ADVERTISEMENT

The bad losses are one thing. The recruiting is a bigger concern

Small class, but what moron of a recruit worth a salt would want to play for Frost at this point?

They know as well as we do that he is a dead man walking. Frost is lazy anyways and certainly won’t take the time to build the relationships needed to bring in a decent class.

Reactions: TheBeav815
It's sort of amazing to me that there isn't more being made of this. Not only is this season bad, but it looks like it's only going to be worse.

Screw the namby-pamby recruits. Need a team full of Chads.

aaf.png

Don't you know your history? Nebraska won three championships in four years using only two-star recruits and walk-ons. Tommie Frazier only had one other scholarship offer, from Emily Dickinson College as a long-snapper.

It's sort of amazing to me that there isn't more being made of this. Not only is this season bad, but it looks like it's only going to be worse.
If coaches perceive that they are quite possibly going to lose their jobs, the LAST thing that they are going to do is recruit hard in-season for kids that will play for the coaches that are replacing them. Callahan's staff did it, Pelini's staff did it twice, and now Frost's staff will do it. It's another reason why constant coaching turnover is a main pillar of losing programs.

Well, for the last 3 years I didn’t think we had the horses. Now I feel like we do, and the guy wrenching L’s keep piling up. Recruiting isn’t the biggest issue with this program. We have a top 20 team that suits up every week with a bottom 5 coach and the worst special teams I have ever seen.

NU should sell the offensive coaches booth conversation video/audio during the game, after them coaches get fired...like it was with callahan, bo, riley etc....so a fan could get a glimpse into the pass happy mind set behind these piling up defeats.

Reactions: Cadecamdyn
Frost’s staff puts in at least 80-90 hour weeks. They may be misguided and may have been ripe for the heavy demands of the NU job, but they’re not lazy men
Looks like that’s true for the defensive staff.

If this offensive staff is putting in 80-90 hours a week and getting these results...wow

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Well, if they are putting in 80 hours a week for these results, I'd say you still didn't put in enough time. (168 hrs/week) - (7 × 8hrs sleep) = 112 hrs. What are they doing for the remaining 32 hrs/week? Oh wait.. minus the crappy 4 hours for the game. What are they doing for the remaining 28 hrs/week?

It's like when I told my son to scrub the kitchen floor while my wife and I were gone. We returned home and him replying "yes, I did scrub the floor" (clearly, he did not) I replied "Well, I guess from now on, you will have to scrub it twice." He says "Oh? Why is that?" I said "Clearly, just going over it one time didn't get it clean enough. So, from now on you will do it twice"

So, if it is 80 hours a week. We're gonna need you to do 160 hrs/week. Smh.

I probably sugarcoated my estimation, posting so late. Being a D1 coach in any Power 5 conference, you’re arriving at the offices in the dark and leaving them in the dark. Most days are 5AM - 10/11PM.

I’m just as frustrated with everything that about the offensive staff and special teams and what leads up to these mind-numbing losses, but you can not know what you’re doing and still be a hard ass worker. We’ll see what Alberts does at the end of the season.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Me either. But I know nothing beyond internet gossip. What is the truth?
Yeah, I did hear he got picked up for DUI, but cops let him off and drove him home. We all have heard about Davidson's bar and all the screwing around, I don't know how much is true but with that much smoke???
The bigger issue is the guy is not power 5 coaching material. He is way past being a slow learner at 5 mil a year.

Bob Devaney had a mistress driving around in a gold Corvette, and was frequently found at the American Embassy theater on "O" Street. Unless it is part of your job responsibilities (clergy preaching morality, for example), what you do in your personal life has no bearing on your performance appraisal. Are you succeeding at the job for which you were hired? Strong marriage or not, hard worker or not, Frost is winning just four games a year.

Yeah, I did hear he got picked up for DUI, but cops let him off and drove him home. We all have heard about Davidson's bar and all the screwing around, I don't know how much is true but with that much smoke???
The bigger issue is the guy is not power 5 coaching material. He is way past being a slow learner at 5 mil a year.
Wat, Davidson owns a bar? that’s news to my ears!

If coaches perceive that they are quite possibly going to lose their jobs, the LAST thing that they are going to do is recruit hard in-season for kids that will play for the coaches that are replacing them. Callahan's staff did it, Pelini's staff did it twice, and now Frost's staff will do it. It's another reason why constant coaching turnover is a main pillar of losing programs.
Scott Frost is a major pillar of losing programs.

Bob Devaney had a mistress driving around in a gold Corvette, and was frequently found at the American Embassy theater on "O" Street. Unless it is part of your job responsibilities (clergy preaching morality, for example), what you do in your personal life has no bearing on your performance appraisal. Are you succeeding at the job for which you were hired? Strong marriage or not, hard worker or not, Frost is winning just four games a year.
I agree…don’t really care much what Frost does in his private life but I do care very much how he performs as Nebraska’s HC and the results (to-date) point to poor to very poor.

Reactions: scarletred
I agree…don’t really care much what Frost does in his private life but I do care very much how he performs as Nebraska’s HC and the results (to-date) point to poor to very poor.
You guys are dumb. I don't know if this is true or not, but if your marriage and family are falling apart because you're a philanderer, that takes a toll on your professional life. No one's ever heard of happy wife, happy life?

This is what I was trying to articulate. I know I’m coming across as defending Frost and his staff’s worth ethic (I personally believe he’s a good man, knowing several people who have interacted with him off the field - and I’m not sure who started the womanizer rumors because trying to tear a family apart is just plain evil). I just won’t buy any vowels thinking Frost being lazy has any pop to that claim. And, I’m perfectly behind what you said. If he can’t get the screws tightened up and team buttoned up to get to 6 wins this year, I’m all for Trev needing to do what is necessary.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
You guys are dumb. I don't know if this is true or not, but if your marriage and family are falling apart because you're a philanderer, that takes a toll on your professional life. No one's ever heard of happy wife, happy life?
Yes…if he’s doing a poor job … no matter what the reason I care. I don’t condone him having an affair but so many rumors etc…hard to know exactly where the exact truth lies. But like Devaney, Clinton, JFK, Trump…etc…in the end I just want them to perform their duties well.

Reactions: HuskerDana
The guys we do have lined up look good to me. It doesn't matter because it will change when Frost gets the boot.

Don't you know your history? Nebraska won three championships in four years using only two-star recruits and walk-ons. Tommie Frazier only had one other scholarship offer, from Emily Dickinson College as a long-snapper.

Almost had me there...

Don't worry OP, keeping Frost after a 4th straight losing season will somehow magically provide better-recruiting results.

These Frost lovers don't have any clue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT