ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Zero U. to the SEC?

I still can't believe that this move is better for OU and Texas. But this proves that TO was correct in moving us to the B1G the last time this kind of rumor was circulating. With the pay for play now fully legal (or loopholed), it's bad news for college football. My long time prediction of an NFL Lite is becoming truer every day.

And why would they? I mean, I know it sounds harsh but it is not one schools job to make sure other schools are okay.

Harvard isn't sitting there worried that Yale might need some help with shit.

Is it hard to become a "name" school, yes, in fact in the last 25 years maybe Oregon is the only school that has become a name school that was not one from the past.

On the USCw247 website in the war room their insider mentions that USCw and Colorado are talking to the Big Ten to leave for the Big Ten.

USCw is private so they are not tied to anyone an dnor is Colorado. So you land those two and the rest of the big research schools in the Pac 12 follow.

Then you wait until the 2030's for the ACC.

Read an article where the sec could have 4 divisions with each division winner potentially making the playoff. This seems like it would make the most sense to lure top teams to the sec.

I can't believe people in this thread think Kansas is not a serious contender for the B1G expansion, or wouldn't want them.
It makes total and complete sense for Kansas to be in the B1G. Way better than Rutgers/Maryland.
I would gladly add Kansas to the B1G.
I'd also gladly add ISU just from a sports fan standpoint, but all they really have going for them is AAU status.
Kansas is a slam dunk.

PAC teams will not be joining the B1G. I don't understand that. The PAC is fine out there by itself.

I don't get Texas and UO wanting to go to the SEC. However, the 4 division thing might make some sense, as the SEC is virtually guaranteed of getting four teams into a 12 team playoff every single year. It'll be a joke.

PAC teams will not be joining the B1G. I don't understand that. The PAC is fine out there by itself.
In 2020 USC was paid $33.6 million by the Pac 12. Purdue was paid $54.3 million by the Big 10. With the next media rights deals coming that annual gap will widen. Not to mention what the SEC schools are going to get with the addition of OU & TX. Pac 12 schools will not be fine in comparison with other Power 4 schools across the country.

I still can't believe that this move is better for OU and Texas. But this proves that TO was correct in moving us to the B1G the last time this kind of rumor was circulating. With the pay for play now fully legal (or loopholed), it's bad news for college football. My long time prediction of an NFL Lite is becoming truer every day.

It's not better for either school. At least for Texas they can push A&M back to the state's redheaded stepchild though. OU will just end up with more losses and will end up regretting it a decade from now.

I don't get Texas and UO wanting to go to the SEC. However, the 4 division thing might make some sense, as the SEC is virtually guaranteed of getting four teams into a 12 team playoff every single year. It'll be a joke.

Pac schools are willing to break away and make a western pod in the Big Ten.

If you have a 247Sports subscription, you should go read the USC 247 site. We aren't making shit up in the hope and pray world.

best in what way, exactly?

from where I'm sitting, the only thing the b1g is best at is overt, intentional and long-running sexual abuse of its student athletes.

Prestige, money making and academics. The Big Ten members bring in so much research money combined that it makes college sports revenue look like a penny on the sidewalk.

Reactions: SOHusker11
It's funny to think how this all could have been avoided, if the Big 8 had just sided with Dr. Osborne and Nebraska.

It's funny because Nebraska will have the last laugh. Nebraska will be in a better conference and make more money than OU/Texas and OU/Texas ain't winnin' shit in the SEC.

I'm starting to think those schools leaked this information to get offers from the PAC and B1G.

Reactions: salsa red
The B10 better grab the cy-clowns (condiment state). if they don't move quickly, the Ivy League may take them.
warren better secure a football blue blood(s) in expansion.
usc and the p12 (grab ku on the way).
id say nd, but if delaney couldnt pull it off i doubt warren could.
i still think in a few years after the dust settles we’ll hear ‘these conferences are too big’ - money is one thing, lack of appearances in playoff/championship game for some is another.

Pac schools are willing to break away and make a western pod in the Big Ten.

If you have a 247Sports subscription, you should go read the USC 247 site. We aren't making shit up in the hope and pray world.
You know nothing, just like the pathetic people who pay to look at a message board and "journalists" who also know nothing.

Prestige, money making and academics. The Big Ten members bring in so much research money combined that it makes college sports revenue look like a penny on the sidewalk.
Prestige comes from winning, something only 1 B1G school has done in the last 30 years.

Academics and money making are 2 things no fan on earth cares about, and makes B1G homers like you look moronic when they’re boasted about.

B1G sucks, every member school is a national joke save for ohst.

Last edited:
For all the talk of major conference realignment, I still think one of the likely scenarios is that after Texas and OU leave, the rest of the Big 12 stays together, and adds 2 of Cincinatti, UCF, Houston, and Memphis. The Big Ten isn't jumping to add Kansas and ISU. And the rest of the schools don't really fit in any other conference. I just hope the talk of a Big Ten megaconference with four PAC12 schools isn't true.

For all the talk of major conference realignment, I still think one of the likely scenarios is that after Texas and OU leave, the rest of the Big 12 stays together, and adds 2 of Cincinatti, UCF, Houston, and Memphis. The Big Ten isn't jumping to add Kansas and ISU. And the rest of the schools don't really fit in any other conference. I just hope the talk of a Big Ten megaconference with four PAC12 schools isn't true.
Why? You wouldn’t want to be in a pod with Colorado, UCLA and USC😂..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT