ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks committee… can’t wait for

I think 8 teams would be the most ideal for the sport.
It would probably actually be 6, but becuz the math doesn't work out 8 would be next.

W 6 u would have two teams getting a bye..with 8 the numbers match up.

I have a hard time thinking that any more than 6 teams max deserve a shot at the natty in any given year..certainly never 8 teams..

Reactions: barney44
Alabama barely beat 6-6 lsu and auburn teams that are both inferior to Cincinnati and lost to 8-4 A&M. I wouldn't count out cincy yet.
Alabama will also show up in big games and beat the hell out of any team in the nation. Loaded with talent and top shelf coaching. I certainly wouldn't use Auburn, LSU or TAMU against them in this case. Those 3 teams play in a more difficult conference and have solid rosters. Like it or not Alabama is college footballs boogeyman right now.

It would probably actually be 6, but becuz the math doesn't work out 8 would be next.

W 6 u would have two teams getting a bye..with 8 the numbers match up.

I have a hard time thinking that any more than 6 teams max deserve a shot at the natty in any given year..certainly never 8 teams..
I don't think there are 8 deserving teams either but for the sake of limiting controversy and human error I think 8 would solve it. 6 would probably solve it as well but like you said, two would get a bye.

Reactions: Boiler_B
Bama vs Georgia in championship ,,, f’n hate it with sec and their 8 conference games

prior to the SEC championship game

Georgia played 10 power 5 teams and Alabama 9.

Almost every SEC team plays 9 power 5 opponents each year

Reactions: kakdawg
If we knew what football teams would win, we'd all be multi-millionaires. We'd all win our NCAA basketball bracket challenges too.

I highly disagree with naming the 2 or 4 best teams instead of having a real playoff.
What? I didn’t write anything about winning a game. I wrote those teams that would be left out are better than the teams that would get in. BYU already beat Utah, so because Utah won a sub par PAC 12 title they should get a berth over a team they lost to?

Secondly, I didn’t write that I was necessarily against a “real” playoff. Just that I don’t believe winning a weak conference should automatically qualify teams like 3 loss Utah or Pitt, a team that lost to Western, Eastern or Central Michigan (whichever it was).

If the goal is to determine the national champion and if you are going to have a committee that ranks teams, then use those rankings to select the top 4, 8, 12 or 16 and not use some automatic berth crap. If 5 teams from the SEC are in over a couple of weaker league champs, so be it.

I suppose this will eventually lead to CFP expansion.

This may be an unpopular opinion and it certainly wouldn’t work for the show ESPN wants to put on, but maybe they make a rule that conference champions only in the CFP. The committee could debate the most deserving 4 conference champions. That means this season it would be Cincinnati, Bama, Michigan and Baylor, not in order. More interested in those 4 than in seeing Georgia v Bama again.

Sorry, if your team didn’t win the conference. Life isn’t fair.

If Michigan plays like they played Ohio St. and Iowa, they will likely curb stomp Georgia. Michigan vs. Alabama for the national championship, Alabama probably wins, but I wouldn't count Michigan out.

The SEC always getting 2 teams in the Playoff while the other P5 conferences get 1 or zero is a total joke. The football National Championship is always a total joke. What if the basketball champion was determined by a 2 team or 4 team playoff?? Ridiculous.
The SEC is bar none the best conference in football, they should get half the field in the playoff each year, whether it's 4 team, 8 team, or 16 team. (Yeah, 8 teams from the SEC in a 16 team format seems unfair, but they'd kick the arse of the rest of the field except for B1G champs.)

It's obvious the 3 best teams are bama, Michigan, and Georgia. Cincy doesn't even deserve to go, should just give #1 a bye, which this game almost is.

ADVERTISEMENT