ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Coach Riley and the rest of the staff..

HuskerDana

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 14, 2007
For conducting yourselves with class as this season and your time at NU has come to a close. Even though it did not work out here, I hope they all are successful wherever the coach at in the future.

Let's hope that we can finish off the Riley era with a final win. Good luck to the staff and players.

For conducting yourselves with class as this season and your time at NU has come to a close. Even though it did not work out here, I hope they all are successful wherever the coach at in the future.

Let's hope that we can finish off the Riley era with a final win. Good luck to the staff and players.

Give Riley credit, he didn't go "Scorched Earth Policy" after the NIU loss. Things didn't work out.

Yes thanks Mike, best of luck in your future endeavors. Thankfully, I don't think we will have an expletive laced rant to the team in a secret meeting at a Lincoln area high school.

Classy post HuskerDana! Posts like this are one of many reasons that Nebraska fans are the best in the country.

Ehh....wish I could say I stayed as classy as MR at the end of this season. I apologize for the meltdown post I had last week. Lol. GBR.

It's hard not to like a good guy like Riley, really wished he could have been more successful at Nebraska, all the best to him and his family and the rest of the staff. Who knows, they might pull off the upset today!

Reactions: HuskerDana
Ehh....wish I could say I stayed as classy as MR at the end of this season. I apologize for the meltdown post I had last week. Lol. GBR.

Trust me, your meltdown was nothing compared to what some other posters posted. 99% of us hit our limit at some point throughout the course of this season. I had my rant after the Arky St. game.

We all want what’s best for our program and ultimately what we deserve to have as fans.

Here’s to beating Iowa today and sending Mike and his staff off on a winning note!

After Bo started his melt down I walked away from Husker football as I believed he was an embarrassment to our university and our team. Thank you to Coach Riley for bringing class back to our program. I'm sorry it didn't work out and wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Trust me, your meltdown was nothing compared to what some other posters posted. 99% of us hit our limit at some point throughout the course of this season. I had my rant after the Arky St. game.

We all want what’s best for our program and ultimately what we deserve to have as fans.

Here’s to beating Iowa today and sending Mike and his staff off on a winning note!
Riley will likely find a way to lose and finish 19-19 at Nebraska. That’s what he does. He will end a .500 coach

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
So do you know something the rest of us don't?

I haven't seen anything official, only speculation...

Thank you coach Riley for being a class act and continuing your class act for years to come. I can't wait to start winning again. Here's to you and the future Husker teams and the hope that winning will be restored for years to come.

Reactions: HuskerDana
So do you know something the rest of us don't?

I haven't seen anything official, only speculation...

Thank you coach Riley for being a class act and continuing your class act for years to come. I can't wait to start winning again. Here's to you and the future Husker teams and the hope that winning will be restored for years to come.

Diaco knows it's over, because he has had a talk with his defense and gave a speech about how everybody has obstacles and he knows he’s going to move his kids and family again after the season, so to play for something. Play for your team, play for the new coaches next year, etc. Sounds like it resonated with the players.

But it is very well known throughout the team that there have been players that checked out and apparently never really bought into Diaco. There is going to be a players only meeting after the Iowa have where some of the upperclassmen will tell the younger guys that if they don't buy into the new coaches, to get the F out of the program!

Last edited:
Are you Riley supporters going to be able to go on in life after the nicest, most wonderful human being to ever walk the earth Mike Riley is fired? You guys like shitty football?

Reactions: The Clutch
Actually it is pretty easy to be nice when you are being paid a million dollars to mark time. Kinda makes you smile.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
Fully agreed. He’s going out in a bad way and humiliated as bad as it can get. But he’s a great guy and it’s got to be time to retire, hopefully.

Now I do hope we keep Kieth Williams and Donte Williams. K Williams is as good as it gets for WR coach and Donte Williams is like Frost, still up and coming. He came in at a horrible time. We can’t say he’s a bad coach or great coach. But he is an elite recruiter and we NEED that here. The new staff has to find a spot for both of these guys. No offense, they’d be dumb not to keep K Williams at WR coach.

Fully agreed. He’s going out in a bad way and humiliated as bad as it can get. But he’s a great guy and it’s got to be time to retire, hopefully.

Now I do hope we keep Kieth Williams and Donte Williams. K Williams is as good as it gets for WR coach and Donte Williams is like Frost, still up and coming. He came in at a horrible time. We can’t say he’s a bad coach or great coach. But he is an elite recruiter and we NEED that here. The new staff has to find a spot for both of these guys. No offense, they’d be dumb not to keep K Williams at WR coach.
I'm not sold on K Williams. I don't see him as an elite recruiter, he let KJJr and Grimm get away, and his receivers have trouble getting separation and drop balls.

How in the world could you NOT be sold on K Williams? Enough is enough. Yes we sucked this year. But we do have a couple good position coaches. KW is as good as it gets at WR coach. Riley has bombed it, but the 2 years or has it been 3 years, that KW has been here. Our WRs haven’t ever been a weakness. He’s the one coach we need to keep.

And your trying to say his WRs don’t get separation but that’s false. There’s times they don’t but times they do. He teaches them and then it’s one the WRs to use the weapons they learned on the field. Out side of Lindsey and Speilman, we don’t have a bunch of burners out there.

Perfectly stated by the OP. Not a day to celebrate, unlike in 2014. Thank you Mike, Dee, and staff, best wishes in the future whatever that may hold. GBR

Jason Peter says different.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I hesitated commenting on this post earlier just because everyone seemed to be enjoying the Thanksgiving hangover - but sorry - I cannot thank Mike Riley for anything. He has overseen our program hit a depth in 3 short years that I’m sure nobody envisioned. He has demonstrated game day preparation and coaching that makes you question his football intellect. His interviews make you wonder if he’s mentally challenged. The nice guy schtik has protected him from the Dirk Chatterlain’s and Lee Barfneckt’s from asking questions like - “WTF were you thinking with that decision?” and “you gave never achieved anything in your coaching career. What really makes you think you can accomplish more at Nebraska?” Sorry Mike, the only thing I’m thankful for is your ass out the door.

I supported and argued on behalf of every coach they brought in, and argued strongly about doing all we could to avoid the dreaded coaching carousel we are now riding full blast. For me a fan is a fain, but tough Husker football as I knew it is long gone but I remain a fan. That said, I don't understand a lot of how the Huskers are managed. Coaches did not show great improvement but were given extensions (bigtime) we are still paying today. Worse, the coaching searches always look for an under the radar guy like they are bargain basement shopping. Bad bucks after cheap bucks does not at all match what Husker football history and a still remaining sellout streak truly represent. Penny wise, pound foolish.

I mean go after Frost, or Chip Kelly and even Chucky (Gruden is wasted in the announcer booth). Get in the game with the top names, all or bust. Wny not? Seeing we are bust anyway and hopelessly rotating on that darned carousel... Give a proven guy HUGE bucks they can't turn down... make them think twice before going to LA or Gainesville. If Frost is offered any less than 5m, we are no longer interested in winning. Winning starts with the business offices and goes on from there. OU, Bama and Ohio State had their off years, but put a stop to it fast with bigtime money making their hires the top paid guys in the game. You compete there to start with then the field, but it seems our brains that make such decisions don't understand a thing about competing and how the mind of a champion is. Yes, they have big egos, now deal with it...

Yeah, thanks coach Riley for keeping your press conferences G rated and for not burning down any buildings while you were here.

There is the little matter of you destroying the football program and taking millions of dollars from the University while doing it....so pardon me while I opt out of kissing your a$$.

Yeah, thanks coach Riley for keeping your press conferences G rated and for not burning down any buildings while you were here.

There is the little matter of you destroying the football program and taking millions of dollars from the University while doing it....so pardon me while I opt out of kissing your a$$.

Not kissing his ass. It is what it is. He could have been a jackoff like our previous coach and used the scorched earth policy on his way out the door. He didn't. MR was our generation's Jennings. That is a fact...and I am not denying that.

But he is also a class act. There is no denying that, either.

How in the world could you NOT be sold on K Williams? Enough is enough. Yes we sucked this year. But we do have a couple good position coaches. KW is as good as it gets at WR coach. Riley has bombed it, but the 2 years or has it been 3 years, that KW has been here. Our WRs haven’t ever been a weakness. He’s the one coach we need to keep.

And your trying to say his WRs don’t get separation but that’s false. There’s times they don’t but times they do. He teaches them and then it’s one the WRs to use the weapons they learned on the field. Out side of Lindsey and Speilman, we don’t have a bunch of burners out there.
IF we hire Frost, we don't need a WR coach that doesn't know Frost's offense. Frost has to have his guy there. No more dictating hires to new coaches based on what we think would be best for recruiting or because we like the guy. New coach gets the guys he wants and needs. Period. KW and DW will be fine if we go a different way.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT