ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for Adrian

Jan 8, 2017
What a great kid. I know NU was frustrated with him for years in many ways.

still very early. Tulane a wtf

my hope was we could get him over the hump finally. OU and Mizzou games big ones. Need more sample size but OU for him was a huge confidence boost

I’m sure most huskers want to see him succeed.

Last edited:
This seems like a troll attempt.

I think I speak for almost all Husker fans when I say Martinez is a class act, and I am happy he had an amazing game against Oklahoma. He had flashes of greatness for us but had too many turnover issues. He also was playing for a very poor coach at Nebraska. It seems like he is finally putting it all together. I am happy for him and K State.

Good luck the rest of the way.

After he beats Texas, Iowa State, KU, Okie St and Baylor, then you can come thank us. Until then, this game appears to be an outlier on the season where he has just been kindof ok and hasnt been asked to do too much. I hope he does well, because I like Adrian, but KSU needing to rely on him to win games can turn ugly in a hurry if he isnt up for it or gets dinged up.

This seems like a troll attempt.

I think I speak for almost all Husker fans when I say Martinez is a class act, and I am happy he had an amazing game against Oklahoma. He had flashes of greatness for us but had too many turnover issues. He also was playing for a very poor coach at Nebraska. It seems like he is finally putting it all together. I am happy for him and K State.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Not at all. No beef with NU on my end. Thx for kind words. I personally want to see NU good again
He really is a class act. I have several NU fans rooting for him still and all loved to see him get the OU win on the road. No on deserved it more

But ya we can’t stop here. Need to book 9+ wins then job will be done for him.

after Tulane I thought wtf. He looked awful. Looked incredible vs Mizzou. This week will tell us a lot

After he beats Texas, Iowa State, KU, Okie St and Baylor, then you can come thank us. Until then, this game appears to be an outlier on the season where he has just been kindof ok and hasnt been asked to do too much. I hope he does well, because I like Adrian, but KSU needing to rely on him to win games can turn ugly in a hurry if he isnt up for it or gets dinged up.
Very fair. Yes need to get past these next two weeks and see where things stand

Reactions: nostromo78
Not at all. No beef with NU on my end. Thx for kind words. I personally want to see NU good again
He really is a class act. I have several NU fans rooting for him still and all loved to see him get the OU win on the road. No on deserved it more

But ya we can’t stop here. Need to book 9+ wins then job will be done for him.

after Tulane I thought wtf. He looked awful. Looked incredible vs Mizzou. This week will tell us a lot
The problem you might find is that if the running opportunities are taken away and he is forced to win with his arm he starts having costly turnovers. I think Frost sucked as a coach though, so hopefully he is utilized better for you. I think with proper coaching he has a high ceiling.

What is telling is that I thought he was most impressive here as a freshman; the coaching here sucked clearly.

Reactions: SickOfPractice

my hope was we could get him over the hump finally. OU and Mizzou games big ones. Need more sample size but OU for him was a huge confidence boost

You really should thank your O-line, Deuce, and Coaches. AM never had those luxuries while at Lincoln.

I'm happy to see Martinez having some success - and some fun, for that matter.

Not all of his struggles at NU were due to lousy coaching, but it must be an absolute joy for him to finally get to compete without the expert tutelage of Scott Frost and Mario Verweirdo.

Happy for AM finally getting a signature win! He is a great kid and shows he can thrive in right system!

Frost and that terrible QB coach we had failed him. Those problems have been solved!

Difference is, he has a good line there to block for him and not a shit show like ours, I said before the season that because he has a decent line down there he's gonna tear it up. The 1st 2 games Klineman had him only managing the games to teach game management and then let him loose against OU and he destroyed them.

What he did to OU is something we haven't done because of the OL being a total shit show and guys not executing and the fact he ended up primarily being the majority of our O proves that people on the board that said and continues to say he sucks are like a poor marksman who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside and aren't even in the same galaxy as said target.

This is a better version of his Freshman version and is gonna tear it up the rest of the year. This also proves that our OL was responsible for most of the mistakes he was forced into. I kept saying if we had even a competent line last year, we woulda had 10 wins or more and beat the teams that were one score as the defense did it's job and kept getting the ball back for the O all year. Bad OLs like ours will make All Americans or Heisman trophy winners look Simple Jack.

Last edited:
The first dunkoff move was Frost wanting to run the offense a guy like MacKenzie Milton could run. Frost recruited a great athlete in AM but he did not have the skill set needed for Frost. Square peg in a round hole.
AM is not a quick thinking field scanner. He has poor field vision. You can see this in the pocket and often when he runs. You'll see a great lane and he hesitates. Looks like a big play then he cuts a bad angle.
The KSU coach has done a great job of handling his passing deficiency by creating quick throws with a minimum of decision making, good strategy. What he has is a running back playing qb with just enough threat of a pass that keeps the defense semi-honest. Now get down by 14 points and need a comeback in the later stages he is not the qb you want. He is not going to become Joe Montana.

Last edited:

A week ago my brother in law who's a big k state fan.....only since they've started winning told me to take that motherf****er back. Now he says he's Heisman candidate. 🙄

Well, you guys are as confused as we were......in the beginning. After 4 years of losing with him and his choking and costing 10 point swings......

Remember we almost beat ou last year. Your day's coming

Reactions: Baxter48
If Nebraska wants to get back to Smash Mouth football, they should hire Kansas states offensive coordinator, Collin Klein as their head coach.

You're welcome.

Martinez was a total class act up here and I'd love to see him get to a bowl game. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT