ADVERTISEMENT

The barking Sark New Hire Poll

Sark hire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tom Herman was supposed to have a really good offensive mind which was demonstrated at OC for Ohio State. Now to Sark. Seems pretty meh. And throwing away money for the same talent level of coach, imo.

My second favorite team is whoever is playing Oklahoma. Well, that used to be the sentiment when they were our rivals. UT may feel entitled, but OU cheated like a mofo.
Sooner Magic always felt like that I remember

Reactions: 54T
He will have access. That's a nice way to frame it.

I’ll bet you a six pack of your favorite beverage that in 2021 Sark has a better offense measured by ypg, ypp or whatever metric you wish and will have more wins that Herman did this year. I’ll make it 12 pack if Texas doesn’t play in Big 12 title game.

Reactions: WHCSC
I’ll bet you a six pack of your favorite beverage that in 2021 Sark has a better offense measured by ypg, ypp or whatever metric you wish and will have more wins that Herman did this year. I’ll make it 12 pack if Texas doesn’t play in Big 12 title game.

That's fine. I don't really care. I'm a Husker fan.

Who is Texas' starting QB next year?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I've kind of rooted for Texas ever since Mack Brown took over. Mackovic prior to him was an a-hole, but since then I've respected their head coaches. It kind of seems like they went back to Mackovic with this hire.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I’m betting he’s overcome his demons and will do very well at texas
Without Saban breathing down his neck I wouldn't bet on it. There will be plenty of opportunity for college girls, pot and booze in Austin. I think this move was one of the dumber things I've ever seen. The reasoning for firing Herman I've seen according to insiders is that "some players didn't like the way he coached them". Meaning he's a hard ass. He's got probably the best freshman RB I've seen at Texas since Earl Campbell or Bo at Auburn back in the day. I guess I'm not shocked that Texas would do something like this but man I think it was a mistake. Sark is walking in to a plethora of talent for sure.

Herman no doubt will land on his feet. He's gets a 15 million buyout though so I'm not sure he'll be in a hurry to land a job. I would take him a heartbeat to be our OC. Good coach IMO.

I've kind of rooted for Texas ever since Mack Brown took over. Mackovic prior to him was an a-hole, but since then I've respected their head coaches. It kind of seems like they went back to Mackovic with this hire.
With Sark? I wouldn't have touched Sark with a ten foot pole. Good coach probably when he's not drinking but man he was a mess at USC. I'm not sure he will be able to handle the pressure at UT.

Without Saban breathing down his neck I wouldn't bet on it. There will be plenty of opportunity for college girls, pot and booze in Austin. I think this move was one of the dumber things I've ever seen. The reasoning for firing Herman I've seen according to insiders is that "some players didn't like the way he coached them". Meaning he's a hard ass. He's got probably the best freshman RB I've seen at Texas since Earl Campbell or Bo at Auburn back in the day. I guess I'm not shocked that Texas would do something like this but man I think it was a mistake. Sark is walking in to a plethora of talent for sure.

Herman no doubt will land on his feet. He's gets a 15 million buyout though so I'm not sure he'll be in a hurry to land a job. I would take him a heartbeat to be our OC. Good coach IMO.
agree totally

If Sark is coming along you better make it a 30pak....Eek I wonder if he'll coach em up in the WCO? He had some good offenses in the Pac12. Good QB coach I think. Still I would be concerned about his addictions if I were the UT brass.

• Haha
So...they hired a guy that could not handle the USC boosters that are all "woke" and don't party but now he is at UT where those boosters start drinking at noon and have a T-Bone steak and potatoes for freaking lunch.

This is AWESOME!

They should have got Kiffen, that dude loves to chat, loves to shake hands and meet people, loves to party.

Lot of good breweries in Austin. I think it will be a good match.
sex drugs and rock and roll baby. The story was that it wasn't just booze that he had a problem with on the west coast. He blamed his one booster rant on a combination of alcohol and a "prescription medicine" at one point.

sex drugs and rock and roll baby. The story was that it wasn't just booze that he had a problem with on the west coast. He blamed his one booster rant on a combination of alcohol and a "prescription medicine" at one point.
Yes I heard that too, a high tolerance alcoholic don't get that kinda drunk without some pills.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT