ADVERTISEMENT

The DBs

Baxter48

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010
Gods country
thiis question has probably been asked already, but I don’t remember it anyway why are our DBs playing so far off the receivers? I thought they were one of the supposed strengths of the team

We need young DBs to step up also. Newsome has been responsible for some big plays. I think Delancy wasn’t in uniform last week.
Pola-Gates is not making any splash.
Can Nadab Joseph emerge?
Losing Clark has hurt for sure.
And we lost some 4* kids before they got started.
With some guys aging out, the next gen needs to get ready.

Reactions: BleedRed78
thiis question has probably been asked already, but I don’t remember it anyway why are our DBs playing so far off the receivers? I thought they were one of the supposed strengths of the team
I can’t stand the amount of space we give opponents.
Especially on a 3rd and whatever and we fail to defend the sticks.
There’s been way too many completions where we have no DB even close to the play.

He reminds me of how Mohammed Barry was for us. Solid junior year then laid an egg in his senior year.
I know a popular topic is how difficult it is for a DB to do the “turn around and find the ball thing.” I’m not here to say it’s easy, but circumstances matter.
1. having a sense of timing for QB delivery
2. watching the WR’s eyes and hands
3. when you’ve got them pinned on the sideline or in the corner they’re not going anywhere without you feeling it, so turn the F around.

Bootle as a senior leader, coached by a former NFL pro has almost never once turned around to find the ball on deep throws in his career.
There’s been plays where I would have much rather given up the TD with him turning to find the ball, than giving up the TD face guarding looking clueless.

Same reason we never play man. They can’t cover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT