ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Zero U. to the SEC?

Kansas - I can see them in the B1G....Iowa State, eh just don't see it.

Kansas State - forget it
Oklahoma State - long shot, B1G ain't taking a SEC little brother
TCU Baylor Texas Tech - don't see it
West Virginia - probably best chance outside of Kansas

Notre Dame - I think B1G would ask, ND would say no thanks, we're good

Would Colorado bolt form the PAC?

All these NU fans that were saying go back to the big 12?? Wrong. This is exactly why. Texass and OU are only looking out for themselves. Big 10 may not be perfect but we are making money and have stability. Screw Texass!! They destroyed the old SWC, they destroyed the Big 8. Now they are destroying the Big 12. Horns down. F#ck em!!

So would Texas and Oklahoma buy their way out of the conference or is this all just a heads up about an intention to leave?

I, personally, love this and hope it's the straw that breaks the camel's back with all of this traditional organization.

soon the b1g shall be dead. long live the b1g.

Reactions: WHCSC
All these NU fans that were saying go back to the big 12?? Wrong. This is exactly why. Texass and OU are only looking out for themselves. Big 10 may not be perfect but we are making money and have stability. Screw Texass!! They destroyed the old SWC, they destroyed the Big 8. Now they are destroying the Big 12. Horns down. F#ck em!!
how soon will the SEC title game be played at Jerry's World in Dallas?

So would Texas and Oklahoma buy their way out of the conference or is this all just a heads up about an intention to leave?
They have just fired a loud shot with the intent of starting a stampede. If enough of the remaining 8 schools take off for other conferences, then OU and UT can walk out the door early, and with no penalties. According to a UT podcast, OU and UT are looking for KU to start the exodus as they are the most valuable national brand left, and the only one besides ISU that has AAU status.

They have just fired a loud shot with the intent of starting a stampede. If enough of the remaining 8 schools take off for other conferences, then OU and UT can walk out the door early, and with no penalties. According to a UT podcast, OU and UT are looking for KU to start the exodus as they are the most valuable national brand left, and the only one besides ISU that has AAU status.
200.gif

Meanwhile our comish, Warren, is

giphy.gif

I can't see LSU going along with this at all. They would lose their natural rivals and be left with a bunch of SWC, and Big Eight leftovers. Not to mention A&M being extremely pissed...
They will figure it out but really it's all about the money anyway. Give a little to get a lot.

Exactly, people brought up contracts and penalties but if there is no conference, there is no penalty.

I mean, I still have a few Blockbuster movies that I have not returned, guess what, they stopped calling.

I think KU is likely at this point.

I'm still not convinced BiG TeN would take Iowa State. I think they would like Virginia, North Carolina or Notre Dame, but that would be really tough to pull off. Maybe they just take KU for now until they figure the rest out.

Last edited:
This will simplify the playoffs.

2 leagues left standing when the music stops. The B10 officially changes its name to The Big Ten Inches ... the SEC officially change their name to: Such Extreme Cocks. National title game (Big "Dicks" Sporting Goods Bowl) is held every year between the 2 conference Champions.
This model stays in place for 375 years and is remembered as the golden age of football eons from now.

When Baylor doesn’t know, you know it’s all up in the air

WACO, Texas (July 23, 2021) – The following message was sent to the Baylor University Family today from Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D., and Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Mack B. Rhoades IV.

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University – a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution’s academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas’ overall reputation to maintain five “Power Five” institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State’s athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future.

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
President

Mack B. Rhoades, IV
Vice President
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics

ND only prefers the ACC because they were granted a special privilege by the ACC to be a partial conference participant where they pick and choose. The B1G was having none of that, you're either in as a full fledged conference member or you're not in at all.
They are in for Hockey.

Reactions: PaNDalum
The B1G makes it pretty much impossible to leave. Michigan and OSU arent going anywhere.

If Ohio State leaves the conference it will be as an independent. Ohio State would make much more money on their own rather than sharing it with other conference deadbeats. And no Big 12 rejects are joining the B1G the B1G is the best conference in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT