ADVERTISEMENT

The case for Keeping Frost

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
Frost has been a huge disappointment, no doubt. It seems like he has been cursed with the lightning game, adrian getting hurt, transfers, penalties, special teams, close losses etc. He's also made some boneheaded mistakes that have led to losses.

Not much has gone well but he has done a few things well. The walk on program is back, husker power was brought back, team councils, etc. I think he can still turn it around.

I think the downside of firing him is greater than the upside of an unknown coach in my opinion. I say give him until next year as the schedule is a bit easier before possibly firing him.

OP, you didn't make any case. All you did is ramble off random excuses like other programs don't have anything to deal with.

Being a head football coach at the P5 level is a results-based profession. Scott Frost has the second-worst winning percentage of anyone that has ever been a head coach at Nebraska. He is very likely to go down as the worst head coach in school history.

He simply is not good.

OP, you didn't make any case. All you did is ramble off random excuses like other programs don't have anything to deal with.

Being a head football coach at the P5 level is a results-based profession. Scott Frost has the second-worst winning percentage of anyone that has ever been a head coach at Nebraska. He is very likely to go down as the worst head coach in school history.

He simply is not good.
Don't be a hypocrite. Don't tell the op he rambled. All you do is ramble off with random shit.

Frost has been a huge disappointment, no doubt. It seems like he has been cursed with the lightning game, adrian getting hurt, transfers, penalties, special teams, close losses etc. He's also made some boneheaded mistakes that have led to losses.

Not much has gone well but he has done a few things well. The walk on program is back, husker power was brought back, team councils, etc. I think he can still turn it around.

I think the downside of firing him is greater than the upside of an unknown coach in my opinion. I say give him until next year as the schedule is a bit easier before possibly firing him.
Too bad you don't care about a winning program at Nebraska. Frost performance is unacceptable and a change is in order.

If he just makes a bowl game I think he keeps his job. Even if he backs into one with 5 wins. But that team better not turn it down or I would say he should go.

I actually can't believe the players voted to not play. That to me is a motivation issue, as in it's so loose goosey around there that no one even wants to play anymore, like it's whatever. That sounds like a $#!++¥ culture.

If he doesn't even make one of the 148433674 bowls that are out there then I'm not gonna lose sleep over losing the worst coach since the 50's.

Aside from the lightning game and Martinez getting hurt, the transfers, penalties, not correcting special teams and close losses are his fault and not really being cursed. He certainly has a chance to get things right and can save his job. Firing him can't be what the school wants to do so they can start everything back over again and pay another coach to not be here.

However at this point it is strictly results and the loss to Illinois is looking more and more inexcusable. Fordham sucks even compared to FCS teams, the Buffalo left a lot to be desired. They need to look competent and look like they are playing the same sport as Oklahoma and he needs to win the toss up games in the middle of the season before last stretch against Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa. He gets this team to 6-7 wins with the remaining schedule he's back, they continue the current path and I'd be hard-pressed to think he's back.

I just hope they keep or fire him based on his performance and not what his name is.

Holla

Reactions: bigboxes and 54T
I was ready to can him after the first game, because we killed ourselves, and I was told thru the off season they got the basics down, cleaned up the mistakes...

but after 2 cupcakes I'm feeling better...

I think I will try to be silent on frosts employment till the end of the season. because it gonna get real, real soon and time will tell.

At some point, Frost’s teams need to start winning the “50/50” games, such as Illinois, more often than they lose them.
It also wouldn’t hurt if they could jump up and upset a couple of teams they aren’t supposed to beat.

Many of the so-called "husker fans" on this site are so negative. (Some are probably Iowa fans).
Look at Tom Landry's record. He didn't bring in a winning record until his 7th year!!!
He is the Cowboys' hero coach for bringing in two Super Bowl wins and several NFC championships. His Fedora is etched into DFW freeway supports.
Then in his last year he was 3-13. Coaching is a feeble job. Firing Frost now and we're back to more and more losing seasons. Patience is the key. Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nu2u and OO Snipes
As was stated earlier, Frost needs to make a case for keeping Frost, and a strong showing against OU would certainly help but it seems pretty unlikely. To do that, the team is going to have play solid for a full game, including limiting penalties and turnovers, eliminating bone-headed plays, having strong special teams play, having a balanced offensive attack including establishing a good running game other than relying on AM, and forcing some turnovers. Since they've struggled to consistently do any of those things well over the 4 seasons since Frost arrived, its really hard to envision the stars suddenly aligning against OU for a positive outcome.

Tom Landry's early coaching career was way before NFL free agency existed. The primary ways to build a roster then were through the draft and trades, so flipping the talent/roster took time. Frost has had 4 recruiting classes and the transfer portal to work with - again, at some point, he has to make his own case for keeping his job. Winning Feb-Aug only goes so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
So sick of the “if Frost can’t do it no one can” narrative. Can we really stomach another losing season? How about a seventh straight loss to the Hawkeyes?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I believe Frost has what It takes. So many close losses while rebuilding the roster. The problem is that we haven't been good for so long that if we don't have a winning season this year and show progress our recruiting may take a huge nosedive and then he won't have the horses to win the race

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT