ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 appears to be too hard for Nebraska

I am all for leaving this conference, if we can return to our roots and our heritage, which is in another conference.

In some ways, the old Nebraska died when we left the big 12, and have been like some new team in a new neighborhood, with no history. It's had an impact.

All that said, there is no chance the administration makes those moves.

The only way something like this happens is if the Big Ten were to kick Nebraska out of the conference.

And to this husker fan, I'd be willing to accept such a fate, if we could return to our roots.. even if that ends up looking like the Big 8 again.

The whole thing sounds delusional to be sure..

Your only other option is to somehow figure out a new mousetrap that works better in this conference and along with recruiting to the point where you build your new history here.

Sadly, the first 10 years have now been written, and you don't get to escape your past, unless you get to move again.

Nebraska has ended the season ranked in the top 25 (#25 and #24) twice since joining the Big 10 and it's not surprising that this occurred during their first 2 years in the conference.

With the Big12 falling apart, would it make sense for them to go back to that league which will no longer have OU or TX?

I seriously think that Nebraska would have a chance to be competitive in a Conference USA type league.

Despite everyone knowing that any accomplishments in the Big 12 are watered down, Nebraska would be able to pretend they'd win in real conferences instead of pretending it's the '90s like they are now.
Wow, another dumb fvck stops by to spew stupidity. How refreshing.

Nebraska didn't win any in it's last 10 yrs of the Big 12. Being in the Big Ten has nothing to do with Nebraska's mediocrity.

Since you brought it up....when is your team winning one?

We might be winning a division championship in 40 minutes or so, but that would mean MN winning, which I will never root for. If that happens, I would say a conference championship is about a 10% chance.

Not great, but it's nice to have a chance and at least be in the conversation.

As far as National Championships go, I would be shocked if it happened in my lifetime. I have high cholesterol and don't exercise.

Good luck moving forward, guys.

I will leave after someone answers how long they anticipate it will be until Nebraska is once again winning championships.
We've won championships and we believe we will be in the hunt again.

These are aspirations Iowans don't even dare to dream.

Nebraska, 5 titles. Iowa, never (ever) True story. Let me know if you'd like me to post some pictures for you to admire

We've won championships and we believe we will be in the hunt again.

These are aspirations Iowans don't even dare to dream.

Nebraska, 5 titles. Iowa, never (ever) True story. Let me know if you'd like me to post some pictures for you to admire
giphy.gif

I'm not trolling at all.

I knew the first instinct would be to feel attacked, but it's not trolling if it's true.

Scott Frost has has as many losing seasons at Nebraska as Kirk Ferentz has in 23 years at Iowa.

Walking away and trying to find a better, less competitive fit wouldn't be the worst idea.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Iowa has lost in Lincoln since you joined the Big 10. As you guys have said over and over again, Iowa is a joke of a program, so I would think this would give you some time for self reflection.

Don't be too proud to look to improve your situation.
I will take my 5 NC's and suck compared to a nothing Iowa team. Beat your chest , you best a 3 win team with a QB that has never started....wow.

Damn I wish Nebraska would have gone to the SEC. At least those guys would be justified in trolling the Husker Board.

These jerk offs get repeatedly cucked in bowl games since forever and thump their chest over a 3 and 9 team in it's worst run since 70 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver
I will take my 5 NC's and suck compared to a nothing Iowa team. Beat your chest , you best a 3 win team with a QB that has never started....wow.
We had a backup play the first half as well.

Oh, look. We won the Big 10 West.

It's fun to win and we'd like to thank Scott Frost for giving up what looked to be an insurmountable halftime lead.

This would not be possible without him and without Nebraska.

Gotta run, guys.

The B1G isn’t too hard for Nebraska. Not being able to recruit Texas and recruit Texas well is too hard for Nebraska.

HS football in Florida, Georgia, California, and some other big states is obviously loaded with talent equal to Texas if not more. But Texas HS football is a religion in much of the same ways as Nebraska Husker football is a religion to the state. When you get kids from Texas they kind of understand the mentality they are coming in to way more than any other HS football state.

and yes schools like IMG academy & Aquinas play big time football talent wise but the communities aren’t as strung up on the football like they are in Katy or southlake or the many other power houses in TX.

it’s extremely important for Nebraska to recruit Texas from a culture standpoint and B1G has made it extremely difficult

I could see your point if teams were blowing Nebraska out of the water each week. Nope, they arent though. But the Little 10 is not a strong conference like you ****s think they are. When the top teams struggle to beat the shitty teams, that does not make the conference strong. Maybe....maybe if the conference were winning national titles......nope they arent. Matter of fact there is only 1 team that even competes for national titles. Sorry but if Ohio State left the Little 10 for the SEC the Little 10 would be ****ed. Thats the school that keeps this conference in contention. The Little 10 started out with like 5 teams in the top 10 until they had to start playing games then they started dropping like flies. And how bout that the shitties division in the power 5 conference (yep the Little 10 West) starts playing, all the west top 10s are gone. Lucky to be in the top 20. Who knows if Nebraska will ever get to a competitive level and play for another Little 10 championship but this conference is not good. Its funny you idiots think that Nebraska being bad is a symptom of the Little 10. Yep we lost to a Big 12 team too. Lost to a Pac-10 school since joining as well actually 2 of them 2 times. Yep its the Little 10 alright. Nope Nebraska just sucks right now.
You truly are stupid

Iowa fans literally came here and posted that their team was "solid" and "not great or good" and "did not deserve to be in the playoffs"

But yet can't realize how every team in the West ranges from crappy to solid. No one in the west is looking up trying to chace UGA or Bama or OSU

Iowa fans literally came here and posted that their team was "solid" and "not great or good" and "did not deserve to be in the playoffs"

But yet can't realize how every team in the West ranges from crappy to solid. No one in the west is looking up trying to chace UGA or Bama or OSU
Well, maybe OSU. They seem to be within reach 😅

Reactions: SuperBigFan
Nebraska has ended the season ranked in the top 25 (#25 and #24) twice since joining the Big 10 and it's not surprising that this occurred during their first 2 years in the conference.

With the Big12 falling apart, would it make sense for them to go back to that league which will no longer have OU or TX?

I seriously think that Nebraska would have a chance to be competitive in a Conference USA type league.

Despite everyone knowing that any accomplishments in the Big 12 are watered down, Nebraska would be able to pretend they'd win in real conferences instead of pretending it's the '90s like they are now.
I am sorry...but this is FREAKING REDICULOUS STINKY!!!! This is why some folks have a bad taste in their mouth for us Iowa fans for cripes sake! What a backhanded statement.

The BIG stature got INFANATLY BETTER when the Huskers joined! If people had been honest back then as to which Blue Blood would be the one we would all want to come in and make the BIG image stronger.....it would have been the Huskers. They will be fine (unfortunately for the rest of us, as soon as next year). Aren't you sick and tired of everybody pissing all over the WEST?! We need the Huskers to be the Huskers again so that the West can get some freaking respect again! I hope like hell that someday soon our game with BIG Red is for all the marbles EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!!! Lets make this happen!!!!!

I am sorry...but this is FREAKING REDICULOUS STINKY!!!! This is why some folks have a bad taste in their mouth for us Iowa fans for cripes sake! What a backhanded statement.

The BIG stature got INFANATLY BETTER when the Huskers joined! If people had been honest back then as to which Blue Blood would be the one we would all want to come in and make the BIG image stronger.....it would have been the Huskers. They will be fine (unfortunately for the rest of us, as soon as next year). Aren't you sick and tired of everybody pissing all over the WEST?! We need the Huskers to be the Huskers again so that the West can get some freaking respect again! I hope like hell that someday soon our game with BIG Red is for all the marbles EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!!! Lets make this happen!!!!!

anchorman-steve-carell.gif

Nobody will ever respect the big ten. It's the shit situation that we also have to now deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman34
So, what exactly do you want to have happen with the Huskers?

I want them back in the Big XII or the SEC. Until that time, I will talk shit about them, the same way I talk shit about all the other big ten teams (almost).

Anything the Huskers do in the big ten is diminished for me. I couldn't even get excited for them winning the baseball conference title, and I love baseball.

So what I want to happen, is for them to leave the big ten. Until then, I don't really care how well they do, or what they do. Sure I want them to win, but it's still eh, even when they do.

I want them back in the Big XII or the SEC. Until that time, I will talk shit about them, the same way I talk shit about all the other big ten teams (almost).

Anything the Huskers do in the big ten is diminished for me. I couldn't even get excited for them winning the baseball conference title, and I love baseball.

So what I want to happen, is for them to leave the big ten. Until then, I don't really care how well they do, or what they do. Sure I want them to win, but it's still eh, even when they do.
Come on.....You REALLY want them back in the new Big 12? REALLY? Look, I can ABSOLUTLY see yearning to go back if you had the old Big 12 intact (minus those turds from Texas). But, would you really want to go back after Texas and Ok leave? That conference might not exist in a few years with the group that is left. Cincinnati is not going to ever really be a power. Now, I guess I could see you wanting the SEC so that you could follow Texas and Ok. But, I have always viewed the Husker history better then them and believe it will come back. But, if that is really what you want....ok.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Come on.....You REALLY want them back in the new Big 12? REALLY? Look, I can ABSOLUTLY see yearning to go back if you had the old Big 12 intact (minus those turds from Texas). But, would you really want to go back after Texas and Ok leave? That conference might not exist in a few years with the group that is left. Cincinnati is not going to ever really be a power. Now, I guess I could see you wanting the SEC so that you could follow Texas and Ok. But, I have always viewed the Husker history better then them and believe it will come back. But, if that is really what you want....ok.

I forgot cincinnati was going to the Big XII, that does diminish it a little. Cincinnati and west Virginia should go to the big ten or acc. They don't fit in the Big XII.

I don't care about Texas or Oklahoma leaving. I like the other Texas teams.

I care about Nebraska, and getting back to a cultural fit, a traditional fit, bring back the passion. All the passion was lost when we joined the big ten, every game has become meaningless, other than winning to win.

It is really what I want. We couldn't have ended up in a worse conference, unless it were the Mac.

lol @ Nebraska being a “fit” for a conference consisting of a few private TX schools with fan bases so small, they can’t seem to fill out their small 45k seat stadiums. Your assertion that West Virgina belongs in the Big 10 clearly indicates that you’re not familiar with with the culture and reputation of any of the Big 10 universities.

The Big 10 is the superior conference in so many ways, this shouldn’t even be a discussion. Are you even a Nebraska alum?

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
lol @ Nebraska being a “fit” for a conference consisting of a few private TX schools with fan bases so small, they can’t seem to fill out their small 45k seat stadiums. Your assertion that West Virgina belongs in the Big 10 clearly indicates that you’re not familiar with with the culture and reputation of any of the Big 10 universities.

The Big 10 is the superior conference in so many ways, this shouldn’t even be a discussion. Are you even a Nebraska alum?
I have to agree...there is NO WAY this could be a serious post. What kind of "Tradition" would you get back with ANYONE left in the new Big 12. I am sure that your EPIC games with Kansas would draw more viewers then playing....say Minnesota. With all respect....you HAVE to be a troll and not a true Husker fan.

I have to agree...there is NO WAY this could be a serious post. What kind of "Tradition" would you get back with ANYONE left in the new Big 12. I am sure that your EPIC games with Kansas would draw more viewers then playing....say Minnesota. With all respect....you HAVE to be a troll and not a true Husker fan.

I don't know if he is a Husker fan or not, but I would rather Nebraska play those Texas schools than the teams in the current division.

Who cares what kind of viewership numbers the game gets. I don't like a team because "America" watches the game.

I don't know if he is a Husker fan or not, but I would rather Nebraska play those Texas schools than the teams in the current division.

Who cares what kind of viewership numbers the game gets. I don't like a team because "America" watches the game.
As I said, couldn't be a true Husker fan...no WAY would the majority of Huskers fans rather play Baylor and TT then Minn, Wisc, Minn or heck...even the Hawks. NO WAY. LOL!!

What makes conferences great for fans have more to do with the trips than the teams.

My guess is that OSU fans enjoy playing in bloomington, they know the campus, they can get tickets, it is a shorter trip...is it a big game? Not usually, is it an important game, just to the fans that can enjoy it.

It was like NU playing at KU, short trip, nice place, easy day trip if you wanted to do that, easy tickets...it was sort of a weekend getaway. Same with KSU and ISU and Mizzo...

It creates an atmosphere of easy fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT