ADVERTISEMENT

That Was Fun . . .

BuffaLaw8487

Nov 15, 2004
. . . well, a lot less fun for you guys, but that was a big-time college game-day atmosphere that is sorely lacking in the PAC 12. And yeah, it's no fun losing a game where you feel you outplayed the other guy but . . . join the club. We've got jackets. 4 words: Alex Henery in 2008. JJ Flannigan dropping the ball with nobody near him in 1988. You guys have stomped on my aorta plenty of times.

Anyway, I hope Martinez is OK. That kid is a major league talent and CU was scrambling to figure him out . And clearly, playing CSU was not much preparation for Nebraska's OL and DL's - I doubt we'll see much better in the PAC 12. CU did some adjusting at halftime and stemmed the tide a bit, but that was a little culture shock.

Not playing Akron I think benefited you guys. NU obviously broke down the CSU tape and knew what was coming. CU had next to no idea what NU had (has) under the hood . CU just has a couple of guys who made plays under the gun. Great game. Good luck.

See you in Boulder.

Last edited:
. . . well, a lot less fun for you guys, but that was a big-time college game-day atmosphere that is sorely lacking in the PAC 12. And yeah, it's no fun losing a game where you feel you outplayed the other guy but . . . join the club. We've got jackets. 2 words: Alex Henery in 2008. JJ Flannigan dropping the ball with nobody near him in 1988. You guys have stomped on my aorta plenty of times.

Anyway, I hope Martinez is OK. That kid is a major league talent and CU was scrambling to figure him out . And clearly, playing CSU was not much preparation for Nebraska's OL and DL's - I doubt we'll see much better in the PAC 12. CU did some adjusting at halftime and stemmed the tide a bit, but that was a little culture shock.

Not playing Akron I think benefited you guys. NU obviously broke down the CSU tape and knew what was coming. CU had next to no idea what NU had (has) under the hood . CU just has a couple of guys who made plays under the gun. Great game. Good luck.

See you in Boulder.

You have a really solid QB and pair of WRs. The third was pretty good as well. I hope you do well in the PAC-12 this year, just need to figure out protection. What's your thought on your oline?

I hear ya - we shouldn't make excuses for mistakes, or say if or but. It's part of the game. Your kicker missed two FGs, ours missed one. It's part of the game. Colorado deserved to win, they took advantage of our mistakes, and that's not a given either.

I agree with most of your post. Im sure there is someone in the pac 12 that has at least as good of an o line. And the idea that CU was at a disadvantage is ridiculous. Ill take playing in your first game of the first year of new staff and systems on both sides of the ball every time. Then there's the true freshman qb and numerous new players all over the place. Also CU had plenty of tape to look at from UCF to see what the system looked like. Like you said see you in Boulder.

Reactions: blackbones
You have a really solid QB and pair of WRs. The third was pretty good as well. I hope you do well in the PAC-12 this year, just need to figure out protection. What's your thought on your oline?

I hear ya - we shouldn't make excuses for mistakes, or say if or but. It's part of the game. Your kicker missed two FGs, ours missed one. It's part of the game. Colorado deserved to win, they took advantage of our mistakes, and that's not a given either.

OL was a concern before the season and remains so. Nebraska was sending the house on every play and was giving CU some looks it hadn't seen before and clearly wasn't prepared for. Like I said, CSU ain't Nebraska. CU's OL doesn't have to be great. Just good enough to give Montez time to throw to the receivers - that are clearly the team strength. Apart from Stanford and maybe Washington, PAC 12 O-lines are just built differently than what we saw In Lincoln. The PAC 12 is a spread offense, "throw the ball all over the yard" league. Apart from Stanford, nobody really lines up and runs it down your throat. Hell, not even USC does that anymore.

CU's O line and D line saw how the other half lives on Saturday. Hopefully it's an education that will pay off down the line.

. . . well, a lot less fun for you guys, but that was a big-time college game-day atmosphere that is sorely lacking in the PAC 12. And yeah, it's no fun losing a game where you feel you outplayed the other guy but . . . join the club. We've got jackets. 4 words: Alex Henery in 2008. JJ Flannigan dropping the ball with nobody near him in 1988. You guys have stomped on my aorta plenty of times.

See you in Boulder.

Your thoughts on the leg twisting?

It hurt like hell, but I'm better now. Had a good orthopedic surgeon.

You couldn’t do it, could you?? I just watched the clip and 44 definitely grabs a hold and takes a rip on Martinez legs after he’s down. I’d never want to see one of my Husker players trying to hurt a promising young freshman like that (or hell any player at that). Again, now that I watched the replay and clip on it...wow that was intentional and very dirty. If you can’t say it, I will.

Reactions: chrsmneric
You couldn’t do it, could you?? I just watched the clip and 44 definitely grabs a hold and takes a rip on Martinez legs after he’s down. I’d never want to see one of my Husker players trying to hurt a promising young freshman like that (or hell any player at that). Again, now that I watched the replay and clip on it...wow that was intentional and very dirty. If you can’t say it, I will.

Grow up. You wanna examine every tackle with stop action photography? Then every hit is gonna look like the Zapruder film.

Jeezus. I could do the same thing to the hit on Jay MacIntyre and your guy would be doing time. You lost. Deal with it.

Grow up. You wanna examine every tackle with stop action photography? Then every hit is gonna look like the Zapruder film.

Jeezus. I could do the same thing to the hit on Jay MacIntyre and your guy would be doing time. You lost. Deal with it.

Still can’t do it, eh??? You seen the talent Martinez has and all that promise and you can really set there and think that’s fine to do?? It’s just ok since it was your Colorado player that was trying to hurt a Husker player?? Tell me to grow up, I’d be saying that to 44 who may have been trying to ruin a player’s career.

And I never said anything about the win or lose. I’m calling 44 a dirty, douche bag of a player. Plain and simple. No one should have to worry about another player trying to hurt them or end careers. Husker or Colorado players a like. No one should.

So I guess by your standards there is no such thing then as a dirty play. Got it. Just throw out the rules then and forget sending clips of dirty plays to the league. Because some troll called "BuffaLaw" claims that there is that kind of dirty play on almost every down.
Get lost. It was a shit move by a douche bag player from a third class program that was lucky to win that game.

I didn't see him denying that NU lost. But to compare the hit on MacIntyre to what was done to Martinez, well...yeah, you did a pretty good job of proving you are a CU law grad.

This just in if I see a Husker player pulling a stunt like that I will call that player out as there is not place in the game for such stunts by ANY Player or TEAM!

Agreed there. I back my Huskers 100%. But id never act like a play like that was fine. Even if it was one of my Huskers, I’d be calling him out too.

Agreed there. I back my Huskers 100%. But id never act like a play like that was fine. Even if it was one of my Huskers, I’d be calling him out too.
Just like we all called out our beloved Suh when he got into some dirty tactics once he turned pro. One of our favorite players of all time and yet we are the first to line up and say "cut out that shit, you are too good for that.".

Some fan bases really are classier than others. And without a doubt:

NU fan base>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!! CU fan base

I completely disagree with you on not playing Akron benefiting us. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. We had a true freshman playing his first game, and as someone else mentioned, we had a number of new players playing in the first game in new offensive and defensive systems. It would have benefitted us in dramatic fashion to play the Akron game.

We outplayed CU despite that fact, but I'm guessing we wouldn't have had the number of turnovers or penalties that we had on Saturday if we played Akron, and would have won this game by 2 or 3 TDs. Frost thinks the same. He said we did about as many things as we could to give the game away. I trust his judgement.

BS I have not seen another player intentionally trying to hurt another players knee like this thug did - he should be kicked off the team

I completely disagree with you on not playing Akron benefiting us. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. We had a true freshman playing his first game, and as someone else mentioned, we had a number of new players playing in the first game in new offensive and defensive systems. It would have benefitted us in dramatic fashion to play the Akron game.

We outplayed CU despite that fact, but I'm guessing we wouldn't have had the number of turnovers or penalties that we had on Saturday if we played Akron, and would have won this game by 2 or 3 TDs. Frost thinks the same. He said we did about as many things as we could to give the game away. I trust his judgement.

Exactly. All one has to do is compare the CU game against CSU vs the game last Saturday to know the significance of not playing Akron. While CU beat CSU handily, the LB play against CSU was mediocre at best. A lot of bad gap decisions and indecision. Also, CU's O-line played much more decisively against NU. Basically, a lot of the mental mistakes and small things that kept the game from being more of a 48-7 game against CSU were ironed out in the week after the CSU game. NU didn't have that luxury.

You're wrong on this one. One was a dumb play by a kid trying to do what he does best, hit. Dumb and unnecessary. Your player's move was after the play had ended, and it was classless. He twisted a players knee - you only do that if you're attempting to injure someone. You can't say our safety's hit was intended to injure MacIntyre.

There is a reason one got sent to both the B1G and PAC-12 league offices and one didn't.

Last edited:

See you in Boulder.

typical know nothing about football bluff fan, NO, not playing akron did not benefit NU, Nu coaches would have broken down the tape regardless if NU played akron, Do you puff fans really know much about football? I don't think so, you guys have been pretenders forever.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

See you in Boulder.

Late to the thread, but I will actually be rooting for you guys in the PAC-12. Alot of that is because of what you just posted. I honestly miss some of my trips to the BIG 8 stadiums with my pops. Montez is very good and tough. Your wide receiver should go in the first round. I'm not gonna try and spell his last name. Your linebacker landsman? is gonna keep opposing offenses honest. Is he the track guy? I wish you the best in the PAC-12.

Your coach almost started crying on Osborne field. He needs to be more confident. I'm not sure he's the coach. It's a long road.

Huskers gonna spank that ass next year.:)

Just like we all called out our beloved Suh when he got into some dirty tactics once he turned pro. One of our favorite players of all time and yet we are the first to line up and say "cut out that shit, you are too good for that.".

Some fan bases really are classier than others. And without a doubt:

NU fan base>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!! CU fan base

How many people liked your post without understanding your post ? Suh might be my favorite player. I don't care if he steps on people's heads in the NFL. He destroyed Longhorns at Nebraska.

How many people liked your post without understanding your post ?
It wasn’t that difficult to understand. Not sure what you are getting at here.

Most here love Suh but have recognized when he has done stupid stuff and called it out. Maybe some here came to his defense, but many more called him out for his actions.

Edit: I am confused, because I see that you liked his post too.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It wasn’t that difficult to understand. Not sure what you are getting at here.

Most here love Suh but have recognized when he has done stupid stuff and called it out. Maybe some here came to his defense, but many more called him out for his actions.

Edit: I am confused, because I see that you liked his post too.

You have answered your own question. Some, I'm sure agreed without understanding the satirical nature of his post. That is all. Wanna duel?

Edit: that is satire for 1700's. I have no interest in a duel and Suh was and is a good Husker but his behavior as a pro would be unacceptable here. Iowa crys about it so I love it. They have never had that kind of talent.

Last edited:
You have answered your own question. Some, I'm sure agreed without understanding the satirical nature of his post. That is all. Wanna duel?

Edit: that is satire for 1700's. I have no interest in a duel and Suh was and is a good Husker but his behavior as a pro would be unacceptable here. Iowa crys about it so I love it. They have never had that kind of talent.
Nah, like I said, I was confused. I guess I missed the satire and simply saw the truth of his post. Suh, while beloved, would have been called out for that by husker fans. Buff fans just look the other way.

No duel here, just missed the satire. I guess you could say I liked his post without understanding it after all. :)

Nah, like I said, I was confused. I guess I missed the satire and simply saw the truth of his post. Suh, while beloved, would have been called out for that by husker fans. Buff fans just look the other way.

No duel here, just missed the satire. I guess you could say I liked his post without understanding it after all. :)

No, you saw what is was for what it was. I listen to fans on over reaction. It kind of sets a precedence for fans, but not for very many fans. My bad.

Ha. You understood it Timsun. It wasn't satire. Red Scowl is the confused one.

So I guess by your standards there is no such thing then as a dirty play. Got it. Just throw out the rules then and forget sending clips of dirty plays to the league. Because some troll called "BuffaLaw" claims that there is that kind of dirty play on almost every down.
Get lost. It was a shit move by a douche bag player from a third class program that was lucky to win that game.
He went to CU pennsy he doesn't have standards.

Ha. You understood it Timsun. It wasn't satire. Red Scowl is the confused one.

Ok, my bad. I want all Huskers to do well in the NFL, their behavior is their own and reflects on the club not the Huskers imo, therefore ultimately, I don't care if he is called dirty. He is very affective. Sorry for the mistranslation .

In crappping the bed at home we provided a nice social media recruiting platform for the buffs.

That didn't take long. Tried to post something classy and then your true colors come out.

That didn't take long. Tried to post something classy and then your true colors come out.

Was going to say the same thing. At least this Buff made it through his first post without turning into a dbag, but it sure didn't take long when merely asked about a touchy subject.

The difference in the fan bases is as clear as ever. Just because NU has beat them like a drum throughout history, they think any action resulting in a CU win is justified.

ADVERTISEMENT