ADVERTISEMENT

The current state of the Team

The AD, BOR and Big donors are ALL IN on Scott Frost. The view is that if he can't do it, nobody can. He'll get at minimum 5 years to get us to the 9 win plateau and infinity to get us above that. 4-3 is NOT a train wreck considering the situation he took over.
you're replying to a person who doesn't understand, and admitted as much in writing on this very board, 7th-grade-level statistics. his mind literally shut down when trying to grasp the concept of small sample size.

that Nikki can even log on to a computer is stunning, so let's not ask too much in terms of expecting coherent dialogue.

The AD, BOR and Big donors are ALL IN on Scott Frost. The view is that if he can't do it, nobody can. He'll get at minimum 5 years to get us to the 9 win plateau and infinity to get us above that. 4-3 is NOT a train wreck considering the situation he took over.

Yes, there's a lot of truth there. It's currently rough & tough on our ego but it's great those people know full well we just have to hang tough with HCSF. Glad to read that dinglefritz.

Yes, there's a lot of truth there. It's currently rough & tough on our ego but it's great those people know full well we just have to hang tough with HCSF. Glad to read that dinglefritz.
Other than a few reactionary posters on message boards and social media, I think the powers that be and the fan base are as united as it's been since Tom retired. They know it's a rebuild situation and they've seen what Frost can do.

The lines are a train wreck though. I honestly hope it is talent. Because that my be able to be fixed. If it is coaching - well I guess that could be fixed too.

Our defense gets sealed away from the ball carrier an amazing amount on the same plays.
Our OL opens no holes on most plays while getting stoned. Is is like we are kids playing against men and getting brutalized.

Very

you're replying to a person who doesn't understand, and admitted as much in writing on this very board, 7th-grade-level statistics. his mind literally shut down when trying to grasp the concept of small sample size.

that Nikki can even log on to a computer is stunning, so let's not ask too much in terms of expecting coherent dialogue.

C'mon Top_Gun, take it easy. Nikki is a sharp dude but isn't thrilled with our current play. Who can blame him for that? He'll be a happy camper when NU starts kicking ass & taking names in a couple of years or so.

Nikki wants NU success as much as me & you. Easy partner, we're all hanging in there....

Reactions: ssmill777
Just an example of what can be done. I do like Matt Campbell. He holds players accountable, doesn't scream and had yet to loose a game in October while coaching the Clones.
He's had some very good QBs. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it rolling long term at ISU.

what part of my post don't you understand? Sure they are all in on Scott, I didn't say otherwise, but acting like no one will say anything to him for 5 years is beyond silly. I said it depends on how the season finishes.. right? I also said if they get to a bowl game, then nothing gets said. Quit mixing up parts of it to create something I didn't say.

btw, the current season has def been a train wreck.

Last edited:
That pretty much sums it up.

Into a nose dive? It sucked ass when he took it over. A nose dive isn’t possible, it was already pretty much at the bottom. The fear is that he can’t make it a lot better, which certainly wont be decided after 2 years. And the AD wants as much as anyone for him to be successful, because that’s who he brought in. If you’re repeating yourself, that’s on you, stop saying it.
you're the one who said if they go winless the rest of the season no one would say anything.. to me, that is a nosedive, and no improvement over last season. At least last season started off winless, and then got better, not the other way around.

Reactions: blackbones
what part of my post don't you understand? Sure they are all in on Scott, I didn't say otherwise, but acting like no one will say anything to him for 5 years is beyond silly. I said it depends on how the season finishes.. right? I also said if they get to a bowl game, then nothing gets said. Quit mixing up parts of it to create something I didn't say.
Some will chose to bitch and moan others will support. I chose the latter.

So we lost Ziggy, Morgan and some other starters. Haven’t had a Kicker. We’ve won more games than last year but it’s worse? Sheesh.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
So we lost Ziggy, Morgan and some other starters. Haven’t had a Kicker. We’ve won more games than last year but it’s worse? Sheesh.
we won more games than last year? ok

let's see, last year was 4 wins.

what is our record this year.. 4 wins..

hmm.. yep, 4 > 4

This game Sat will tell us all a lot!! If the Huskers come out with a cant lose attitude and a fire in their belly all game they can win!! If they lose it can get ugly for the rest of the season!! Leaders have to emerge not just a few flying to the ball!! Its in their hands! NO RETREAT!! GBR!!

Reactions: huskerfan66
we won more games than last year? ok

let's see, last year was 4 wins.

what is our record this year.. 4 wins..

hmm.. yep, 4 > 4
I hope Frost does get fired. He deserves better than shitty fans like you. We’ll be a five alarm dumpster fire and I can bash whatever reject is hired next.

So, based on the posts since the Minnesota game and the fact that performance and the season performance up to this point is enough to label Frost and his staff as not Power 5 ready, etc. I will make the assumption that if we win Saturday that Frost is going to be held up as a great coach and has engineered a tremendous turnaround? If we win by a lot, will he be the best coach ever? Just interested to know what it takes to swing opinion, or does it only work in the negative direction? Because we know if we lose, he will be branded as the worst ever..

btw, the current season has def been a train wreck.
The only people who will be saying anything to Frost are people who don't matter on message boards and social media. There's a reason Moos came out before the season and said that 6 wins would be a successful season. The insiders knew what the real situation was but couldn't say it because they wanted to sell seats and gear. MULTIPLE former players went on the record saying that a bowl game should be the only goal for this team. Now our best offensive weapon and QB have been injured. Our soph stud RB has apparently lost his mind. All that on top of losing our top safety for the season. The powers that be are realistic unilke some fans..

I'm just waiting to see a complete game from these guys. Hell, they can't seem to put together a complete quarter. A full game that looks like the first half at Colorado would be something to see.
I think the first half against Colorado was a bit of a fluke. They were full of piss and vinegar to get revenge on a hated team with a player that made a dirty play (a player that just left their program, ironically). Once the shine of that was off, that was the end.

you're the one who said if they go winless the rest of the season no one would say anything.. to me, that is a nosedive, and no improvement over last season. At least last season started off winless, and then got better, not the other way around.

This team has regressed. Even if he didn’t win another game this year, he isn’t going anywhere, period. And you know what? If he wins 4 games next year, he isn’t going anywhere, unless he chooses to go. Turn’s out he’s not the 2nd coming as everyone was hoping, and AM, also, is not what everyone was expecting. It sucks that we suck, but he has at a bare minimum, I would say, 5 years to make NU look respectable.

The only people who will be saying anything to Frost are people who don't matter on message boards and social media. There's a reason Moos came out before the season and said that 6 wins would be a successful season. The insiders knew what the real situation was but couldn't say it because they wanted to sell seats and gear. MULTIPLE former players went on the record saying that a bowl game should be the only goal for this team. Now our best offensive weapon and QB have been injured. Our soph stud RB has apparently lost his mind. All that on top of losing our top safety for the season. The powers that be are realistic unilke some fans..
except now Moos is trying to walk that back.. about the 6 win thing..
it's been a train wreck and Scott hasn't done much to stop it.. We will see.. maybe it all changes Saturday and the rest of the season goes great. I don't think so, but hey.. at least they will be wearing blackshirts Saturday!

This team has regressed. Even if he didn’t win another game this year, he isn’t going anywhere, period. And you know what? If he wins 4 games next year, he isn’t going anywhere, unless he chooses to go. Turn’s out he’s not the 2nd coming as everyone was hoping, and AM, also, is not what everyone was expecting. It sucks that we suck, but he has at a bare minimum, I would say, 5 years to make NU look respectable.
I never said he was going anywhere.. Just that some people might want to talk to him to find out what his plan is.

"I don't care if there are people that are upset. I care about this more than they do." - HC Scott Frost when asked about the fans who are upset where the team is on Big Red Wrap-Up.

I tend to agree with the head coach on this issue.

He should be more invested. It's his body of work.

I would not call what I feel being "upset." Probably a better word would be disappointed.

Reactions: ssmill777
Frost is the last link to the old days. The donors are in it for Scott about as much as humanly possible which is to say he'll probably get at least as much time as Bo assuming he sniffs nine wins at some point.

Scott views this as defending his playing legacy and the house that Tom built. He cares way more than any random ass fan who believes that wanting a div title every year and being a loud ass about it makes him a true defender of the program

Frost is the last link to the old days. The donors are in it for Scott about as much as humanly possible which is to say he'll probably get at least as much time as Bo assuming he sniffs nine wins at some point.

Scott views this as defending his playing legacy and the house that Tom built. He cares way more than any random ass fan who believes that wanting a div title every year and being a loud ass about it makes him a true defender of the program
If it matters so much to him, why the Oregon scheme?

being serious (I think what you say is true.. but)

Given that its beyond me as to why any true Husker fan wouldn't be behind him 100%

except now Moos is trying to walk that back.. about the 6 win thing..
it's been a train wreck and Scott hasn't done much to stop it.. We will see.. maybe it all changes Saturday and the rest of the season goes great. I don't think so, but hey.. at least they will be wearing blackshirts Saturday!
Sounds like you'd be thrilled to see a loss Sat. You'd get to bitch and moan more. Trash fan.

Sounds like you'd be thrilled to see a loss Sat. You'd get to bitch and moan more. Trash fan.
it's been over 20 years of this crap. Scott went 4-8 and it looks like about the same this year, maybe worse. That is called BS. Even Bo found a way to win 9 games a season. Scott is not above being questioned. Only fans who sit back and defend the mediocrity are the bad fans.. how dare some of us demand excellence and improvement, especially after Scott set such high expectations for us coming into the season. I'm not a trash fan, you are. Pathetic. (well your math sure is)

Reactions: skintight
it's been over 20 years of this crap. Scott went 4-8 and it looks like about the same this year, maybe worse. That is called BS. Even Bo found a way to win 9 games a season. Scott is not above being questioned. Only fans who sit back and defend the mediocrity are the bad fans.. how dare some of us demand excellence and improvement, especially after Scott set such high expectations for us coming into the season. I'm not a trash fan, you are. Pathetic. (well your math sure is)
Worse? lol, go back to 5th grade math. 4-8 > 4-8?

If you want to call me a trash fan for supporting Frost, go ahead. I'm so fn happy he's the head coach right now, you can't rain on my parade trashy.

we don't need the embarrassment now do we? unless of course you think more practices is what is needed.. I don't believe it has anything to do with practices.
You seem to react to the results of the team kinda like my 4 year old daughter does. She loves the team, won’t cheer for anyone else. But the minute things don’t start going the right way, she gets frustrated and cries or has a fit. I can’t get too frustrated with her because she doesn’t understand the greater things going on that has to happen to make this team better. And....how long that may take. So, I just give her a hug and tell her things will get better. So, if you want a hug, I’m here. Or if you need a cold paci or warm milk.

You seem to react to the results of the team kinda like my 4 year old daughter does. She loves the team, won’t cheer for anyone else. But the minute things don’t start going the right way, she gets frustrated and cries or has a fit. I can’t get too frustrated with her because she doesn’t understand the greater things going on that has to happen to make this team better. And....how long that may take. So, I just give her a hug and tell her things will get better. So, if you want a hug, I’m here. Or if you need a cold paci or warm milk.
p.o.t.y

I keep seeing folks reference 20 years of suckage.

Repeat after me. Scott had nothing to do with it.

We suck pretty good now, and that's his responsibility and a good many folks believe it will get better, even if it takes some time. But he's not going to work on some timeline that's being heavily influence by half of his life he hasn't spent here or spend his time trying to defend his time to a bunch of fans that believe this is year 22 of some Long March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT