ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Wilson gets 4th Star

2 4 star QBs in one class, now that's what I'm talking about. We need to decide which one we want to keep.
That happened a few years back with Turner and Starling with one not making it to campus.

That happened a few years back with Turner and Starling with one not making it to campus.

Little different animal though. Neither of our current commits is supposed to be a high-round MLB pick, are they? I hope we keep BOTH. OSU last year and Nebraska in 94 showed you, sometimes you need at least two really good QBs.

Wilson is interesting. A fast guy can improve as a thrower, but you can't teach a pocket passer to be fast. O'Brien is the more polished thrower, and in certainly no statue. There is NOTHING wrong with having guys who can hurt you in different ways.

Great work by Riley and staff showing they can evaluate talent.

2 4 star QBs in one class, now that's what I'm talking about. We need to decide which one we want to keep.

What do you mean? Riley and staff want them both, and told both recruits they were taking 2 QB's in this class before either committed.

What do you mean? Riley and staff want them both, and told both recruits they were taking 2 QB's in this class before either committed.

It would be great if we could keep both. But they will be made promises that could entice them away, such as immediate playing time. I personally would be fine with only one QB recruit. Use the scholarship somewhere else.

It would be great if we could keep both. But they will be made promises that could entice them away, such as immediate playing time. I personally would be fine with only one QB recruit. Use the scholarship somewhere else.

Disagree, I really want to keep both. Way too easy to lose a QB to injury or a transfer. If you want to be an elite team, you need at least 2 very good QBs, maybe 3 as OSU just showed.

The numbers say a given QB is way more likely to be an also-ran than a star, so you need to front load those numbers and find out who can play.

Reactions: jeans15

Well if immediate playing time was the clincher, I think POB probably would've jumped at the chance to play for Colorado State are a smaller program.

Wilson likely takes an offer from Houston or Texas Tech.

I think Ohio State will eventually be a player for Wilson. I swear to God that Urban Meyer offers 2 to 3 players in each class just so his future opponents can't sign the kid.

The only schools Nebraska needs to fear for POB is UCLA or USC.

What current QB on the roster gives you the feeling that he could be a really good QB in a year? I've got one in mind, that's it. NU needs two high-quality guys like this.

When did we become so deep at quality QBs that we can start throwing some back into the water? A knee, an ankle, a wrist, an elbow, a concussion....you name it and it could end a sesaon for a guy. Ohio State isn't having an issues right now keeping three proven QBs on the roster and you want to start throwing back shollies on a coin flip?

6 hours ago • By Brian Christopherson | Lincoln Journal Star

Brian Christopherson | Lincoln Journal Star

bchristopherson@journalstar.com

Patrick O'Brien's summer rise has moved him to a four-star recruit in both the 247Sports and ESPN rankings. And Terry Wilson is now also rated a four-star recruit by ESPN. In fact, Wilson has moved into ESPN's Top 300 recruits overall -- ranked 209. (The quarterbacks are rated as three-star prospects elsewhere, though don't be surprised if some other bumps are coming.)

ESPN is currently highest on Nebraska's class, especially the latest additions. The Huskers have four of their 10 commits ranked in ESPN's Top 300.

Offensive lineman John Raridon is No. 110, safety Marquel Dismuke is No. 124, Wilson is No. 209 and linebacker Quayshon Alexander is No. 281. Both Dismuke and Alexander joined the Husker class within the past week.

Their commitments have helped Nebraska climb to No. 23 nationally in ESPN's class rankings for 2016. The Husker class ranks 25th by 247Sports, 26th by Scout and 33rd by Rivals.

Reach the writer at bchristopherson@journalstar.com or 402-473-7439. On Twitter @HuskerExtraBC.

View 0 Comments

OK, so still 3 Star on Rivals. I was wondering why the front page wasn't changed.

I know I am in the minority but I have no problem getting rid of two or three current scholarship qb's on our roster. Football has changed so much since I was watching in the 70's and 80's. If you want to go to college on a football scholarship and just enjoy the college experience and get your degree, I say good for you but Nebraska isnt the place for you. I want players who want to come and live it, enjoy your time but school is first, football is second, and your fun time is way down the list. Sounds bad and I understand but if you want a FULL RIDE its time to get serious.

I know I am in the minority but I have no problem getting rid of two or three current scholarship qb's on our roster. Football has changed so much since I was watching in the 70's and 80's. If you want to go to college on a football scholarship and just enjoy the college experience and get your degree, I say good for you but Nebraska isnt the place for you. I want players who want to come and live it, enjoy your time but school is first, football is second, and your fun time is way down the list. Sounds bad and I understand but if you want a FULL RIDE its time to get serious.

If we REPLACE a few of them, that's one thing. But just to cut the roster is not a good idea. It's easy to run short of QBs in a big hurry. Remember when Lee and Martinez were both out and Green had to start?

If we REPLACE a few of them, that's one thing. But just to cut the roster is not a good idea. It's easy to run short of QBs in a big hurry. Remember when Lee and Martinez were both out and Green had to start?
Our best teams had two, starting or strong QBs often in the same class. Jerry Tagge- Van Bronson, Turner Gill-Craig Sundberg, Tommie Frazier-Brook Berringer and even Eric Crouch-Bobby Newcomb. Note in most cases a throwing QB that could run and an athletic QB, dynamic runner that could throw. The formula seems to have worked out well for us for four decades even bringing in a few National Championships.

Our best teams had two, starting or strong QBs often in the same class. Jerry Tagge- Van Bronson, Turner Gill-Craig Sundberg, Tommie Frazier-Brook Berringer and even Eric Crouch-Bobby Newcomb. Note in most cases a throwing QB that could run and an athletic QB, dynamic runner that could throw. The formula seems to have worked out well for us for four decades even bringing in a few National Championships.
I think that what is not being said is that we now have a QB coach that has something to offer the recruit...We finally have someone that knows the position and can develop them. He also has a great eye for talent.

I'm thinking we only have about a 35% chance of actually signing both, with Terry the most likely to end up elsewhere. Would love to have both though, and let's just hope to hell that at least one sticks.

I'm thinking we only have about a 35% chance of actually signing both, with Terry the most likely to end up elsewhere. Would love to have both though, and let's just hope to hell that at least one sticks.

I think our fanbase has been "Pelinied" too much. We are so used to good recruits flipping away from Nebraska that we are snake bitten.

Langsdorf has sent 4 straight QBs to the NFL and he was just Eli Manning's QB coach. His cache is legit, and I expect both kids to stick. They both were also told Nebraska would sign 2 QBs in this class. Its not like each was told the other would be the exclusive recruit.

The only thing that could sway either one of them is a UCLA offer for O' Brien.

Thanks Cornicator; you have been so " spot on". Seems most other teams of " Big Name ", status; have many more top ranked players for them to wade through also. Our coaching staff will continue to be a big recruiting draw; especially if they keep up their graduating players to the next level accomplishments.

Has nothing to do with Pelini.

Kids want to play early if they can, it's that simple.

Sure they do.

But at this point in the game, every perennial top 25 program has at least 1 QB recruit. So either you commit to another program with QB depth or you stay at Nebraska.

If they really want to go find some guarantee earlier PT, they would need to pick a program like Kansas or Idaho or UTEP. I don't see them reneging to pick one of those schools.

Reactions: steelclaw

Well it has a little to do with Pelini; had he recruited / coached better, we'd have better competition at the position and the high-quality kids that believe they can come here and play early may not have otherwise considered NU.

Recruiting does not stop once the kids says he's coming to Nebraska. Coaches must recruit said kid until the day he signs on the dotted line and even then, after. That was something that the previous staff failed to realize.

If Terry Wilson's interviews represent how he really feels at all, he's not worried about competing with O'Brien. He has confidence to the edge of arrogance in his own abilities, and that's a good thing in a QB.

Oregon already has Seth Green, the #9 dual-threat QB in the country. I'd take Wilson over Green myself, but Wilson has serious competition wherever he goes.

Oregon's undoubtedly trying to convince Wilson he's more in the mold of mobile Marcus Mariota than pure drop-back Sean Mannion. That's where they have a shot at pulling him away, potentially.

ADVERTISEMENT