ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 appears to be too hard for Nebraska

Dec 28, 2006
Nebraska has ended the season ranked in the top 25 (#25 and #24) twice since joining the Big 10 and it's not surprising that this occurred during their first 2 years in the conference.

With the Big12 falling apart, would it make sense for them to go back to that league which will no longer have OU or TX?

I seriously think that Nebraska would have a chance to be competitive in a Conference USA type league.

Despite everyone knowing that any accomplishments in the Big 12 are watered down, Nebraska would be able to pretend they'd win in real conferences instead of pretending it's the '90s like they are now.

I'm not trolling at all.

I knew the first instinct would be to feel attacked, but it's not trolling if it's true.

Scott Frost has has as many losing seasons at Nebraska as Kirk Ferentz has in 23 years at Iowa.

Walking away and trying to find a better, less competitive fit wouldn't be the worst idea.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Iowa has lost in Lincoln since you joined the Big 10. As you guys have said over and over again, Iowa is a joke of a program, so I would think this would give you some time for self reflection.

Don't be too proud to look to improve your situation.

I'm not trolling at all.

I knew the first instinct would be to feel attacked, but it's not trolling if it's true.

Scott Frost has has as many losing seasons at Nebraska as Kirk Ferentz has in 23 years at Iowa.

Walking away and trying to find a better, less competitive fit wouldn't be the worst idea.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Iowa has lost in Lincoln since you joined the Big 10. As you guys have said over and over again, Iowa is a joke of a program, so I would think this would give you some time for self reflection.

GTFO. We are the victims of some horrible AD hires who also made bad coaching hires. It's going to correct itself.

Frost is not the right guy. We'll suffer with him one more year and then bring in a program builder.

Our problem is that we expect to vault to 10 win seasons pronto.

Callahan was a bad fit/rebound hire. Pelini was an immature hot head that undervalued recruiting. Riley was a lovable loser, and Frost is a shortcut taking gimicky scheme master.

We need someone to rebuild the foundation and develop players.

I'm not trolling at all.

I could see your point if teams were blowing Nebraska out of the water each week. Nope, they arent though. But the Little 10 is not a strong conference like you ****s think they are. When the top teams struggle to beat the shitty teams, that does not make the conference strong. Maybe....maybe if the conference were winning national titles......nope they arent. Matter of fact there is only 1 team that even competes for national titles. Sorry but if Ohio State left the Little 10 for the SEC the Little 10 would be ****ed. Thats the school that keeps this conference in contention. The Little 10 started out with like 5 teams in the top 10 until they had to start playing games then they started dropping like flies. And how bout that the shitties division in the power 5 conference (yep the Little 10 West) starts playing, all the west top 10s are gone. Lucky to be in the top 20. Who knows if Nebraska will ever get to a competitive level and play for another Little 10 championship but this conference is not good. Its funny you idiots think that Nebraska being bad is a symptom of the Little 10. Yep we lost to a Big 12 team too. Lost to a Pac-10 school since joining as well actually 2 of them 2 times. Yep its the Little 10 alright. Nope Nebraska just sucks right now.

GTFO. We are the victims of some horrible AD hires who also made bad coaching hires. It's going to correct itself.

Frost is not the right guy. We'll suffer with him one more year and then bring in a program builder.

Our problem is that we expect to vault to 10 win seasons pronto.

Callahan was a bad fit/rebound hire. Pelini was an immature hot head that undervalued recruiting. Riley was a lovable loser, and Frost is a shortcut taking gimicky scheme master.

We need someone to rebuild the foundation and develop players.
Iowa lost in Lincoln the first year Nebraska was in the conference.

Nebraska has been on a downhill slide since pass happy....doesn't matter what conferance.

I could see your point if teams were blowing Nebraska out of the water each week. Nope, they arent though. But the Little 10 is not a strong conference like you ****s think they are. When the top teams struggle to beat the shitty teams, that does not make the conference strong. Maybe....maybe if the conference were winning national titles......nope they arent. Matter of fact there is only 1 team that even competes for national titles. Sorry but if Ohio State left the Little 10 for the SEC the Little 10 would be ****ed. Thats the school that keeps this conference in contention. The Little 10 started out with like 5 teams in the top 10 until they had to start playing games then they started dropping like flies. And how bout that the shitties division in the power 5 conference (yep the Little 10 West) starts playing, all the west top 10s are gone. Lucky to be in the top 20. Who knows if Nebraska will ever get to a competitive level and play for another Little 10 championship but this conference is not good. Its funny you idiots think that Nebraska being bad is a symptom of the Little 10. Yep we lost to a Big 12 team too. Lost to a Pac-10 school since joining as well actually 2 of them 2 times. Yep its the Little 10 alright. Nope Nebraska just sucks right now.
The top teams seem to beat the shitty teams all the time. I think Iowa has won 7 in a row against the shittiest team. I think everyone but Northwestern beat the shittiest team this year. The goal is to win, not win by 30.

Maybe that's where you guys are thinking wrong and it's hurting your in game strategy.

Also, please define "right now."

Nebraska has ended the season ranked in the top 25 (#25 and #24) twice since joining the Big 10 and it's not surprising that this occurred during their first 2 years in the conference.

With the Big12 falling apart, would it make sense for them to go back to that league which will no longer have OU or TX?

I seriously think that Nebraska would have a chance to be competitive in a Conference USA type league.

Despite everyone knowing that any accomplishments in the Big 12 are watered down, Nebraska would be able to pretend they'd win in real conferences instead of pretending it's the '90s like they are now.
Utter Nonsense. This is ALL about coaching. If there is one thing this 25 year journey of being the best team in Power 5 to the worst team in the Power 5 has taught me, is how important coaching is. You can take poor facilities, low fan support, mediocre recruits ... but with good coaching, you can have great success. But take great facilities, great recruiting and great fan support, and broken coaching, you will surely fail. Conferences have nothing to do with where NU is. It's one head coaching mistake after another that got us here.

I agree, please let us leave the big ten. I'd take last place in the sec every year over being in the boring nerd conference.

I don't care what the optics are, let the nerds make fun of us for leaving, I accept their ire.

My Husker fandom fell off with the announcement of the big ten move, every game in the big ten is like we are playing kansas, kansas state, or iowa state. Just boring matchups every game. I live in Lincoln, and have been to more Texas Tech games this year than Husker games. And Husker tickets were free all season.

Please send a letter/email to murder city, and let the big ten "big wigs" know that Nebraska is leaving for the Big XII.

thank-you-saul-silver.gif

I'm not trolling at all.

Well Stinky, your name says it all. What have your glorious Hawks done except beat bad Nebraska teams? The answer is nothing. The answer will always be nothing because Iowa is happy with being mediocre in the B1G. Iowa is never is the best in the West. Iowa never beats the best in the East to win the B1G Championship.

With that said I would never want Nebraska to be like Iowa.

(yawn)

Thanks for thinking about us ........ again

No they don't. It's a different landscape, and most rational people live in the present.

The "landscape," whatever that means, still makes the weakened and reorganized Big XII the equal of the larger and better-funded Big Ten. In the AP Poll RIGHT NOW there are five Big Ten teams ranked, and five teams from the future Big XII after Oklahoma and Texas leave. Even with two of the most historic programs leaving the Big XII, it is still the equal of the Big Ten.

Big Ten sycophants love to think the conference is so powerful because it is old and has lots of history. Meanwhile, programs like Baylor have done more on the actual field than the majority of Big Ten teams over the last decade. No one cares about the dotting of the "i" at Ohio or Red Grange at Illinois. The Rose Bowl is just one of dozens of bowl games. It doesn't make the Big Ten special. It makes it an aging old jock sitting on a dusty recliner talking about the good ol' days.

In fact, looking at the weak leadership, policies that actually hurt competitiveness, and demographic changes, it is clear that the Big Ten is the football equivalent of Amtrak.

It really burns up Iowa fans that the Big Ten is not more competitive than the Big XII. It was their go-to excuse for 20 years when Nebraska was winning championships and they were proud of 5th place finishes.
20 years ago? Typical of a Nebraskan.

What has Nebraska accomplished since they joined the B1G?

Hint: Not very much.

Reactions: jonmartn
I agree, please let us leave the big ten. I'd take last place in the sec every year over being in the boring nerd conference.

I don't care what the optics are, let the nerds make fun of us for leaving, I accept their ire.

My Husker fandom fell off with the announcement of the big ten move, every game in the big ten is like we are playing kansas, kansas state, or iowa state. Just boring matchups every game. I live in Lincoln, and have been to more Texas Tech games this year than Husker games. And Husker tickets were free all season.

Please send a letter/email to murder city, and let the big ten "big wigs" know that Nebraska is leaving for the Big XII.

thank-you-saul-silver.gif
Playing in the Big 10 West is worse than playing Kansas, Kansas State, or Iowa State - we at least had over 100 years of history with those teams; being in the Big 10 West is like playing an entire slate of boring non-conference games (I certainly started getting offered free tickets far more often after joining the Big 10 - and I usually turned them down - I simply didn't want to blow an entire Saturday watching us play a team like Purdue).

Playing in the Big 10 West is worse than playing Kansas, Kansas State, or Iowa State - we at least had over 100 years of history with those teams; being in the Big 10 West is like playing an entire slate of boring non-conference games (I certainly started getting offered free tickets far more often after joining the Big 10 - and I usually turned them down - I simply didn't want to blow an entire Saturday watching us play a team like Purdue).

I couldn't agree more. It feels like all of our games are meaningless in many ways now (other than winning for winning sake).

It sucks to have lost all the tradition, all the passion, just everything that made college football meaningful.

Yes, I want Nebraska to win, but even when we do, it's not as exciting.

Since 1970, the Shit 10 Conference has won a total of 4 football National Championships. 1 for meatchicken and 3 for Ohio State. Yes please tell me how tough this shitty conference is. Thats how bad Frost is that he can only win 1 game in this shithole.

What has the entirety of the Big Ten accomplished the last 30 years? Not much. It is Ohio State and nobody. Without Ohio State the Big Ten is the elite football equivalent of the Sun Belt.
Stay focused.

What has Nebraska accomplished? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing other than a trail of coaches that they pay for 5 years after they leave.

Iowa State would thump Nebraska right now. If you guys ever win enough games to go to a bowl game again, that's a matchup I'd like to see.

Iowa State would thump Nebraska right now. If you guys ever win enough games to go to a bowl game again, that's a matchup I'd like to see.

Yea maybe. As long as it's Big XII play, then it's all good.

You wouldn't have won a single NC if you'd been in the Big Ten from the beginning.
And how many times had your parents dropped you on your head during your childhood?
No less than 100 times my guess..

If the Big 10 hand any balls they would have played for national championships instead of playing in the Rose Bowl games when Penn St joined the conference.

1995 and 1971 were two of the greatest teams in college football according too plenty of college football historians…

Last edited:
I'm not trolling at all.

GTFO . I’m glad you are so proud of your racist, player abusing coach that has never won anything. But no one here cares what you think.

Stay focused.

What has Nebraska accomplished? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing other than a trail of coaches that they pay for 5 years after they leave.

Do you really want to compare accomplishments of Nebraska and Iowa the last 30 years? You Iowa fans are a special kind of stupid.

This is hilarious.

Nebraska couldn't wait to get out of the Big 12 because of Texas.

Now they want to go back, becauses the B1G beats them like a drum.

I never wanted out. Dickhead TO was butthurt about the 1 second being put back on the clock, and the move of the Big XII office from KC.

Most people I know were not excited. And I know many like me who now just follow different teams, because we can't bring ourselves to watch big ten sports.

I spent my entire life being bored by the big ten, I'm not going to suddenly be stoked on it, just because some asshole moved my team to the conference.

Reactions: headcard
I'm not trolling at all.

So you admit it?

Reactions: headcard
I never wanted out. Dickhead TO was butthurt about the 1 second being put back on the clock, and the move of the Big XII office from KC.

Most people I know were not excited. And I know many like me who now just follow different teams, because we can't bring ourselves to watch big ten sports.

I spent my entire life being bored by the big ten, I'm not going to suddenly be stoked on it, just because some asshole moved my team to the conference.
I was never excited about it because thee road games are sooooo far away and because the scheduling makes no sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT