ADVERTISEMENT

Texas HS football championship game on TV now

zamzman

Senior
Jul 1, 2004
FYI. If you want to watch some good football, the championship games are continuing tonight and tomorrow. I think it's 5A tonight and 6A tomorrow at 1pm. This will be something to watch while waiting for the NFL playoffs to start.

Reactions: ADV1
Fox sports southwest I believe - southlake Carroll (kris brown alum), Aledo and argyle are favorites I believe- here in TEXAS we play

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Tonight's game was a blowout. Two undefeated teams, but Cedar Park got killed by Denton Ryan. Perhaps the games tomorrow may be better. Tomorrow night is the "Dodge Bowl" between Austin Westlake and Southwest Carroll. The Westlake coach is the father of the Southwest Carroll coach (everyone wants to talk to the wife/mother). I might have to switch between the NFL playoff game and the HS championship game.

QB Cade Klubnik - Westlake High School in Austin has been offered by Nebraska but they have not fully launched their recruiting efforts. Very good player that plays for our high school. Would fit nicely into Nebraska’s offense. Hope they pursue him.
Game is 6A Division 1 game at 7pm. Game is called Dodge Bowl because father and son are coaching on opposite sidelines. Todd Dodge (Westlake) formerly coached at Southlake Carrol. He produced amazing QB there. The #1 QB for ‘22 in the nation plays for SLC. So it’s #1 vs #9 QB’s in the nation. 👍🏽✅

Reactions: ADV1
QB Cade Klubnik - Westlake High School in Austin has been offered by Nebraska but they have not fully launched their recruiting efforts. Very good player that plays for our high school. Would fit nicely into Nebraska’s offense. Hope they pursue him.
Game is 6A Division 1 game at 7pm. Game is called Dodge Bowl because father and son are coaching on opposite sidelines. Todd Dodge (Westlake) formerly coached at Southlake Carrol. He produced amazing QB there. The #1 QB for ‘22 in the nation plays for SLC. So it’s #1 vs #9 QB’s in the nation. 👍🏽✅

Will eventually be a 30 for 30 episode. Father vs. son in the Dodge bowl.

Reactions: DrRedDuke
My Kids school played yesterday.... Aledo Won Title #10! another State Title further setting them apart and breaking their own record for the most state titles in Texas! they have now won 9 of the last 13 state titles!

I so badly wish Frost would come visit this team! The Talent is obscene! Our RB from last year is the Freshman who had some very nice games for Alabama. JOJO our current WR is headed to Bama... TCU takes 2-3 guys each year from Aledo and are some of their best players. With that we have kids headed all over the place to other D1 schools... This is the team that made National Attention because of "Bullying on the field" when we beat a team 91-0!!!

It's a machine that just keeps reloading... Chuck Filiaga - OL for Michigan now (Who Nebraska was trying to get) is an example of kids who move here just to play for Aledo. We don't recruit, families just flock here!

Also, we even have a mini-series made for our school called Titletown TX

Friday Night Lights and everything you've ever heard about it is REAL in Texas!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrRedDuke and WHCSC
I live next to Aledo and coach wood coached my brother before he left to Aledo. It is amazing and odd that they have stayed in smaller division with every other districts in the metroplex moving up a class with the population boom. As far as recruiting goes I know for a fact it started with Gray and now they don’t have to as much but they did. Funny how that all American OL you mentioned moved from California and his family too just for his senior year. I know the star-telegram did a video and it was very odd how it all played out for him to be there for 6 months- correct me if I’m wrong but after he left for Michigan they moved back to California, right?
that being said I’m not hating just it’s not Pollyanna, it’s a business- one of the Argyle coaches came up to me after my sons 7-7 camp 18 months ago and “asked” if we would consider moving there

#9 outplayed #1 by a wide margin. Huskers would be real luck to get Cade. But who knows where their QB recruiting is at. What game it was. Back to back State championships. 😳✅👍🏽

#9 outplayed #1 by a wide margin. Huskers would be real luck to get Cade. But who knows where their QB recruiting is at. What game it was. Back to back State championships. 😳✅👍🏽
It wasn’t even close. Very surprising to see how much better the Westlake QB was.

ADVERTISEMENT