ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Wilson crystal ball for Nebraska

Cam82huskers

Walk On
Jan 30, 2017
I seen Terry Wilsons crystal ball today and it's looking goof for Nebraska I wou take him and Martinez what are our chances with him

Does he have a commitable offer? Not sure he actually does unless that changed today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still firmly believe, and stated such in the last week, Nebraska will be starting a QB in 2018 that is not on the roster right now. When I stated this everyone said I was nuts. I am telling you I fully expect only 1 scholarship quarterback that is on the roster now to be here when the season starts.

I still firmly believe, and stated such in the last week, Nebraska will be starting a QB in 2018 that is not on the roster right now. When I stated this everyone said I was nuts. I am telling you I fully expect only 1 scholarship quarterback that is on the roster now to be here when the season starts.

I wouldn’t disagree considering the guys on roster aren’t the types you recruit to run a spread option offense..

Very plausible

To say that one of the scholarship QBs currently on the roster won’t start isn’t a stretch… It easily could be someone that the coaching staff brings in. I do disagree however that all of our scholarship QBs will transfer out. It may happen, but I don’t think so…

Reactions: dinglefritz
I agree there. These QBs sound to excited about Frost to have 2-3 of them leave. And nope, I will NOT count Gebbia out. The hard work the kid shows in the film room and all that has the makings of a good one. If we get both Wilson and Martinez and also have Lee, OBrein and Gebbia on scholly....my money is On Gebbia or Wilson to win the QB job next season. Call me bias...but i want to see Gebbia win it out right. Would be nice to have those brains, arm determination leading our offense (not saying the others don’t have it). Match that with Frosts offense and our WR skill sets, defenses better be ready for a lot of points coming there way.

I don’t remember anyone calling you nuts. I felt it was entirely plausible you were right.

To say that one of the scholarship QBs currently on the roster won’t start isn’t a stretch… It easily could be someone that the coaching staff brings in. I do disagree however that all of our scholarship QBs will transfer out. It may happen, but I don’t think so…

My guess is Lee is Corvallis bound. POB and Gebbia? They have both redshirted, and the NCAA hasn’t exactly been consistent about players’ eligibility if they transfer when a coaching change occurs. So who knows.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I hope we land Wilson and Martinez but I think Gebbia wins the job if he stays. I just think the kid is the ultimate competitor.

We’ve gone from - fill in the blank as the next savior QB......most recently POB, then Lee, then Gab, now Terry who we hated once he dropped us like a bad habit, to now he’s the MAN!! Next. This is comical

Reactions: huskerssalts
I agree there. These QBs sound to excited about Frost to have 2-3 of them leave. And nope, I will NOT count Gebbia out. The hard work the kid shows in the film room and all that has the makings of a good one. If we get both Wilson and Martinez and also have Lee, OBrein and Gebbia on scholly....my money is On Gebbia or Wilson to win the QB job next season. Call me bias...but i want to see Gebbia win it out right. Would be nice to have those brains, arm determination leading our offense (not saying the others don’t have it). Match that with Frosts offense and our WR skill sets, defenses better be ready for a lot of points coming there way.
If I remember correctly, Wilson lost the job at OU because he was not accurate. Not sure if that has improved. If not, every one on he will call him another TA and b__ch about him continuously.

If I remember correctly, Wilson lost the job at OU because he was not accurate. Not sure if that has improved. If not, every one on he will call him another TA and b__ch about him continuously.

That’s why my money is on Gebbia. Wilson was already beat out at the Ducks and left them to go Juco...no idea if grades or what. And I’m not saying Wilson hasnt gotten better or has blown up since.

And for the love of God no one is claiming any of these QBs are the dam saviors and will be the next 1st round draft pick. This over exaggerated statement some claim since there was some high on Lee and felt he had a chance to go first round the beginning of this year because Manning and co claimed Lee had NFL caliber arm. Well guess what, Manning was right. Lee has an NFL arm and can make ALL the throws. He just makes bad choices and he also made some great choices. So it wasn’t to far fetched.

Either way, We are picking which QBs we FEEL will win out the QB battle and my pick is Gebbia. we see QBs transfer everywhere and we also see QBs stay and rid the bench everywhere. I honestly don’t see any of our QBs leaving. No insight or any of that, just going off of what I see and read on players tweets. All the current QBs are stoked and ready to roll with Frost. I’m not seeing any of them whining or complaining. This is why i THINK they all stay. And again, Gebbia is MY PICK for our starting QBS next year. Which, appears at the moment and what we seen and heard so far, wouldn’t be bad thing because the kid has shown to have the demeanor about him to be a great one and whiling to do work hard on the field and in the film room. We all will find out soon enough.

Reactions: Redblood23
Didn’t we see a lot of the same people claiming or thinking Pat OBrein would transfer out to this season because Lee was starting and he wasn’t getting playing time??? And look what happened, he never left us and he’s STILL here now. No clue why some of you are so stuck on the idea ever player who doesn’t start from day one will transfer.

Not sure I've seen a fan base turn on a guy more than what we have seen with Gebbia.

We/they wanted a true frosh to play more in games this year ahead of Lee, and now we completely roll around on the guy and expect some newbie to come in and replace him because he supposedly can't run a "Frost" offense that nobody has seen at Nebraska?

Amazing.

Reactions: Red I 73
Not sure I've seen a fan base turn on a guy more than what we have seen with Gebbia.

We/they wanted a true frosh to play more in games this year ahead of Lee, and now we completely roll around on the guy and expect some newbie to come in and replace him because he supposedly can't run a "Frost" offense that nobody has seen at Nebraska?

Amazing.

Amazing is the fact that someone actually thinks people are against Gebbia. No one is against anyone. But 2 DT QB offers going out before the ink is dry on Frost's contact might give you a hint as to what he wants to do.

But 2 DT QB offers going out before the ink is dry on Frost's contact might give you a hint as to what he wants to do.

You have a point but IMO those offers speak more to the fact that Frost has little time to recruit to Nebraska and the roster overhaul will suffer if we don't get the DT QBs he wants right away. I don't really think it means anything bad (or good) for Gebbia particularly. It is just the new staff knowing that they have absolutely no time to waste and are making their intentions clear. Wasting a cycle is not an option in Lincoln where the fans want wins now and progress will only buy you about a year or two.

My guess is Lee is Corvallis bound. POB and Gebbia?

Year two in a Riley system is always a sh!t-ton better than year 1. Maybe he goes there and kicks a$$. 30+ TDs and <10 INTs Laughing

Jk, its Oregon State.

The NCAA hasn’t exactly been consistent about players’ eligibility if they transfer when a coaching change occurs.

IMO, some previous NCAA rulings on system changes:

Go from spread or pro-style system (pass 20-30+ times a game) to an option system (pass <5-10 times a game), then the NCAA allows it every time.

Go from an option system (pass <5-10 times a game) to a spread or pro-style system (pass 20-30+ times a game), then the NCAA allows it every time.

Go from a spread to a pro-style or vice versa, then the NCAA does not allow it. The systems may be different, but they do not require a completely different skillset at QB.

Going from passing the ball 40% of the time to passing it 5-10% of the time is a huge change and the NCAA recognizes that.

Amazing.

I have seen a lot more posts claiming or hoping that Gebbia will be the starter than posts rolling on him declaring that he can’t get it done. Prob 5:1.

We’ve gone from - fill in the blank as the next savior QB......most recently POB, then Lee, then Gab, now Terry who we hated once he dropped us like a bad habit, to now he’s the MAN!! Next. This is comical
What’s comical to me is the way you fabricate stuff to make Nebraska look bad. I don’t remember hatred for Wilson. At all. Wilson was not a pro style QB, and when he went Oregon most on here weren’t shocked at all. It wasn’t a Blaine Gabbert or josh freeman type leaving.

Every post you make is negative. So much so that I question your loyalties.

Potential of 5 QB’s on the roster out of 88 is too many. I think Gebba’s style fits better in Frost system that Riley’s. Maybe not as big to take the punishment, but Scott might adapt his system to make it work. The kid is a winner.

Reactions: saluno22
Didn't Gebbia's high school team run 4- or 5-wide all the time? I'm not saying all 4- and 5-wide sets are the same, but it was a pretty open offense.

Plus as someone else pointed out in another thread, Gebbia was the point guard on his high school basketball team, so he's not lacking athleticism.

Reactions: Redblood23
Didn't Gebbia's high school team run 4- or 5-wide all the time? I'm not saying all 4- and 5-wide sets are the same, but it was a pretty open offense.

Plus as someone else pointed out in another thread, Gebbia was the point guard on his high school basketball team, so he's not lacking athleticism.
Yes, he ran a spread in high school similar to what Frost runs. I believe POB did as well.

Reactions: saluno22
Amazing is the fact that someone actually thinks people are against Gebbia. No one is against anyone. But 2 DT QB offers going out before the ink is dry on Frost's contact might give you a hint as to what he wants to do.

Just going through semantics, so jump in when I'm wrong:

Callahan
: His first real recruiting class in '05 he landed the savior named Harrison Beck while some little heralded JUCO in Zac Taylor also filled out that same class. Thankfully Taylor could throw a forward pass after incumbent Dailey struggled through the '04 season.

Pelini: Cody Green was the supposed savior this time in his 2009 class. Somehow, an ATH guy named Martinez started for 4 years in his place. Arguably, the best QB he ever had was an unheralded 2* recruit from the previous regime named Joe Ganz.

Riley: In his first real class in '16, he landed POB while starting incumbent Armstrong for 2 years. 2nd class he landed Gebbia along with a little known transfer from Tulane, so who knows what will happen here, but the likelihood of a newbie coming in and starting at QB in the 2018 season that isn't currently on the roster doesn't seem to be all that likely.

People need to come to some kind of reality that Lee, POB, or Gebbia will almost certainly be our starter next year in a "Frost" offense and that it is highly unlikely that Frost and crew will land a meaningful QB in the next 2 months.

Isn’t that too many schollies dedicated to qbs?

I don’t remember anyone calling you nuts. I felt it was entirely plausible you were right.
Let him go, he's on a roll and thinks he's onto something groundbreaking.

ADVERTISEMENT