ADVERTISEMENT

Texas BBQ

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
Alright Texas Huskers, fam and I are visiting my wife’s sister’s family in Prosper, TX (just north of Dallas)...taking any bbq recommendations I know this board will undoubtedly share that’s around the area

Reactions: ADV1
Pecan Lodge in downtown Dallas is REALLY good (hour drive though from Prosper). My brother lives in Prosper and he said Hutchins bbq and Tender Smokehouse are local best bets

Reactions: nemeth#5
787c63eadc9814116d6698ae0ccae2d4.jpg

Just take any piece of meat and put a crapload of pepper on it and you have Texas BBQ.

Alright Texas Huskers, fam and I are visiting my wife’s sister’s family in Prosper, TX (just north of Dallas)...taking any bbq recommendations I know this board will undoubtedly share that’s around the area

If you're in the DFW area then I recommend the following:
  • Hard Eight BBQ, this is one of my favorite go-to's and there's one by NFM/Scheels in The Colony so not a bad drive to get to https://hardeightbbq.com/
  • Heim BBQ, This is my favorite "Craft BBQ" joint... they have a few locations but you're going to have to travel into Fort Worth to give it a shot https://heimbbq.com/
  • Since you're up by McKinney it might be a good idea to check out Hutchins... I've never been there but have heard excellent things... I think they even won an award for the best BBQ in DFW https://hutchinsbbq.com/about
Enjoy your stay!

If you can find a Rudy's, it's 2nd bbq anywhere, Franklin's in Austin is the only better bbq, but Rudy's has better sauce and sides.

I live in Plano and work in Frisco.... Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum is good but not worth the weight/hype.

Tenders in Frisco and I think they have one in Celina/Prosper is my favorite..... Tenders in Frisco has a nicer bar and restaurant area to eat at....

If you are looking for good BBQ but more like cafeteria style, try Hutchins.... really good but not as nice of a restaurant.

Lockharts in Downtown Plano is legit as well. . . I think they have the original spot in Dallas as well.

Its all good though as long as you stay away from any place that doesn't only specialize in BBQ. There are some cool bars that also have BBQ (Katy Trail) that will disappoint you.

I live in Frisco. Just go to hard 8 on 121 right by Nebraska Furniture Mart. I like it better than Rudy’s. Pecan Lodge will have you waiting in line for at least an hour.

Reactions: ADV1
I live in Frisco. Just go to hard 8 on 121 right by Nebraska Furniture Mart. I like it better than Rudy’s. Pecan Lodge will have you waiting in line for at least an hour.
Hard 8 aint bad.... but if you are wanting primo stuff I wouldnt go to a place that has like ten spots.... just my opinion.

I had my thanksgiving catered by Hard 8.... it was good.

If you can find a Rudy's, it's 2nd bbq anywhere, Franklin's in Austin is the only better bbq, but Rudy's has better sauce and sides.

Love me some Rudy's. Franklin was my final meal of the pre-Covid world, as I had it the Thursday night before everything closed down in Austin. I go to Rudy's because, unlike Franklin, I don't have to stand in line for four hours to get it. Plus, if I had to pick a last meal, the creamed corn from Rudy's would be on the plate.

Love me some Rudy's. Franklin was my final meal of the pre-Covid world, as I had it the Thursday night before everything closed down in Austin. I go to Rudy's because, unlike Franklin, I don't have to stand in line for four hours to get it. Plus, if I had to pick a last meal, the creamed corn from Rudy's would be on the plate.

creamed corn is FANTASTIC

Reactions: ScienceGuy08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT