ADVERTISEMENT

The Best Year BY a Husker Since Pelini?

Riled Up

Walk On
Oct 13, 2019
Torn between Suh's Senior and Taylor Martinez's Junior year. I think I'd need to give it to Taylor, because people forget how close he was to contending for the Heisman.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Torn between Suh's Senior and Taylor Martinez's Freshman year. I think I'd need to give it to Taylor, because people forget how close he was to winning the Heisman.
Excellent point. I remember Martinez sitting as a finalist in New York... oh, wait... it was Suh that was a finalist and came so close to winning the heisman.

Never mind. Your posts continue to suck.

Excellent point. I remember Martinez sitting as a finalist in New York... oh, wait... it was Suh that was a finalist and came so close to winning the heisman.

Never mind. Your posts continue to suck.
I take it you disagree. I enjoyed watching Taylor slightly more and thought he preformed better that season, we just lacked the team success for him to be a Heisman contender.

Reactions: bshirt73
I take it you disagree. I enjoyed watching Taylor slightly more and thought he preformed better that season, we just lacked the team success for him to be a Heisman contender.
Taylor was more exciting, I'll give you that. I Still have to say the best season was Suh by a mile.

Reactions: Red I 73
Just curious how Taylor came “so close to winning a heisman” but Suh doesn’t get mentioned for being a heisman finalist.

I loved watching Taylor his freshman year. But Suh by a mile.

Just curious how Taylor came “so close to winning a heisman” but Suh doesn’t get mentioned for being a heisman finalist.

I loved watching Taylor his freshman year. But Suh by a mile.
Because Suh had a better team around him which allowed his tea mo be successful enough to contend for a Heisman. Not making it less impressive, but everyone knows what he did. People forget that Taylor was top 10 very late in the season before the annual late season collapse.

Reactions: timnsun
Torn between Suh's Senior and Taylor Martinez's Freshman year. I think I'd need to give it to Taylor, because people forget how close he was to winning the Heisman.

Taylor was B1G Player of the Year his Jr year, so I would put that above his Freshman year.

Still I would go:

1) Suh Sr season

2) Lavonte Sr season
3) TM Jr season

Honorable Mention: Ammer Sr, Randy Gregory Sr, Crick Jr, Prince Sr, Morgan Sr.

Because Suh had a better team around him which allowed his tea mo be successful enough to contend for a Heisman. Not making it less impressive, but everyone knows what he did. People forget that Taylor was top 10 very late in the season before the annual late season collapse.
No he didn’t. The 2010 Nebraska team was more complete and more talented than the 2009 team. Suh just made that defense amazing.

Reactions: CatColumbia

Disagree. Suh had a better group of defenders around him but the team overall wasn't better.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Suh also had the benefit of playing next to Crick who was WAY underrated. That was probably the best tandem of defensive tackles we've had in my lifetime.
I’ll never forget that game Crick had against Baylor, talk about a one man wrecking crew! His injury his senior year really, really hurt. Losing an All-American DT is never good, but losing him our first year in the B1G, ouch.

I’ll never forget that game Crick had against Baylor, talk about a one man wrecking crew! His injury his senior year really, really hurt. Losing an All-American DT is never good, but losing him our first year in the B1G, ouch.

Imagine if we had Crick and Suh both as seniors at the same time and both healthy. Who wins the trophy in that scenario?

——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——
Zavier Betts, Keyshawn Greene, Cam Jurgens.

Suh is technically before Bo and so is Crick. Both were recruited and coached under Billy C. Bo inherited their talents. Bo probably wouldn’t have offered Jared. He’d have likely found some Cotton kid in his place

——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——

Suh is technically before Bo and so is Crick. Both were recruited and coached under Billy C. Bo inherited their talents. Bo probably wouldn’t have offered Jared. He’d have likely found some Cotton kid in his place
Or worse.

Reactions: spinner4
Maybe Zac Lee’s spring of ‘09...for him anyways. Everyone was putting him up as the 2nd coming and he hadn’t even had to play real football yet. Life had to be sweet for him.

Then he sucked ass and was essentially the single reason Nebraska somehow lost more than one game. Fall probably wasn’t as good for him.

2010 was the best team we’ve had since 2001.
Yep, but what a bizarre season. Some nice wins against good teams, but man were the loses that season heartbreaking. Losing at home to Texas, when we were in the Top 5, the screw-job at aTm, blowing a big lead in the Big 12 title game and laying an egg in the bowl game, against a team we dominated early in the season.

Off the top of my head I would say the following:

Suh 2009
Lavonte David 2011
Lavonte David 2010
Taylor Martinez 2012
Ameer Abdullah 2014
Rex Burkhead 2011
Randy Gregory 2013

Reactions: headcard
Off the top of my head I would say the following:

Suh 2009
Lavonte David 2011
Lavonte David 2010
Taylor Martinez 2012
Ameer Abdullah 2014
Rex Burkhead 2011
Randy Gregory 2013

In 2010 Prince Amukamara was the Big 12 DPOY and unanimous 1st Team All-American. Also in 2010, Crick was 1st Team All-Big 12 and 2nd Team All-American and Alex Henery was 1st Team All-American.

Really makes you wonder how we didn’t do more in 2009-211. We also had guys like Haag, Gomes, Dennard, Helu that were All-Conference players.

Last edited:
In 2010 Prince Amukamara was the Big 12 DPOY and unanimous 1st Team All-American. Also in 2010, Crick was 1st Team All-Big 12 and 2nd Team All-American and Alex Henery was 1st Team All-American.

Really makes you wonder how we didn’t do more in 2009-211. We also had guys like Haag, Gomes, Dennard, Helu that were All-Conference players.
we hit the self-imposed ceiling of our Cro-Magnon coach

Reactions: headcard
——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——
——Spoiler Alert——

And they weren't doing sh!t under Klownahan and Cosgrove either just like the rest of the defense.....

Reactions: spinner4
ADVERTISEMENT