ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Coach Mickey Joseph!

He acted like a professional all season. Worked hard. If coach Rhule wants him to stay, I’m down with it.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Bring him back. Pay him like a head coach in waiting and let him recruit/coach like he always has. Especially with WR.

No reason to make it complicated and write a novel when it's really that simple.

Thanks to the players for handling all the turmoil with class and not mailing it in.
MJ led them, and they did their part to follow.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Pete Carroll was a successful college coach who went to the NFL and has been successful in the NFL as well.
It could be argued that coaching at USC is (or used to be) more akin to coaching in the NFL than it is to coaching football across most of the college football landscape. IE less emphasis on player development/recruiting needed and more on managing egos.

welcome to Nebraska. there's the phone with an all-time Mount Rushmore Head Coach legend on the other end - he will tell you who to keep on staff plus other things

I'm sure Rhule probably learned how to deal with that stuff at temple/baylor

;)

Reactions: moralvictories
It could be argued that coaching at USC is (or used to be) more akin to coaching in the NFL than it is to coaching football across most of the college football landscape. IE less emphasis on player development/recruiting needed and more on managing egos.
That's a great point...

Evan Cooper being the first coach named and the new offers to WRs… sure seems telling Mickey won’t be here next year

Rhule in a difficult situation. He’s definitely a “control guy”. He needs to be viewed as the head guy for his system to work. But he will lose a lot of fans, recruits, and players if he doesn’t keep Mickey. Respect is earned, not given. Has Matt earned your respect? For some sure. For others, he just hasn’t. And that’s total fair. For anyone to argue against that, is ridiculous. He won’t have an easy year in Lincoln for sure especially if he cuts ties with Joesph

And as badly as I want Mickey to stay; Matt has got to do Matt. And if that means taking the path of most resistance, then so be it. If he’s good he will get fans like mine respect. If he sucks, the pitchforks won’t take long

Evan Cooper being the first coach named and the new offers to WRs… sure seems telling Mickey won’t be here next year

Rhule in a difficult situation. He’s definitely a “control guy”. He needs to be viewed as the head guy for his system to work. But he will lose a lot of fans, recruits, and players if he doesn’t keep Mickey. Respect is earned, not given. Has Matt earned your respect? For some sure. For others, he just hasn’t. And that’s total fair. For anyone to argue against that, is ridiculous. He won’t have an easy year in Lincoln for sure.

And as badly as I want Mickey to stay; Matt has got to do Matt. And if that means taking the path of most resistance, then so be it. If he’s good he will get fans like mine respect. If he sucks, the pitchforks won’t take long
If he wins games he gets respect. If he doesn't then he doesn't get any respect.

Reactions: Yantzeee
It would be a great place for him to hangout for about 3-4 years until the Nebraska job opens up again and everyone begs him to come back.
Hopefully not because Matt Rhule will be competing for conference championships and a playoff berth.

welcome to Nebraska. there's the phone with an all-time Mount Rushmore Head Coach legend on the other end - he will tell you who to keep on staff plus other things

;)
Hopefully, Osborne also told Rhule to take the wind in the fourth quarter if he has a choice. lol

;)
Yeah...“I told Matt I’d help in any way I could,” Osborne said, “but I’m not going to be an interfering influence.” Then he carried on without a comma that Rhule should keep MJ on his staff. If that isn't interfering and trying to influence, then what is?

Yeah...“I told Matt I’d help in any way I could,” Osborne said, “but I’m not going to be an interfering influence.” Then he carried on without a comma that Rhule should keep MJ on his staff. If that isn't interfering and trying to influence, then what is?
@Walleye79 can you believe something I just fabricated from thin air actually made it to print that quickly!? what next? I planted the story with my time machine?

@Husker.Wed. - I will say it until the cows come home: this conversation (and the countless ones he'll be forced to have every day of his life with everybody he comes into contact with) is why I believe there is no experience that can prepare someone for the Nebraska job

It was great seeing our players show some fight! Mickey did some good things and gave us some truly enjoyable moments. Thanks coach!

I don't think I've posted here yet, but yes, we all owe Mickey a big thank you. Dude is a class act and salvaged what he could from our season. So thank you. Hope you stay with us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT