ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G West, since 2014

For 4 years, it was Wisconsin's defense winning the West, but the Badgers are 3-4 against Northwestern over the past 7 seasons now.

It appears Northwestern, with a better QB, is the front-runner, unless some dynamic happens over the next three games, to win their second West title in three years.

Iowa got there one year, 2015. Seeking their 6th straight over Huskers, after winning their 6th straight over Minnesota and ending 6 straight losing streak over Penn State.

Nebraska did win a Legends title in 2012, only to get hammered by Wisconsin, the Leaders #1 in 2012 Big Ten Championship Game.

Heading into Black Friday, where is the Blackshirts tradition in this century quite frankly?

It has happened once again. This time to Scott Frost's Husker team.

Regardless of the records, Nebraska at Iowa should be a great game. Two rivals, and if the Hawkeyes allow the Huskers to hang around, it will be hard to reach an historic 6 straight, like against Minnesota.

QB - both teams have not seen outstanding QB play. Iowa's new starter is improving, but still inconsistent.

After seeing what Illinois did today, what can we expect on Black Friday?

Reactions: birdforbogey
The reality today, it's 2020 and we are in the 10th season of Iowa and Nebraska playing together in the Big Ten Conference. Neither team has won a conference title lately.

In 1987, I was living in Nebraska and married my wife of 33 years, who was born and raised in the Cornhusker state, like my grandfather.

Ten years later, we all enjoyed this Husker classic. While I have always been a Big Ten first guy, I was happy to see the Huskers win this one and finish tied with Michigan for #1 that season.

Big Ten football is where the Huskers and Hawkeyes are together. It has brought families together like nothing previous to 2011.

Heroes Game 10 is Friday noon on Fox!

The info above isn’t even accurate.
Wisconsin was 3rd in the Leaders. 1 and 2 OSU and PSU were ineligible for the title game so 3rd place Wisconsin got to go. I was there in Lucas Oil at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT