ADVERTISEMENT

The end of the road for Brees

I really liked Brees until he went "woke". Dude was fantastic for the city of NOLA and then got burnt at the end for a benign comment.

He should have retired right after the BLM shit storm and let all his teammates that were so hurt and disappointed in his very factual, accurate statement drown and finish 4-12. The ‘culture‘ being fostered right now in the NFL and NBA is trash.

He should have retired right after the BLM shit storm and let all his teammates that were so hurt and disappointed in his very factual, accurate statement drown and finish 4-12. The ‘culture‘ being fostered right now in the NFL and NBA is trash.
The problem for Brees is that he wants to be an announcer. No chance anyone in the woke sports industry would’ve hired him if he didn’t cave.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
The problem for Brees is that he wants to be an announcer. No chance anyone in the woke sports industry would’ve hired him if he didn’t cave.

Agree. But that type of intellectual dishonesty is transparent too, so while you put the woke idiots at ease you lose credibility with the vast majority. Thankful for the Big 4 leagues and the networks, the silent majority aren’t cancel culture brats and just tune guys like Drew out, knowing he’s just playing a part for the check.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
I think his arm was done. He would not go down field at all this year. Good running back to throw to but you still need to stretch the field.
The rib injury really removed any chance he had of throwing deep. I am SHOCKED he came back at all this year. I've had cracked ribs and the pain and length of time I had pain was brutal.

Reactions: baseball31ne
That is tough to watch. He had an amazing career and he's pure class.
Brees has an interesting connection to Nebraska (besides beating Omaha-born Andy Roddick in a tennis tournament at age 12). You might be familiar with the name of Brad Smith, the long-time football coach and AD at Chadron State. Brad's son Ben Smith was a star quarterback at Chadron HS in the mid/late-90s. As a senior, Ben was being recruited hard to Wyoming by then-coach Joe Tiller. When Tiller got the Purdue job, he continued to recruit Ben, who eventually committed to and enrolled at Purdue. After his very first day of practice as a freshman, Ben called home and informed his father that he had asked to be moved to safety. When Brad asked why, Ben said "my roommate's a quarterback too, and he's so good that I'll never play unless I switch positions." Brad, a gruff old coach, was pissed, telling Ben to "get in there and compete" and all the other stuff you'd expect him to say. Ben insisted, so he moved to safety and had a decent career.
Ben's roommate was Brees. They became great friends and have remained so. When Brad was still at Chadron State (he's retired now), Brees would travel there to play in the summer fund-raising golf tournament. No hype, no payment necessary, he'd just show up (at a place that's kinda hard to get to) and help raise money for the CSC athletic program. He was beyond gracious, staying until the end of the day to hobnob, talk and pose for pictures. You will find a lot of Saints fans in NW Nebraska due to Drew Brees.

Brees sucks. Glad to see him noodle armed off the stage like the loser he was. Class act my ass. A great city like NO deserves a QB with some class. Not some half pint redneck.

• Wow
Reactions: The_Glove_Man
U are a confused individual
Brees blows. All hat, no cattle. I look forward to seeing him run for office someday. He's def dumb enough to fit right in. And literally, his arm is a noodle. They did a sports science thing on him, and it's composed of flour and water and a little bit of water. He couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT