Texas Governor commits 250 million down payment....

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
To continue border wall construction. Nice to see since Joe and the Ho are clueless.

Abbott launches Texas border wall project with $250 million 'down payment'

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Lmao oh Texas, what a bunch of idiots.

It was really stupid when trump said it, it was even more stupid when he said Mexico would pay for it, it was catastrophically stupid when he tried to do it and pay for it. Now this.

Building a wall is not an effective way to stop illegal immigration, end of story.

laonda10

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
Omaha
To continue border wall construction. Nice to see since Joe and the Ho are clueless.

Abbott launches Texas border wall project with $250 million 'down payment'

How much will it cost to wall off the entire Gulf of Mexico and California beaches as well?

Reactions: nelsonj22

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.

It was really stupid when trump said it, it was even more stupid when he said Mexico would pay for it, it was catastrophically stupid when he tried to do it and pay for it. Now this.

Building a wall is not an effective way to stop illegal immigration, end of story.
and what is?

Reactions: Husker69

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012
At least he's not diverting money that was supposed to support our military and the Pentagon as Trump did.

More power to him, I just think that they're building their wall on the wrong side of Texas.

Last edited:

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
So he is gonna build a wall that’s not on the border and can’t have checkpoints. That should work out well.

Seems like a total publicity stunt.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
What would it cost to build a wall around the whole state of Texas? I would give to a go fund me if we could lock all of their dumb asses in.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
and what is?
1. Enforcing the laws on the books.
2. Making it easier to immigrate for those who want to be legal citizens.
3. Investing in more border patrol agents as well as monitoring tech.
4. Fine companies that are hiring illegal immigrants
5. Require all illegal immigrants to pay taxes as well as their employers with an 18 month window for legalization before deportation and fines setting in.

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
1. Enforcing the laws on the books.
2. Making it easier to immigrate for those who want to be legal citizens.
3. Investing in more border patrol agents as well as monitoring tech.
4. Fine companies that are hiring illegal immigrants
5. Require all illegal immigrants to pay taxes as well as their employers with an 18 month window for legalization before deportation and fines setting in.
Why should it be easy to immigrate here?

Gonzo3705

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
The Bay or the Sierras
This is a useful distraction for Abbott while he provides zero leadership on their grid issues. Don't mess with Texas unless you're 90 degree weather. FFS, it isn't even the worst part of Summer and they're scrambling.

It's not like they had a come to Jesus moment with ERCOT this Winter.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
That's cool. I don't live in Texas so I don't actually care at all.
Funny how this triggers people so much.

The "That won't stop illegal immigration completely so its really stupid!" Makes me chuckle.

I'm guessing it helps about as much as wearing masks prevents covid but like you said. Who cares what Texas does?

• Haha
Reactions: BugeaterInWa

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Funny how this triggers people so much.

The "That won't stop illegal immigration completely so its really stupid!" Makes me chuckle.

I'm guessing it helps about as much as wearing masks prevents covid but like you said. Who cares what Texas does?
You think the wall would be that effective? Maybe we should have a wall...

Wils97

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
Omaha, NE USA

Exactly. Most come via…wait for it…airplane.

Wils97

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
Omaha, NE USA
You have a percentage of each way illegal immigrants get into the country without detection?

“When it comes to people in the country without proper documentation, the majority of them didn't cross the Mexican border at all. Most of them came to the United States legally — but then don't leave.
About 700,000 travelers to the United States overstayed their visas in fiscal 2017, the most recent year for which the Department of Homeland Security has published figures. DHS estimated that, as of Sept. 30, 2017, the end of that fiscal year, more than 600,000 of those travelers were still in the U.S.
During that same year, there were just 300,000 apprehensions along the Southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection — the lowest number since 1971.”

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
What would it cost to build a wall around the whole state of Texas? I would give to a go fund me if we could lock all of their dumb asses in.
Yet everyone is moving there. They must be doing something right.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
“When it comes to people in the country without proper documentation, the majority of them didn't cross the Mexican border at all. Most of them came to the United States legally — but then don't leave.
About 700,000 travelers to the United States overstayed their visas in fiscal 2017, the most recent year for which the Department of Homeland Security has published figures. DHS estimated that, as of Sept. 30, 2017, the end of that fiscal year, more than 600,000 of those travelers were still in the U.S.
During that same year, there were just 300,000 apprehensions along the Southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection — the lowest number since 1971.”

So they caught 300,000 but can't catch 600,000 that are in the country. I'm failing to see how this answered my question.

How many got by border patrol?

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001

It's an effective way when combined with other efforts.

Reactions: 1160

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001

They'd let you and embrace it. That's what I love about Texas.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Texas will be the first state to secede, and they should absolutely build wall around their entire state. They need a few million really mean dogs, too, maim anyone who tries to enter illegally.
What I'm honestly curious about... Biden is meaningless in everything he says and does (lol) but Cuntmala and the rest of his admin have been staunch supporters of unfettered border crossing and amnesty, giving away of free shit to illegals LOUDLY for the last four years, they now change their tactics, and the media says nothing about the change in narrative. Why should anyone be surprised?

Reactions: 1160

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
It's interesting to me they'd put $250m into a wall that won't work, while their electric grid is on the verge of failing again. But as a state that has a border I'm glad they are finally kicking in their fair share instead of suckling from the govt tit.

Reactions: nelsonj22

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Yet everyone is moving there. They must be doing something right.
Rich natural resources, abundant land, a central location within the United States and a business-friendly environment have long attracted both immigrants and U.S. natives to Texas. As a result, the state's population is faster growing, younger and more diverse than the nation's.

I still hate those F'n longhorns.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009

It is one tool out of many that protects borders. You are an uneducated idiot who reads too many cnn articles if you really think walls do not secure and protect borders.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
It's interesting to me they'd put $250m into a wall that won't work, while their electric grid is on the verge of failing again. But as a state that has a border I'm glad they are finally kicking in their fair share instead of suckling from the govt tit.
Walls work pretty damn well in Israel. I lol at the idiots who think walls are the only form of border security we have.