ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, from a Fordham fan

CKSmith45

Feb 2, 2005
Made the trip out to Lincoln and just wanted to say that I've never been around a better or classier fanbase than you all at Nebraska. From the night before until we got back on the plane there was nothing but genuinely friendly and welcoming people that we interacted with. Just wanted to say thank you.

Good luck the rest of the season (and beyond)!

Ha! Don't be skeptical. It's a legit thank you. I'm the same one who posted this thread prior to going ...

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/visiting-fordham-fan.300035/
Sure glad you had a great time and the fans are genuinely friendly except for mizzo fans there is Nothing but distaste for mizzo and it’s fans it goes back into the late 1970’s where Norman Goodman a mizzo player cheap shot our star running back Jarvis redwine I believe in 1979 and another misso player Randy jostes cheap shot our star quarterback turner Gill in 81 I believe not sure on the years. That’s why there is bad blood between Nebraska and misso oh and I left out they usually were watering the field the night before we would play them in Columbia which I think was against league rules

Made the trip out to Lincoln and just wanted to say that I've never been around a better or classier fanbase than you all at Nebraska. From the night before until we got back on the plane there was nothing but genuinely friendly and welcoming people that we interacted with. Just wanted to say thank you.

Glad you enjoyed your experience. Your coaches and players have nothing to hang their heads about. Gave it their all.

Where did you wind up sitting and staying

Sure glad you had a great time and the fans are genuinely friendly except for mizzo fans there is Nothing but distaste for mizzo and it’s fans it goes back into the late 1970’s where Norman Goodman a mizzo player cheap shot our star running back Jarvis redwine I believe in 1979 and another misso player Randy jostes cheap shot our star quarterback turner Gill in 81 I believe not sure on the years. That’s why there is bad blood between Nebraska and misso oh and I left out they usually were watering the field the night before we would play them in Columbia which I think was against league rules
Faurot field was also known for having the worst piece of carpet for a surface. It had a weird name. Omni turf or something like that. Radio guys always described it as unsafe and total garbage

Thank you for the post. Glad you enjoyed the visit and we wish Fordham the best going forward.

This is a great microcosm, from the Greatest Fans in College Football to methcooking yokel missourians who can’t count to 5 much less point to a full trophy case.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Lincoln.
Hey, cooking meth requires math

Glad you enjoyed your experience. Your coaches and players have nothing to hang their heads about. Gave it their all.

Where did you wind up sitting and staying
We were in the Fordham section down low near the field in the corner for most of it. Spent some time in one of the boxes for the second half. Really amazing experience overall. Great stadium, great fans.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We were in the Fordham section down low near the field in the corner for most of it. Spent some time in one of the boxes for the second half. Really amazing experience overall. Great stadium, great fans.
Did you take in anything else like a volleyball game at Devaney? Btw thank you since you beat misso twice in the 1940’s

Last edited:
Which box? Sorry for asking so many questions 😅

Ha Ha!

The odds of the OP actually being a Fordham fan are very low.

f8cb9a12-ed1c-44d0-8f71-e7157535dfc1_text.gif

Reactions: Baxter48

Send us that LB that was a tackle machine please.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Which box? Sorry for asking so many questions 😅
I believe it was suite 636. Seemed like the one they offer to the other school's AD. Your AD came in during the second half to say hello as well - classy move. It was cool but very high up so I preferred the field level view much better. Amazing stadium .

Send us that LB that was a tackle machine please.

Yeah, Ryan Greenhagen had a great one. I'm sure if had one more year of eligibility someone like you guys would pick him up in the portal. He's an FCS All American and a throw back with the way he plays. Tough as nails. Glad he had such a great game and he's been getting unbelievable publicity since the game. Hopefully he'll get a look a the next level. He's also an Academic AA so with his work ethic and brains he'll do great with whatever he does.

BelatedSourBat-max-1mb.gif

Nebraska may be "not for everyone" but it's still "Nebraska nice". From central Omaha to Scottsbluff, there's a lot of great people in Nebraska.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Faurot field was also known for having the worst piece of carpet for a surface. It had a weird name. Omni turf or something like that. Radio guys always described it as unsafe and total garbage
The rocks for stadium bleachers in the North endzone are classics......WTF.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT