Winking

its-not-that-hard-dude-freddie-benson.gif

Damn, so kind of gloating that you can enjoy watching some random football games. My season ends when Nebraska's season ends.

I used to watch the nfl when I was way younger, but I've not watched more than a few plays of an nfl game, going on almost 20 years now.

Good for you though man, that's what makes life great, many options for entertainment.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a jackass. I watch as much football as I can although the wife doesn't exactly like that. I'm pretty useless during the season.

I watch a lot or soccer for 25 years or so now (wife is English). The team we support is having their best run ever playing in Europe and in the top 4 of the premier league.

How about spend quality time with family and friends? You could also watch a couple prominent Nebraska games on YouTube if needed. Winking

My kids are teenagers, and generally less than thrilled to just hang with me. They are always off to hang with their friends. My family doesn't live in Lincoln, so I can't hang with them.

I don't really have any friends, everyone I ever knew I have basically lost touch with. My current "friends" I don't really like that much, so I'm not trying to see them more.

YouTube is good for the occasional fix.

Thank you for the advice, if those were viable options for me, I would definitely partake. Thank you.

Reactions: TFrazier
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a jackass. I watch as much football as I can although the wife doesn't exactly like that. I'm pretty useless during the season.

I'm the ass, you are good dude.

My kids are teenagers, and generally less than thrilled to just hang with me. They are always off to hang with their friends. My family doesn't live in Lincoln, so I can't hang with them.

I don't really have any friends, everyone I ever knew I have basically lost touch with. My current "friends" I don't really like that much, so I'm not trying to see them more.

YouTube is good for the occasional fix.

Thank you for the advice, if those were viable options for me, I would definitely partake. Thank you.

Are you into exercising? There are plenty of gyms or at home exercise apps that you can get into. I also like to go outside and walk to music and/or listen to podcasts. Just finished a 4.45 mile walk listening to an upbeat playlist.

My wife and I have been “puzzling” since the pandemic. I think they are fun to do and the time flies…especially if you are listening to something. The first two puzzles I completed were Memorial Stadium puzzles. Winking

Hope this helps.

fdaa5b54-233e-4828-9cca-c5bfa1239f0c_1.07f80d7e05da4afb03ce05b910d2918b.jpeg

Reactions: Swiv3D and Jaemekon
Are you into exercising? There are plenty of gyms or at home exercise apps that you can get into. I also like to go outside and walk to music and/or listen to podcasts.

My wife and I have been “puzzling” since the pandemic. I think they are fun to do and the time flies…especially if you are listening to something. The first to puzzles I completed were Memorial Stadium puzzles. Winking

Hope this helps.

fdaa5b54-233e-4828-9cca-c5bfa1239f0c_1.07f80d7e05da4afb03ce05b910d2918b.jpeg

Absolutely, I workout already (I have home equipment). I like to ride my bike in the morning also. I have my podcasts that I enjoy, and when I'm not listening to those, I'm almost always listening to music.

I've thought about getting a couple of puzzles, that's a good idea. Thanks man.

Reactions: TFrazier
Absolutely, I workout already (I have home equipment). I like to ride my bike in the morning also. I have my podcasts that I enjoy, and when I'm not listening to those, I'm almost always listening to music.

I've thought about getting a couple of puzzles, that's a good idea. Thanks man.

There are some good exercise apps. I like the Les Mills app and I know a lot of people like Beachbody and Peleton.

I also play basketball 2-3 times a week. Sometimes variety is good.

Reactions: Swiv3D and Jaemekon

There is always Nebrasketball.

• Haha
If you are around Lincoln, check out some of the other sports. Men’s basketball games can be somewhat of a hard ticket, but the women’s team this year is really fun to watch. They pass the ball a lot better than the men do. The men’s and women’s gymnastics teams are talented and those meets are very affordable. The wrestling meets can be quite entertaining if you have even just a basic understanding of the rules. We try to take in a few of those to pass the winter.

and a winter vacation to Disney World, or a cruise, etc. can really help make winter fly by.

After super bowl, thats when my home improvement season starts right up until start of CFB, also, hiking, biking, basketball and tennis

If you are around Lincoln, check out some of the other sports. Men’s basketball games can be somewhat of a hard ticket, but the women’s team this year is really fun to watch. They pass the ball a lot better than the men do. The men’s and women’s gymnastics teams are talented and those meets are very affordable. The wrestling meets can be quite entertaining if you have even just a basic understanding of the rules. We try to take in a few of those to pass the winter.

and a winter vacation to Disney World, or a cruise, etc. can really help make winter fly by.

thank-you-saul-silver.gif

When do they play?

What will you do when that game is over?
They play this Saturday at 11 looking forward to it, especially for a 'run the ball' guy like myself.

After that game, if Nebraska isn't playing in a bowl, then I might do a super bowl party. Those are usually fun. I don't watch the NFL during the regular season because I just don't care much for pro football. But parties are great man. Who doesn't love good beer and food and company?

I like Husker volleyball and I like going to baseball games. Don't like watching baseball on TV or listening on the radio but I do like the games in person. I can't listen to volleyball on the radio, it's too fast for me to really enjoy it.

Outside of sports you got church family, family family, and the gym. House/car work almost always. Planning the garden next spring, which is just right around the corner so get your starts ready...

Hunting is going on right now and the best fishing and morrell mushroom hunting coming in May.

You can literally plan out your life month by month just with outdoors stuff. You should never ever EVER be bored.

Go shooting, and if that is too expensive get yourself a bow and arrows.....like 50 of them. I hate running to the target and back every ten shots.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT