ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Remains Big12 King, Couldn't be Softer

It’s never good to have a rule where something is referred to as “probably that would be a flag”. It creates inconsistency which then creates unfair playing field.
Not terribly surprising, coming from the same incompetent douche who made this call. In the final replay you can actually see him reaching for his flag when the DB is still three steps from the quarterback:

images

Not terribly surprising, coming from the same incompetent douche who made this call. In the final replay you can actually see him reaching for his flag when the DB is still three steps from the quarterback:

I was at that game, and never in my life have I seen a screw job like that. 14-2 was the penalty differential, and that roughing the passer call was just par for the course. The fact that it was 3rd and 11 with 6 minutes left when it happened made it the most memorable

Don't forget this gem...

Last edited:
if im not mistaken, missouri, cu, and atm left the b12 without any of this nonsense.
hell, miss and cu announced prior to us, if i also remember correctly.
f those turds.

I was at that game, and never in my life have I seen a screw job like that. 14-2 was the penalty differential, and that roughing the passer call was just par for the course. The fact that it was 3rd and 11 with 6 minutes left when it happened made it the most memorable

Don't forget this gem...

texas a&m is a very bizarre cult

never met an aggie who wasn't a total weirdo

Are there still people on this message board who really want Nebraska to go back to the 12?
No trolling this time...I’m genuinely curious about this.

Are there Nebraska fans that want to return to the Big 12?

In KC I continue to hear that Mizzou and A&M are thrilled to be in the SEC (this is true), Colorado was always a better fit for the PAC (not sure about that), and Nebraska wants to return to the Big 12 (seems crazy, if true).

In KC I continue to hear that Mizzou and A&M are thrilled to be in the SEC (this is true), Colorado was always a better fit for the PAC (not sure about that), and Nebraska wants to return to the Big 12 (seems crazy, if true).
Yes, the Big Ten sucks for road games,

Also, I get why Texas bitches about this, I do, BUT, do they not realize that by bitching about it, it only becomes a bigger deal and they get clowned for it even more?

The first rule of being a nerd/dork/gaywad (thank you late 80's) is to NEVER bring attention to yourself.

Reactions: WHCSC
Yes, the Big Ten sucks for road games,

Also, I get why Texas bitches about this, I do, BUT, do they not realize that by bitching about it, it only becomes a bigger deal and they get clowned for it even more?

The first rule of being a nerd/dork/gaywad (thank you late 80's) is to NEVER bring attention to yourself.
Interesting...and sincerely, I appreciate the response.

As for Texas...they are a fragile bunch. They realize that with all the built-in advantages they have that they should be so much better. Very sensitive group down there.

A&M is on the verge of leaving the horns in the dust. I think desperation is sitting in for UT.

The short answer is sure, we see some fans on this board who would like to go back. A variety of reasons… in the Big 12, we used to pull tons of talent from Texas. Not as much anymore.

Whether true or not, it often feels like the B1G gives Nebraska the shaft every chance they get. Whether it is from the B1G offices or on the field officiating, there is plenty of evidence that would seem to support this.

People also miss the rivalries and the relatively short drives to other stadiums in the Big 12.

On the other hand, the Big 12 was on the verge of implosion, and coming to the B1G was a huge opportunity for stability. The money we bring in is huge as well, in comparison to the Big 12. There is a lot of prestige being associated with a conference with as rich a history as the B1G has.

Living in Minnesota, I am happy to be in the B1G. But there are some things I miss about being in the Big 12.

Reactions: scarletred
What were the circumstances of this douche ref being asked about this? Weird. Will B1G refs be made available soon so someone can ask them why Nebraska gets called for holding and targeting and whoever we're playing doesn't?

The short answer is sure, we see some fans on this board who would like to go back. A variety of reasons… in the Big 12, we used to pull tons of talent from Texas. Not as much anymore.

Whether true or not, it often feels like the B1G gives Nebraska the shaft every chance they get. Whether it is from the B1G offices or on the field officiating, there is plenty of evidence that would seem to support this.

People also miss the rivalries and the relatively short drives to other stadiums in the Big 12.

On the other hand, the Big 12 was on the verge of implosion, and coming to the B1G was a huge opportunity for stability. The money we bring in is huge as well, in comparison to the Big 12. There is a lot of prestige being associated with a conference with as rich a history as the B1G has.

Living in Minnesota, I am happy to be in the B1G. But there are some things I miss about being in the Big 12.
Appreciate the response.

I think Mizzou sometimes gets the unfair calls in the SEC.

But, it’s far more fair for Mizzou than the Big 12 was, so Mizzou fans are thrilled to be in the SEC.

Appreciate the response.

I think Mizzou sometimes gets the unfair calls in the SEC.

But, it’s far more fair for Mizzou than the Big 12 was, so Mizzou fans are thrilled to be in the SEC.
See the SEC is weird, they don't care about Basketball and clearly Mizzo does, even though they suck and sold their soul to hire Martin who did what he does best...and then the porter kid got hurt and Tilmon turned out to be soft...

But in football the SEC seems to basically only care about a few teams and almost despise the others. They don't want teams that are not Bama, Tenn, UGA or UF to be good. It is almost like they hope the other teams just accept their role as lame ass teams.

See the SEC is weird, they don't care about Basketball and clearly Mizzo does, even though they suck and sold their soul to hire Martin who did what he does best...and then the porter kid got hurt and Tilmon turned out to be soft...

But in football the SEC seems to basically only care about a few teams and almost despise the others. They don't want teams that are not Bama, Tenn, UGA or UF to be good. It is almost like they hope the other teams just accept their role as lame ass teams.
Mizzou has been far more successful in football than basketball since joining the SEC.

Back-to-back SEC Championship Games in 2013 and 2014. Cotton Bowl win and Citrus Bowl Win in 2013 and 2014. Top 5 National finish in 2013.

Even the Odom era wasn’t awful, while definitely a downturn.

Meanwhile, Mizzou basketball has become an afterthought. Basketball is the third sport at most SEC schools. It’s football and baseball. Outside of Kentucky, the SEC doesn’t care about basketball.

I think it’s the SEC mindset that it’s football then everything else. Kentucky basketball will never be equal to Alabama football. An SEC Athletic Department is defined by their football program. Everything else is a distant second.

Reactions: PennsylvaniaPride
Mizzou has been far more successful in football than basketball since joining the SEC.

Back-to-back SEC Championship Games in 2013 and 2014. Cotton Bowl win and Citrus Bowl Win in 2013 and 2014. Top 5 National finish in 2013.

Even the Odom era wasn’t awful, while definitely a downturn.

Meanwhile, Mizzou basketball has become an afterthought. Basketball is the third sport at most SEC schools. It’s football and baseball. Outside of Kentucky, the SEC doesn’t care about basketball.

I think it’s the SEC mindset that it’s football then everything else. Kentucky basketball will never be equal to Alabama football. An SEC Athletic Department is defined by their football program. Everything else is a distant second.
My question to you is, how long does Martin have? I have to think this is his last year if they don't win 20 games, and make the dance, right?

My question to you is, how long does Martin have? I have to think this is his last year if they don't win 20 games, and make the dance, right?
Honestly, like most Mizzou fans these days it really isn’t on the radar.

The general thought is that it will be another down year for basketball.

Meanwhile, Drink has the fan base pumped for the future of Mizzou Football. That’s where all the excitement and momentum is for Mizzou these days.

Honestly every fan base in every sport in the conference should have banners and large stickers made of the Longhorns upside down and put them everywhere when the Texas team plays any of them. Make it over the top screw you and force the conference to tell Texas to deal with it.

Texas was much tougher years ago it seems when the upside down hook’em horns was given. It fired them up, now they seem to need a safer place to retreat to deal with the horror.

Reactions: timnsun
Please explain what this has to do with being "woke".
The whorns down sign has been going on for as long as I have been following football… Now we have a person who is ahead of officiating in the conference that has to make a statement about a player of a opposing team what they can and can’t do playing one of it’s stronger member in the conference when it’s just media days… Who’s crying in the first place?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT